In Addition To RPGs, Do You Play Wargames (Including Tactical Miniatures Games)?

In Addition To RPGs, Do You Play Wargames (Including Tactical Miniatures Games)?

• Yes

Votes: 105 52.0%
  • No

Votes: 97 48.0%

Angus MacDonald

First Post
Back in the 70s I started with miniatures, but slid away from them due to too many damn arguments about line of sight and the like.

Once I went to rpgs, the miniatures (except for painting them as gifts) swiftly faded away, and I have been much happier.

aramis erak

Legend
I used to play SFB a lot, and love to play my Columbia Games' block games (but seldom get the chance).

I started wargames before RPGs - AH Survival, AH's 1776, Tactics II...

My parents played a lot of "family games" - half of the 3M bookcase series, but not my favorite of them (Feudal, which I now own two copies of). Oh-war-ree, Triominoes, Twixt, and several others. And, of course, Monopoly, Sorry, Aggravation, Mouse Trap, several dexterity games... My favorite was the Toppling Tower game.

I was raised by two gamers. They were biggest into Bridge, Canasta, and Cribbage. But various games were a common family activity.

I miss pushing counters or blocks on maps. I miss playing games like Memoir 44 and Battle Lore. (Hell, I miss playing 18xx games, too - stock manipulation)

I don't have the connections for those in my new location, and my collection is still in the old location...

Phototoxin

Explorer
I used to but time required, effort (lots of time and $ investment for little return), community toxicity and just general lack of enjoyment have caused me to fall off the wagon

Skepticultist

Banned
Banned
3plkGfv.jpg

Imperium Forces of the Persephone System.
From l. to r. Knights of Oceanus (Space Marines), House Hertzberg (Imperial Knights), 237th Cerberus Blood Guard (Imperial Guard), and the Scions of Oceanus (Storm Troopers)

In addition I have:
p4TKybB.jpg

Hive Fleet Lamia (Tyranids)

uzWLzw6.jpg

Biel Tan Host (Eldar)

kFK6BGc.jpg

Poisoned Tears Troupe (Harlequins) in desperate need of new photography.

sOZx8iA.jpg

Goldgobba's Merkanary Krew (Orks)

Why yes, yes I do play Warhammer 40K. I have 2000+ point armies for Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Tyranids, Orks and Eldar, plus some allied forces. And a whole lot more that isn't photographed (or, in many cases, painted yet). In addition to WH40k, I'm also a HUGE fan of Crooked Dice's 7TV game. Some of my teams for 7TV:

ctQI7Mc.jpg

The Scooby Gang (and some hapless Cops)

gz3QjDw.jpg

Doctors Who and Companions

eLlk3ec.jpg

Axel Foley, because hey, why not?

mkyE0N1.jpg

Ghostbusters!

4Sv6FEt.jpg

Ghosts!

I also play some...
fgbC77X.jpg

Post-Apocalyptic games

xGb6LVV.jpg

SAGA -- This is William the Conquerer, leader of my Normans. I'm actually a descendant of William the Bastard, but so are a lot of people.

And this is like barely scratching the surface. I have more miniatures than you can shake a stick at.

Remove ads