• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Important: New Story Hour archiving method!

Enkhidu

Explorer
Quick question for you, Morrus.

In this thread, you've asked for files in .zip format. You then requested that we use the Meta forum to upload those files if we didn't already have webspace available to upload to the archive.

But the Meta forums won't accept .zip extensions on files...

I'd just upload it is .doc format, but wanted to check with you first...

Lazybones

Adventurer
Well, I can't remote link from Tripod, where I have my free website space, and my file is significantly larger than the 100000 bytes you limit uploads to. Am I SOL under the new system?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Enkhidu said:
Quick question for you, Morrus.

In this thread, you've asked for files in .zip format. You then requested that we use the Meta forum to upload those files if we didn't already have webspace available to upload to the archive.

But the Meta forums won't accept .zip extensions on files...

I'd just upload it is .doc format, but wanted to check with you first...

OK, I've set the fourms to allow .zip files.

Well, I can't remote link from Tripod, where I have my free website space, and my file is significantly larger than the 100000 bytes you limit uploads to. Am I SOL under the new system?

You should be OK now- I just turned off the file size limit.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Do you know what the lag time is for the upload appearing in the downloads page?

I think I've accomplished it all correctly, but... I'll be happier when I can make sure by seeing it!

Cheers

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Plane Sailing said:
Do you know what the lag time is for the upload appearing in the downloads page?

Yep, it's however long it takes me to see you've done it, check that it's done correctly and then hit the "approve" button. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dr Midnight said:
So just putting up a link TO the story as a web page isn't all right?

No. It's a file upload/download system, not a links page. The system tries to download whatever you put in there and store it on the EN World server. It can't download a web site.

Remove ads