In Addition To RPGs, Do You Play Wargames (Including Tactical Miniatures Games)?

In Addition To RPGs, Do You Play Wargames (Including Tactical Miniatures Games)?

• Yes

Votes: 105 52.0%
  • No

Votes: 97 48.0%

MadMaxim

First Post
Yes, I did. Now D&D is taking up all that time. I loved and still love Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000, played a little Necromunda and Mordheim in-between. I'm currently working on a Tyranid army for Warhammer 40,000, but as D&D is taking up all that time, it's unfortunatly not getting anywhere...

I also play a bit of HeroClix (the Marvel ones only), but it's getting less and less often...

JollieRoger

First Post
Yes, I play a lot of different wargames of the mini, board and computer variety. Even though I get board of the computer ones really quick.

It is rpg's and games like Risk/Axis and Allies that got me into the wargames such as Warhammer, 40K, BattleTech, Warzone, SFB, Flames of War and many others. I love the small unit tactics as well as larger games with lots of figures. It is also fun painting and converting the figures and making the terrain.

When 3.0 came out it lead to a resurgence within our gaming group to play D & D because of the combat system and the use of mini's.

EricNoah

Adventurer
No, I don't. I don't really even play regular boardgames that much. D&D, computer games, and crossword puzzles are about it for me!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Wargaming is how I entered the hobby back in the '70s.

In those days I played mostly historicals, Napoleonics, ACW, Thirty Years War, and War of The Roses. Both with miniatures and as board wargames.

Nowdays I play Warmachine, Mordheim, Warhammer, and WH 40,000. I have not played an historical game in far too long.

The Auld Grump

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I used to and would if I had more time. With age comes the family and more responsibility. If I would suggest a wargame, I'd recommend Games Workshop's Mordheim. Great game and doesn't cost a ton to get into.

doghead

thotd
Nope.

I used to. Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, Warhammer 40 K Epic and Spacehulk. We did a lot of painting miniatures. We also played CCG's, Magic mostly and some V:tM. Long ago we played a fair bit of military board games. Fortress Europa, GEV and Ogre, and Car Wars are some names I remember. Although Car Wars isn't erally a military board game.

thotd

Remove ads