• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Kerrick

First Post
Here, UK. This is a very clear declaration of OGC. I had a question about IP and OGC, and Hal was kind enough to post this example for me.

Oh, BTW - I got a Paypal account set up, so as soon as I get some money into it, I'm going to buy a copy of the Bestiary.

Fieari

Explorer
Adding a new entry to the d20 npc wiki isn't too complicated, but does require a little explanation.

Step one is to go to the "All monsters by CR" page here: http://d20npcs.wikicities.com/wiki/D20_NPCs_by_Challenge_Rating

Scroll down to the CR area you want to add it to, and click the edit button. For the most part, you'll be clicking the edit button right next to the "Epic (CR 20 to 159) NPCs and Creatures" listing, or possibly the "Cosmic" listing.

If the CR you're adding already has a section, put the name of your creature under there, surrounded by [[ ]] marks, and followed by a <br>. If not, add your CR surrounded by === === marks. Basically, follow the format given by the other entries, you'll do fine. Save the changes.

Click the red link you just created. It'll take you to the page to add your new creature. Add it in. Then you're done!

If you're intimidated by wiki-markup (slightly different from HTML and board markup) you can go to this page: http://d20npcs.wikicities.com/wiki/NPC_Templates
Click edit next to the format you want, copy the text there, and modify it as you need before dropping it into your creature page.

By the way, I statted up A'tuin like I said I would earlier, just for fun. I used the Dragon Turtle as a base, removed some of the dragon powers, then raised its size to Mega-Gargantuan. I think this is currently the largest statted creature in existance right now. It has nearly 11 billion hit points and more than 15 million damage reduction. It resists 5000 fire, cold, electricity, and 6000 of radiation, which should nicely enable it to fly through space. These stats should be similarly in line with the stats of a planet (a planet would be somewhat tougher, being made mostly of iron, but then, a planet can't move on its own and dodge/deflect stray comets) so consider this a LOWER limit for planet-busting spells and weapons. http://d20npcs.wikicities.com/wiki/A'tuin_the_Star_Turtle

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Fieari said:
Adding a new entry to the d20 npc wiki isn't too complicated, but does require a little explanation.

Thansk Fieari! :)

It has nearly 11 billion hit points and more than 15 million damage reduction. It resists 5000 fire, cold, electricity, and 6000 of radiation, which should nicely enable it to fly through space. These stats should be similarly in line with the stats of a planet (a planet would be somewhat tougher, being made mostly of iron, but then, a planet can't move on its own and dodge/deflect stray comets) so consider this a LOWER limit for planet-busting spells and weapons.

I think you may have overestimated somewhat, at least where hit points are concerned. The Bestiary says, under the Neutronium Golem's Combat section, that an Earth-sized planet has 80,000 hit points.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Some more edits for the future:

The Amilictli has 28 feats listed, but should have 29.

Nimrod, being a wizard, should have Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. You may want to put in his entry that he's a 41st-level human wizard, and then give him his extra feat for being human.

Alabaster seems to have too many feats. He should get 40 from normal levels, and 59 fighter bonus feats, and 10 from his Amidah template, for 109 (non-bonus) feats altogether. However, he has 111. You could edit his entry to say he's a 117th-level human vampire fighter, and that'd add one more, but he'd still have one too many.

Also, why isn't Alabaster getting four attacks The Sword of a Thousand Names? It seems like he should get iterative attacks with it.

Argento is missing one feat; he has 10 from hit dice, where he should have 11. In glancing at the cloud giant entry, he seems to be missing his Iron Will feat.

Belius should not have a superscripted B next to his Improved Initiative feat; as a balor, he already had that feat prior to gaining the Atata template.

Syzygy has 10 feats from normal progression; with 30 HD, he should have 11.

The dire tyrannosaurus has 10 feats; it should have 13 (presumably the missing Toughness feats).

Airavata has 11 feats; he should have 15.

The medium quintessence elemental has 8 feats from normal progression; it should have 7.

The large unelemental has 10 feats; it should have 11.

The huge unelemental has 13 feats; it should have 14.

The greater unelemental has 18 feats; it should have 21.

The elder unelemental has 24 feats; it should have 27.

Last edited:

Hey guys! :)

Alzrius said:
And for the most part, what you have there makes sense, save for the "non-epic" mention of the DR line. As an aside, there's a big difference between being mindless (having no Intelligence score) and having a 0 Intelligence (which isn't truly mindless).

I'll sort it out for v1.3.

