• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Fieari

Explorer
I just considered what might be a better mechanic for dealing damage to objects and creatures so large they have their own significant gravity wells... what about giving them "Regeneration X/Massive Damage", in that the only lethal damage obtained is that which deals more than a particular threshold. This simulates the fact that gravity is holding the thing together, and that to do damage, one must cause particles to exceede excape velocity. (This might be a good mechanic for the Nuetronium Golem too, in fact)

The question would be determining the X for a given size, and also determining the massive damage threshold.

weiknarf

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Hey guys! :)

I apologise for taking so long to sort RPGNow out. I finally managed to send them the file last night at midnight, and it says they take up to 24 hours to review it before they allow it on sale.

It's up on RPGNow now.

historian

First Post
Hat's off to you U_K! You deserve it! How does it feel to have a project so long in the works hit the top so quickly?

I think I can honestly say that none of us who knew about this before it was released are too surprised. The IH really is one of a kind.

Agreed 100%.

Congratulations U_K!

Merry Christmas to you as well. :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Fieari said:
I don't see it on RPGNow... link?

It's here. Though it looks like the blurb formatting still needs to be cleaned up a little.

Being that Eternity Publishing is a new small press publisher, it got put over on RPGnow Edge.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Thanks to Fieari's advice, I was able to go in and add the Psionic Cogent entry to the d20 NPC Wiki. As such, I've removed the attached Word file from further up in the thread. Thanks again Fieari! :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
A few more things:

The Amidah template is definately a superior version of the paragon template. That said, it doesn't seem to grant some of the perks the paragon template does. It doesn't apply its luck bonus to damage rolls. It doesn't let the base creature strike with their natural or melee weapons as epic for purposes of overcoming DR. I'd say it grants less SR, but under your CR system, that may not be accurate.

The section on dragons (under the Epic dragon immunities) says they're immune to, among other things, subdual damage. This should be "nonlethal" damage, as they changed the name of it from 3E to 3.5E.

In the void dragon's Entropic Mastery description, second paragraph, second sentence, it says "unelemental" where it should say "void dragon".

The very young void dragon's Special Qualities line notes that it has sonic immunity...I can't see from what, however.

Also, about Alabaster's sword Dark Nemesis. I know I suggested having the word "summon" in its power be italicized, so it's clear that it's like a normals summons (e.g. the summoned being can't use its own summoning powers). You might want to change that to an italicized "call" so the nemesis can then use their own summons. Also, add in a comma right after the closing bracket in "[GMs choice]". Likewise, the "GMs" should have an apostraphe there.

Shouldn't the Quintessence elementals and Unelementals all have the Extraplanar subtype?

Last edited:

Merry Christmas all! :D

apologies for not being online last night. I was spending time with friends and only got back about midnight.

Firstly, as some of you have already pointed out, the Bestiary is on sale at RPGNow. Unfortunately, there was another mix-up (they must have missed where I ticked I wanted to become a Gold Vendor) so although they are selling the Bestiary they haven't got it in the shop window as it were. I will email them momentarily to rectify this.

Secondly, the website is back online, but only takes us up to the 12th of December (they broke for repairs on the 14th). So all I have to do is update the site and everything will be back to normal. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to access my control panel to do that. I will email them momentarily to rectify this. I was hoping to update the website today with stats for my version of Demogorgon.

Thanks for the continued editing Alzrius mate. I should point out that the version on sale at RPGNow is still v1.2. I may not get v1.3 finished until tomorrow.

Fieari said:
I just considered what might be a better mechanic for dealing damage to objects and creatures so large they have their own significant gravity wells... what about giving them "Regeneration X/Massive Damage", in that the only lethal damage obtained is that which deals more than a particular threshold. This simulates the fact that gravity is holding the thing together, and that to do damage, one must cause particles to exceede excape velocity. (This might be a good mechanic for the Nuetronium Golem too, in fact)

The question would be determining the X for a given size, and also determining the massive damage threshold.

Interesting idea. I may well steal that. :p

weiknarf said:
It's up on RPGNow now.

Thanks for keeping everyone appraised weiknarf dude! Well spotted! I can't even find it on their website, I had to do a search to get it. :\

historian said:
Agreed 100%.

Congratulations U_K!

Merry Christmas to you as well.

:D

Alzrius said:
It's here. Though it looks like the blurb formatting still needs to be cleaned up a little.

Being that Eternity Publishing is a new small press publisher, it got put over on RPGnow Edge.

I don't know what the heck is going on. The blurb went in properly, but it doesn't look the same. I'll have to edit that. Also, like I said, I should have been a Gold Vendor, so I'll see about sorting that out immediately.

Alzrius said:
Thanks to Fieari's advice, I was able to go in and add the Psionic Cogent entry to the d20 NPC Wiki. As such, I've removed the attached Word file from further up in the thread. Thanks again Fieari!

Great stuff, I'll post the link as soon as I am able to update. Whenever that will be. :uhoh:

Pssthpok

First Post
Hey, UK,

How will customers be informed of these impending verions? Such as it is, I have a copy of the Bestiary that you send out to people who purchased the art-less preview previously. If things are continuously editted (version 1.3 now?) how wil lyour customers be kept abreast of these changes without having to buy the product again and again?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Pssthpok said:
How will customers be informed of these impending verions? Such as it is, I have a copy of the Bestiary that you send out to people who purchased the art-less preview previously. If things are continuously editted (version 1.3 now?) how wil lyour customers be kept abreast of these changes without having to buy the product again and again?

When U_K sent out the official release, he did so through the EN Gamestore. When he did so, the email about it gave you the option of adding the product to your bookshelf. If you did so, then whenever he updates the product here on the Gamestore, the "download" tag on your bookshelf for the product will instead read "*updated". Just click the button to redownload the new version.

Remove ads