• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Im trying to generalize the megasaur you made Krusty...for more common use.

Is this right so far? The numerics are right off the site, so I guess Im asking if it's still current.

Megasaur
Macro-Fine Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 160d10+2560+4320 (7760 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 240 ft. (48 squares), swim 240 ft.
Armor Class: 115 (-32 size, +147 natural), touch -22, flat-footed 115
Base Attack/Grapple: +160/+218
Attack: Stomp +160 melee (15d10+51) or claw +154 melee (8d8+34)
Full Attack: Bite +160 melee (10d10+17), 2 claws +160 melee (8d8+34), stomp +160 melee (15d10+51) and tail sweep +160 melee (8d6+51)
Space/Reach: 240 ft./320 ft.
Special Attacks: Atomic breaths, energy pulse, frightful presence, improved grab, rend, stomp, swallow whole, tail sweep.
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 80/-, immunity to poison, disease, energy drain and ability damage, regeneration 160, resistance to acid, cold, fire and electricity 80.
Saves: Fort +102, Ref +82, Will +57
Abilities: Str 79, Dex 11, Con 42, Int 4, Wis 18, Cha 18
Skills: Jump +55, Listen +31, Search +24, Spot +31, Survival +31, Swim +55.
Feats: Alertness, Awesome Blow, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Clinging Breath, Combat Reflexes, Fling Enemy, Great Cleave, Great Fortitude, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Improved Multi-attack, Improved Natural Attack (x4: Bite, Claw, Stomp and Tail Sweep), Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Improved Toughness (x27), Multi-attack, Power Attack, Recover Breath (x2), Rend (claws), Shockwave, Tail Sweep Knockdown.
Epic Feats: Dire Charge, Epic Fortitude.
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 88
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 161-255 HD (Macro-Fine), 256-511 HD (Macro-Diminutive).
Effective Class Level: 160

Standing over 300 ft. tall, this great reptile almost rises into the clouds. Its hide is covered in thick dark green scales, its back ridged with pale bone-like plating tapering down the length of its tail. With menacing glare and mighty roar it issues its challenge of supremacy.

Combat

Megasaur attacks. You run or die.

Atomic Breath (Su): 1920-ft. line of atomic energy, dealing:

- Disintegration: 320d6 damage (avg. 1120), or 40d6 (avg. 140) on a successful Fortitude save (DC 106)

- Force damage: 160d4 force damage (avg. 400); Fortitude save for half damage (DC 106)

- Heat damage: 160d6 fire damage (avg. 560); Fortitude save for half damage (DC 106)

- Radiation: 2d12 (avg. 13) points of ability damage to strength, dexterity and constitution.

There is a 1d4-2 round delay between each use of this breath weapon. The save DCs are Constitution based.

Energy Pulse (Su): 480-ft. radius wave of atomic energy, dealing 40d20 force damage (Average 420). Fortitude save for half damage: DC 106.

Frightful Presence (Su): Megasaur can inspire terror by charging or attacking. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC 94 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain within sight of the megasaur. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Rend (Ex): Should a megasaur hit the same target with both claw attacks the target suffers a further 16d8+42 damage.

Stomp (Ex): Targets two size categories (or more) smaller than the megasaur can be stomped into the ground for 16d8+42 damage.

Swallow Whole (Ex): A megasaur can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 4d8+17 points of crushing damage plus 4d8+7 points of acid damage per round from the megasaur's digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 100 points of damage to the megasaur's digestive tract (AC 25). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. The megasaur's gullet can hold 2 Huge, 8 Large, 32 Medium, 128 Small, or 512 Tiny or smaller creatures.

Tail Sweep (Ex): A megasaur’s tail sweep affects all targets within a semi-circular area.

Tactics Round by Round (useful for megasaurs in general)

Megasaurs ignore any opposition until first attacked (unless there is a history of enmity whereupon he issues the challenge by roaring and charges into battle).

Round 1: Full attack against targets within reach, if no targets are within reach the megasaur charges into battle and then employs a full attack (Dire Charge). If no targets are within melee range (flying for instance), the megasaur attacks with his ranged weaponry (see Round 2).

Round 2: Use breath weapon on single opponent, or use the energy pulse if facing multiple opponents.

Rounds 3 and 4: Repeat rounds 1 and 2 where appropriate.

Round 5: Should opposition still exist by this stage the megasaur employs his augmented breath weapon.

sukael

First Post
A few thoughts on the epic feats...

Improved Toughness is already around, non-OGL, and non-epic--I think it's in Complete Warrior.

And I think I saw a Weapon Mastery feat around... there's already a nonepic feat of the same name (if not the same effect) in the PHB2, and another feat that has a similar effect.

Pssthpok

First Post
I'm kinda worried about Superior Sunder. Seems... disgustingly nasty to me, even for an epic feat.
Otherwise, this is some top-notch stuff, here. I'm stoked to see the rest of the text and get busy building my setting's pantheon.
I almost think, given dense population figures, the Event system leads very very quickly to a lot of quintessence, but hey: we have a huge (7,000,000 pop.) elven city IMC and just recently saved it from invasion. Doing the math gives the elven archmage of an enemy kingdom who opted into helping out roughly 500 QP, while his human meatshield from the same kingdom gleans about 250 QP. Not too severe, but I can't imagine how well-off some of the local heroes came out. Nonetheless, the Event system is quite possibly the finest machine you have in the whole book (thus far), UK. Good show.

Dragonmoon

Explorer
Immortal Rules

Hy Upper Crust!

A great work! I'm an old player of the Wrath of Immortals at D&D time and your books have the same unforgettable flavour.

I've some question for you about some game rules and avatars/aspects.

- An immortal of lesser god status or above with outsider HD and class levels has only the firsts changed to d20 or also the seconds?

- How many avatars and aspects can support a god?

- For an immortal with outsider hit dies the spell-like abilities of an avatar/aspect are the same of the manifestation with a different casting level?
- An immortal can spend an amount of quintessence that can make its quintessence total under the minimum for its divine rank?

The lack of an author like you for players like me that love adventures at divine level was felt. I and my friends have taken your two first works and we do not see the hour of being able to taste the successive ones. It continues therefore!

Arg-ha Lardgoa

Half-Ogre King
Outsiders

One quick thing I might mention is monks and other classes gain the outsider type at end of their non-epic progress and therefore by the rules you present gain the appropriate divine template of their HD/levels, maybe a change of wording in the templates section would be in need?

Fieari

Explorer
No, it says that they're divine only if their divine status is not otherwise known. With regards to a monk, the divine status IS known. Apotheosis has not occured, so the monk is not divine, despite being an outsider.

Arg-ha Lardgoa

Half-Ogre King
yes, I realise that, but from someone who wants to exploit the rules and says he has done many acts in his own name and has QP and has followers, and other excuses he could say he should have a divine template. I am saying maybe the words should say an outsider that is a 'natural' outsider. some groups start play in the high levels and the created character would have no known or unknown divine status

Remove ads