• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Improved Manyshot

Death

First Post
I have just read Improved Manyshot feat from ELH. I don't get it. It is the same as Manyshot. You can not fire more than four arrows, because your BAB stops growing after level 20. How do you fire more arrows than 4, if limit in Improved feat is limited with BAB?

Thanee

First Post
The feat only works if you substitute BAB with BAB+EAB (Epic Attack Bonus) in the feat prerequisite and description.

Otherwise you couldn't even learn it! ;)

Bye
Thanee

mkletch

First Post
Death said:
I have just read Improved Manyshot feat from ELH. I don't get it. It is the same as Manyshot. You can not fire more than four arrows, because your BAB stops growing after level 20. How do you fire more arrows than 4, if limit in Improved feat is limited with BAB?

On the same or facing page for the epic attack bonus and save bonus progression, it specifically says to treat your combined BAB and EAB as you BAB for purposes of fulfilling requirements of feats, prestige classes and the like. Combined BAB and EAB does not get you extra attacks, only BAB alone.

-Fletch!

Death

First Post
Page 6:
To qualify for any feat that requires a minimum base attack bonus, use the sum of your base attack bonus and epic attack bonus.

Page 7(bottom):
You gain epic and other bonuses to your attack roll, but these don't ever increase your base attack bonus and thus never grant you additional attacks

I know, that BAB=BAB+EAB sounds logical. I have first thought it is so, but according to text it is not! You can use that formula just to qualify for feat, not to shoot more arrows.

Kai Lord

Hero
The book is correct. You can qualify for the feat with BAB+EAB, but you still can't fire more than four arrows. Andy threw in that feat to penalize players who want their characters to look utterly ridiculous by making them waste a feat slot.

Its just a test to see how dorky you want to be, but doesn't actually give you anything else, sort of like a leprechaun's fourth wish. Funny how that feat always comes back to the little green men in tights.... :)

mkletch

First Post
Kai Lord said:
The book is correct. You can qualify for the feat with BAB+EAB, but you still can't fire more than four arrows. Andy threw in that feat to penalize players who want their characters to look utterly ridiculous by making them waste a feat slot.

No, you do shoot more arrows (considering BAB+EAB), at an ever increasing penalty. That is what Andy Collins had on his site. It's just that BAB+EAB doesn't give you more iterative attacks.

-Fletch!

Thanee

First Post
Well, at least the real power classes (cleric and wizard) can get beyond 20 BAB temporarily, what a pure fighter will probably never be able to! ;)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads