• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC

WarlockLord

First Post
OOC: Are you allowed to use magic in self-defense?

Galdr will stick with his original plan, unless defending yourself with magic is illegal, in which case there is nothing he can do.

Zweischneid

First Post
[sblock=Warlocklord]
Hi Warlock. I think noone quite understands your question on magic and self defence.

OOC Discussion here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229895&page=3

Maybe you could post Galdr's actions and movements, with reference to the maps, you are thinking about that have raised your questions about self-defence. Maybe knowing what you intend to do and what you think is a problem with it would make it more clear for Redclaw and speed up the game.
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[OOC: !? Did the door open itself? When I moved away, it was precisely because I had *not* wanted to let the thing making noise out. I'll try to be more specific in the future. eep!]

IC:

Akhara is completely taken aback both by his failure to help engage the drake, and by the swarm of lizards crawling over his back. Panicked, he attempts to stand, and lets off his breath weapon at the insects.

[OOC: I'm away from my books right now, and I do not know all the modifiers for breath weapons and/or/on/against swarms. Please adjust as appropriate, I presume a single roll will do, if needed, poor as it is:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1659739/

]

Redclaw

First Post
23 Corbin
13 Dark Creeper
--Needlefang Drake Swarm
--Guard Drake
11 Akhara  starting here
10 Bheazir
8 Galdr
4 Jaden

As Akhara begins to move, the small drakes rip into his scaled skin, (13 damage). Despite the pain, he stands and breathes poisonous gas at the swarm, but all of the drakes manage to avoid the blast.

Hearing the painful outcry of Jaden as the Guard Drake tears into him, as well as seeing the way blocked by the swarm of tiny creatures, Bheazir does not hestite to charge right through the Bloodscale's cottage, crashing through the window to asssist the embattled Halflings. "Don't let that Drake get to you Jaden! His bark's worse than his bite."
( Jaden heals 8 hit points).

Galdr moves into the yard and fires a bolt of black energy at the swarm that is attacking Akhara. The bolt hits, but seems to be less effective than he’d hoped. They are, however, visibly weakened.

"They weren't here last time," Jaden replies wryly to his friend while, with calculated precision, he swung his blade about just catching the drake along the back wall in the shoulder. As the blade sliced into its scaly hide, spraying blood across the grass (bloodied, marked), it left the opening he was hoping to purchase for his dexterous friend. "Get behind it Corbin. Quickly! We'll take it down much faster working at it together!" Jaden nodded at the space behind the drake his blade was keeping occupied.

Seeing the blood pouring from the deep gash in Jaden's leg, Corbin knows the other halfling won't last much longer without some help. Flipping the dagger into his left hand, the halfling reaches into his pack with blinding speed and fires out a pair of shurikens before the guard drakes can react. His shuriken hits one squarely, but only grazes the other. Leaving the enemies clearing the blood from their eyes, Corbin rushes over to take advantage of better positioning in this combat.

A small form materializes out of the shadows in the house, only noticed by those around the instant its dagger sinks into Bheazir’s exposed back through the window (12 damage). It then seems to fade once again into the shadows.

The needlefangs continue their assault on Akhara, once again attempting to drag the dragonborn to the ground, but this time they are unsuccessful.

The guard drakes continue their assault. The first attacks Jaden, biting into him once again despite appearing blinded (13 damage). The other attacks Corbin, latching onto his leg (11 damage)
Akhara 12/25 Bloodied
Bheazir 20/32
Corbin 14/25
Galdr 21/21
Jaden 6/29 Bloodied
GD2 32 damage Blinded, Bloodied, marked by Jaden
GD1 5 damage
NS 9 damage Weakened
DC uninjured

Attachments

• Skravress' house.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
"Honorable warriors never fall!!"
Shaking of glass and debris, barely taking note of the bleeding wound in his back, Bheazir darts forward to drive his blade deep into the side of the Drake harrowing his friend Jaden.

"He does seem to like you Jaden. That'll teach that lizard it's place!"
the Half-elf notes towards his old friend as he pulls his sword free again with a sickening tear.

[sblock=OOC]
(move action)
shift to J5

(standard action)
Bastion of Defense vs. GD1; Bastion of Defense (vs. AC) (1d20+6=26, 3d8+3=17) (since this is a critical :angel:, max damage would actually be 27!! :devil: )

Effect: All allies within 5 (Galdr is out of range) gain +1 to all defenses for the encounter and 8 temp. hitpoints!!

(minor action)
Inspiring word on Jaden Inspiring word on Jaden v. 2.0 (1d6=5) healing another 12 (if is surge value is 7).

---------------
Also, I think you missed to include this in the final summery? Is Bheazir wounded?
A small form materializes out of the shadows in the house, only noticed by those around the instant its dagger sinks into Bheazir’s exposed back through the window (12 damage). It then seems to fade once again into the shadows.

[/sblock][sblock=shortstat Bheazir]
Hit points : 20(?) of 32; Bloodied at 16; Surges used: 0

Defenses:
AC: 17
Fort: 14
Ref: 12
Will: 14

Powers & Effects
+2 Initiative; self and ally (Combat Leader)
+3 temp hitpoints for using action points; ally (Inspiring presence)
+1 to all defenses and + 8 temp. Hitpoints for everyone but Galdr and Bheazir (Bastion of Defense)
Bastion of Defense, Inspiring Words
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Get these lizards off of me!" shouts Akhara, oblivious to the possible irony.

Akhara takes a healing surge, and readys himself to attack next round.

[OOC: don't know when I'll next b e at a terminal -- might be a few days. Akhara will continue to attack the swarm in panic, I suppose.]

OutlawJT

First Post
With the more offending of the two guard drakes down and the encouragement of Bheazir bolstering his stamina Jaden slides towards the first beast, bringing his blade to bare. The sword sings through the air towards it's target. With a sweet schlick sound it tears through the creatures hide in a telling blow. This monster would find it difficult to pay attention to anyone else now. Jaden had made sure his presence was felt by it.

OOC: shift to J4, Sure Strike vs GD1 (1d20 9=27), Damage vs GD1 (1d10=10). If by some miracle I was wrong about GD2's demise then I apply the attack to it instead and only shift if GD2 drops as a result of the attack.

renau1g

First Post
Corbin grimaces in pain as the guard drake clamps onto his leg, but doesn't cry out.

Corbin rushes around the offending drake, in order to reach its open back. While the enemy is distracted by Jaden, Corbin drives his dagger into a weak spot in the drakes back and twists to cause further pain.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor: Use Healing Surge (+6hp)
Move: Move to K5 to flank enemy, draw OA from G1 (AC 21)
Standard: Sly Flourish, Hit AC 18 for 20 damage
Attack vs. AC; Damage; Sneak Attack (1d20+8=18, 1d4+7=10, 2d8=10)
28/25 hp (+8 temp from Bheazir)
AC: 16 (21 vs. Opportunity Attacks)
Fort: 11
Ref: 16
Will: 13

Powers:
(at will) Sly Flourish

(at will) Riposte Strike

(encounter) Positioning Strike

(daily) Blinding Barrage
[/sblock]

Remove ads