• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Important: New Story Hour archiving method!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Important: Post has been edited - you may now upload your files directly to the archive from your hard drive.

In order to ease my workload a little, I've installed something called PostNuke. It's a generic website application used by a lot of websites these days (you'll find it looks familiar!).

The important part is that it has several self-contained automated systems - including a file archive system.

I've created a few categories for the various types of resource to be found at EN World. One of these, of course, is the archived Story Hours.

Instructions For Use

You'll find the page in question here: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/news...e=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=4

1) Click on "Add download"

2) Fill in the boxes in the following way (for consistency's sake):

Program name: The name of your Story Hour.

File link: Browse to the file on your hard drive.

Description: Fairly obvious.

Author's name: Your name or username.

Author's email: Your email address.

Version: Probably 1, unless you are updating a file.

Homepage: This is the link to your Story Hour messageboard thread.

Any questions, just yell!

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Umm...err... I wonder if you have to register first? I'm not too familiar with this software yet. Just installed it today.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I'm also really interested in syndicating the news, as the link at the bottom suggests. It's not working for me yet (and I know nothing about HTML), but I REALLY look forward to this. It'd be great for my site.

I'll keep trying to figure the Story Hour archive out. I'm sure someone will hash it out.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dr Midnight said:
I'm also really interested in syndicating the news, as the link at the bottom suggests. It's not working for me yet (and I know nothing about HTML), but I REALLY look forward to this. It'd be great for my site.

I'll keep trying to figure the Story Hour archive out. I'm sure someone will hash it out.

I haven't even thought about synidcating the news yet - but I have no problem with itif people want to do it. I'll just have to figure out how it works.

I really want the main news page to look just like the old news page, so I'm trying to customise it so it doesn't look like your average PostNuke site. Slow job, though!

Lazybones

Adventurer
It looks like you need to register first through the "My Preferences" button on the lower left.

Edit: went through the registration process, got a repeating IE error (kept asking for a refresh while I was logging in), but finally got in. Submitted my story hour, which the program acknowledged, although it hasn't come up yet on the download menu. Looks like it takes a little while to add... will check back later.

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I added my three story hours, but I'm stoopid... didn't make the "Home page" link a link to the ENboards thread. Will this be changeable? I didn't know I'd done it wrong until it was too late...

because I didn't listen. Weep.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dr Midnight said:
I added my three story hours, but I'm stoopid... didn't make the "Home page" link a link to the ENboards thread. Will this be changeable? I didn't know I'd done it wrong until it was too late...

because I didn't listen. Weep.

Well... not just that.

This is a file upload/download system. You don't appear to have given it the addresses of any files, just of your website.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Morrus said:

Well... not just that.

This is a file upload/download system. You don't appear to have given it the addresses of any files, just of your website.

Yeah, I put links to external sites because that's where I keep the stories as I want them. With a .doc file I can't put images in and have links to character bios, etc. (I believe).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dr Midnight said:

Yeah, I put links to external sites because that's where I keep the stories as I want them. With a .doc file I can't put images in and have links to character bios, etc. (I believe).

Yeah but..but...but...the system can't upload your entire website and package it up for people to download to their hard drives!

Plus you can put images and hyperlinks in a .doc file. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads