• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Important - Missing Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMojo

First Post
Subject: Important - Missing Girl

Hi guys,

I haven't posted on ENworld lately but wanted to get word out everywhere I can. There's young girl named Amanda who's gone missing in FL. Please check the link below and contact using the #'s on the page if you've got any info.

http://www.pbandjracing.com/Amanda_Keith.htm

Thanks guys!

Brad

Enforcer

Explorer
Do you know this girl personally? If not, I'm going to have to go with my gut instinct and say this is phoney.

-What's Amanda's last name?
-What's Jennifer's last name?
-What city is the "Florida Mall" in?
-Is there even any such place as the Florida Mall?
-Did Amanda live in that city? Florida is a pretty big place...
-What are her parents' NAMES?
-Why haven't I seen anything about a missing pretty white girl on the news?
-If the news hasn't reached Chicago, can anyone in Florida verify this story?
-If it hasn't been on the news, but only the Internet, why are her nameless parents that stupid?
-Why is there no listing for any of the phone numbers they have on the site? (I used a reverse phone directory site and got no listing, though the area code and exchange say Kissimmee, FL and St. Cloud, FL for them)
-Why does the Mom have two cell phones and why is one a Kissimmee number and one a St. Cloud Number?

Check out Snopes.com, the premier Internet Myth Buster and do a search for "missing girl". You'll see how common this sort of scam is. If this somehow turns out to be legit, then I offer my sincerest apologies, but I'd bet money that I'm right. I've already given the link to them.

DClingman

First Post
Hmmm, You should probably chill a bit Enforcer.

As a resident of Central Florida, yes there is a Florida Mall. I haven't specifically heard of this story, but my gut tells me it's legit. The poster has nearly 200 posts, hardly that of a spammer.... Why would anyone post the scam? Additionally, the first 10 searches on Snopes for Missing Girl only yield 3 false stories. There rest were either true or "not any more" meaning that the child had hopefully been returned home.

Dustin

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This sort of thing is not appropriate to post at EN World - and even if it was, this is in the wrong forum.

Thread closed and moved. Nice to see you, BadMojo, but please not with this sort of thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads