D&D 5E In a (hypothetical) Tales from the Yawning Portal 2, what are the adventures you would want updated for 5E?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
To be clear, this is not a news thread on a new Tales from the Yawning Portal coming out. It is not a speculation thread, or even discussion of whether there should be another such book.

But I want you to imagine: WotC announces a new book compiling adventures from older editions, much like the format of the book Tales of the Yawning Portal. When you see this announcement, what are the first adventures you think of, that you would want to see with 5E rules, new maps, updated art, the works?

I think I would pick the Keep on the Borderlands, plus the nearby Caves of Chaos. I've never played it myself, but heard so much about it that I think it may do well with 5E tratement.

What would your choices be?

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I think I would pick the Keep on the Borderlands, plus the nearby Caves of Chaos. I've never played it myself, but heard so much about it that I think it may do well with 5E tratement.

What would your choices be?
B2 Keep on the Borderlands has already been published for 5e by Goodman Games with WoTC's blessing. It includes B1 In Search of the Unknown:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I don't really want to pay $50 for a single updated module, especially when it is the same art and design... I am specifically referring to adventures getting a full WotC remake, with updated art, text, maps, etc.
These books are really well made. For example my copy of B4 The Lost City contains details and maps for the underground city which was not detailed in the original module (only 48 pages). The 5e version is has new maps, arts and updated descriptions. In total 292 pages. (edit: its a mini-campaign for levels 1 to 7).

WoTC won't redo these. Best remove them from your wish list.

Remove ads