Alzrius said:
The growing them back in a day (mentioned under "birthquake") notwithstanding, since that's too slow to be a form of regeneration as d20 has it.

I'll have a think about that.

Alzrius said:
I just updated that for an error that I'd made. The psionic cogent had too many power points before. It's fixed now. I'll update it again for the tweaks you make to the cogent for v.1.3.

I'd have posted it on Feiari's wiki, but I wasn't sure how to make a new entry there. If it'd work better for you, you can just cut-and-paste the entire thing onto your website; a surprisingly large amount of people don't use Word (or Word-based applications), so that might work better.

I think Fieari posts the details below...which I am just realising you must have seen long before me.

Alzrius said:
That's not what it says. It says they have all the traits of epic dragons, not adamic dragons.

Ah, okay, that needs sorted then.

Alzrius said:
An email isn't sent (or at least, I don't get one). Rather, the next time you go to "My ENGS Account" (your bookshelf), the tag that usually reads "download" has changed to "*updated" letting you know that there's a new version available.

Thanks for clarifying that.

kerrick said:
Here, UK. This is a very clear declaration of OGC. I had a question about IP and OGC, and Hal was kind enough to post this example for me.

I appreciate the help mate.

kerrick said:
Oh, BTW - I got a Paypal account set up, so as soon as I get some money into it, I'm going to buy a copy of the Bestiary.

I apologise for taking so long to sort RPGNow out. I finally managed to send them the file last night at midnight, and it says they take up to 24 hours to review it before they allow it on sale.

Alzrius said:
Hm, U_K's website appears to be down again.

Theres a novelty. :(

I'll email them in a moment. Looks like repairs though rather than hackers this time.

jmucchiello said:
Don't do it on my account. Only change it if that's what content you want to release.

I want to make everything as clear as possible for gamers and other publishers.

Fieari said:
By the way, I statted up A'tuin like I said I would earlier, just for fun. I used the Dragon Turtle as a base, removed some of the dragon powers, then raised its size to Mega-Gargantuan. I think this is currently the largest statted creature in existance right now. It has nearly 11 billion hit points and more than 15 million damage reduction. It resists 5000 fire, cold, electricity, and 6000 of radiation, which should nicely enable it to fly through space. These stats should be similarly in line with the stats of a planet (a planet would be somewhat tougher, being made mostly of iron, but then, a planet can't move on its own and dodge/deflect stray comets) so consider this a LOWER limit for planet-busting spells and weapons. http://d20npcs.wikicities.com/wiki/...the_Star_Turtle

Very nice. A planet wouldn't have Hit Dice, only bonus hit points derived from size (as per constructs). However to destroy a planet you would need to deal roughly 80,000 damage in one attack, there would be no point dealing 1 hit point damage, 80,000 times over.

I'll take a crack at the Challenge Rating when I post up the link on my website. ;)

Alzrius said:
The Immortal's Handbook Epic Bestiary vol. 1 becomes EN Gamestore #1 bestseller!

WOOT!!!

Hat's off to you U_K! You deserve it! How does it feel to have a project so long in the works hit the top so quickly?

I must admit I was shocked when Rulemaster mentioned it to me on msn this morning. The amazing thing is that the number of sales at ENWorld Shop is still less than the number of pre-orders copies sold on my website.

Alzrius said:
I think I can honestly say that none of us who knew about this before it was released are too surprised. The IH really is one of a kind.

Hopefully this mini-success will pique the curiousity of Publishers interested in doing a print version.

Regarding the latest errata Alzrius mate, Vampire gives you five bonus feats, hence the 114. I'll fix the rest for v1.3. Thanks. :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
Regarding the latest errata Alzrius mate, Vampire gives you five bonus feats, hence the 114. I'll fix the rest for v1.3. Thanks. :)

I took the vampire bonus feats into account, hence why I said he should have "109 (non-bonus) feats". It's not 114, it's that he has five feats with a superscript B (the vampire bonus feats), and 111 feats from his level progression, fighter bonus feats, and Amidah templates; he should only have 109 from those.

Also, the cometary dragon advancement listing has two entries for "great, great wyrm".

The juvenile cometary dragon has 50 feats; it should have 51.

The wyrmling nexus dragon has 130 feats; it should have 139.

The void dragon advancement listing has two entries for "wyrm". Also, on table D-28, the size abbreviation for the great wyrm void dragon should be "Ma-D" (and depending on which advancement entry for "wyrm" is right, that entry on the table may need to be "Ma-D" also).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads