• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Hextor's Name (Completed 22 Oct 2004)

Mantreus

Explorer
Kull's been called many things in his short career (mostly by Troilan) but this is the first time anyone's described him as 'thought provoking'
Gotta agree with Capellan here. He's maddening to play with. Very blunt, to the point. I want to slap him most of the time :D
Oh, by the way, I play Brodnak, which reminds me, I think he'll need to add some further comments :) Just to clarify a few things...

Brodnak and the more reliable of the human females took the front line of defence at one door, while I directed the others in blocking the second. Weapons and spells at the ready, we waited: but not for long.

Kull directed by saying something like "I'm injured, I'm staying right were I am" :)

Suddenly the creature burst back into the room. I readied myself to face it as it strode forward, but then I heard Troilan call out for help. I was tempted to ignore the young fool, but as Hextor teaches us: the Only Honour is in Victory. To face the creature alone, in my wounded state, would surely mean my death. And thus instead I stood aside and let it past, then made my way to the furnace room.

Read as "I ran like a girl" :D

But I agree with you all, it's an excellent take on a story hour, and Capellan is an excellent writer.

Capellan

Explorer
Mantreus said:
Kull directed by saying something like "I'm injured, I'm staying right were I am" :)

Pah. If he'd had even one hit point, he would have been beside you. But on zero, with no healing spells left, swinging his mace even once would have dropped him and started him on the route toward death.

Kull's brave, but he's not stupid. And he'd rather win than anything else, so he does the practical thing :D

All things considered, I think saving three people's lives was a pretty valuable contribution to the fight. I'm sure those in the group who reached -9 hp would be forced to agree with me :)

Mantreus

Explorer
All things considered, I think saving three people's lives was a pretty valuable contribution to the fight. I'm sure those in the group who reached -9 hp would be forced to agree with me
I don't disagree with your actions, I more disagree with your portayal of them... there was no "directing", there was lots of cowering ;)

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Mantreus said:

there was lots of cowering ;)

-Ahem-
"Tea-making," It's not cowering, it's making tea. I should know :D

I was also fairly sure Zalich didn't crumple anywhere along the line. My character sheet doesn't show any instances of o or negative HP from the session (and I had way more than your average wizard).

Mantreus

Explorer
I was also fairly sure Zalich didn't crumple anywhere along the line. My character sheet doesn't show any instances of o or negative HP from the session (and I had way more than your average wizard).
Ha! It's all coming out now! I didn't remember you crumpling, but I wasn't sure so didn't comment. In fact, you're at the back making tea *cough* hiding *cough* so much that I'm surprised it got close enough :D

Lela

First Post
Mantreus said:

Ha! It's all coming out now! I didn't remember you crumpling, but I wasn't sure so didn't comment. In fact, you're at the back making tea *cough* hiding *cough* so much that I'm surprised it got close enough :D

Okay, I think it's time for a third perspective on this story. Let's go Mantreus. Time to write.

Mantreus

Explorer
Okay, I think it's time for a third perspective on this story. Let's go Mantreus. Time to write.
Lela, I play Brodnak in the game, and he can't write being a monosyllabic barbarian. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it ;)

I was thinking of hiring a scribe in Saltmarsh though... hmm :)

Capellan

Explorer
arwink said:

There were definitely three people who went down ... one in the corridor, two in the furnace room. I couldn't remember who fell in the corridor, so I guessed Zalich. Must've been Troilan or Julianne, instead.

I'll edit my previous post to reflect the correct person, once we work out who it actually was :)

Mantreus said:
I don't disagree with your actions, I more disagree with your portayal of them... there was no "directing", there was lots of cowering

There was not, and will never be, cowering of any sort. Kull is not afraid to face Hextor's judgement in the next life. Can Mr Sleep On The Job say the same thing? :p

(that's foreshadowing, that is)

EDIT: One thing I should note is that Mantreus is correct that there was little actual directing (except in Kull's mind :) ) the group pretty much handle themselves, most of the time. There are events coming up, however, where Kull's personal vision of himself as leader is actually pretty close to what really happened.

Now where the heck is Zalich's POV? Or is arwink waiting to hear who the other unconscious person really was before posting?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads