• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Rockhoward56

First Post
Yo!

Hello U_k!
Your website update is cool ! ^^
One question: if a greater deity is a dragon for example , they gain level or virtual age category?(hit dice bonus)?

Thanks for the ideas on the items/no items dilemma guys. I think the safest option is just to let DMs decide.

Rockhoward56 said:
Hello U_k!

Hiya mate! :)

Rockhoward56 said:
Your website update is cool ! ^^

Well the good news is that I have managed to sneak the Table back into the book (I had to add four new pages to Chapter 2 - hence the delay Alzrius) although I will have to make some changes naturally. ;)

Rockhoward56 said:
One question: if a greater deity is a dragon for example , they gain level or virtual age category?(hit dice bonus)?

If a dragon became a greater deity, it would not necessarily gain any new Hit Dice. However, I do suggest a minimum of 80 Hit Dice for Greater Deities in the book.

They would though almost certainly gain Virtual Size Categories due to potential strength bonuses.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
Well the good news is that I have managed to sneak the Table back into the book (I had to add four new pages to Chapter 2 - hence the delay Alzrius)

I wondered what happened, though I wasn't too terribly surprised. ;)

Hey there! :eek:

CR_UNLIMITED!!! said:
Man, I realy hope this book comes out the 21st....on it's second release day.

Unfortunately there is no chance of that, none whatsoever.

However, whatever the next release date I give, I'll release the book on that date whatever current state of completion it is in.

I can't apologise enough for this continued delays, I know everyone wants the book, I want to get it finished, but I also want it done right.

thefnitalian

First Post
UK,
We all know you want it done right and very full of backbone and bite and we very much appreciate this type of focus but you are right that these are continued delays. Even if you can leak some previews so that people have something to chew on and spit some feedback to you, that might expedite your endeaver. Your playtesters are like your whore-shippers, they want your might and you want their feedback, so lets exchange finally...

Eversius

First Post
Quick question, UK, about one of the Balseraph?

Is Abaddon the true, serpent form of Asmodeus that lurks in the Serpent's Coil below Nessus?

GQuail

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Unfortunately there is no chance of that, none whatsoever.

However, whatever the next release date I give, I'll release the book on that date whatever current state of completion it is in.

I can't apologise enough for this continued delays, I know everyone wants the book, I want to get it finished, but I also want it done right.

Well, I'm dissapointed we're waiting longer still, especially with no clear end in sight: but at least we've got an assurance that our next deadline will be our last deadline. :)

Whilst I know nothing about the many reasons that could have delayed this book, U_K, I do think that in general it's a better idea for self-publishers like you to sometimes just let the book go at release time rather than continue trying to make sure it's "done right". It's an oft mentioned fact that many books, films and the like are often released "unfinished": every author always thinks one more edit or one more reshot effect would make the whole thing better. Without the yoke of an evll boss or marketing department to tell you that, whether you've got the spell DCs perfect or not, the previews said September and that means it goes to print Friday or not at all, however, you get to make your product "perfect": but some of us would prefer "at all". ;-)

Hey there! :)

thefnitalian said:
UK,
We all know you want it done right and very full of backbone and bite and we very much appreciate this type of focus but you are right that these are continued delays. Even if you can leak some previews so that people have something to chew on and spit some feedback to you, that might expedite your endeaver. Your playtesters are like your whore-shippers, they want your might and you want their feedback, so lets exchange finally...

I'll be having previews as and when, but I am sort of seeing this first (potentially unfinished) release as one heck of a big preview.

Remove ads