In Hextor's Name (Completed 22 Oct 2004)

Capellan

Explorer
Yep, the end of the campaign (for at least the forseeable future) and the end of Kull's writings. Maybe we'll hear something from Gnorric, but I doubt it.

If anyone has any questions about the game, though, they should go ahead and ask :)

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
After burning down a bookstore full of Hextorian religious tracts and being arrested, one of my player's characters was treated to the book-loving Hextorian investigator bemoaning the loss of "one of the few remaining original copies of Bishop-General Kull's correspondences" in the same way a real-world book lover might bemoan the loss of a Dickens manuscript. Good fun, and a good read. Thanks, Capellan.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
<applause>

Thank you for a very entertaining read. This was one my most favoritest story hours.

And hey, good luck in your travels! I have a feeling your gaming needs will be well-satisfied.

-z

Capellan

Explorer
Thanks for the kind words, guys :)

For everyone's info, I will be compiling a collection of all of Kull's reports and posting them to the ENworld downloads section when I get back to Brisbane -- probably about 3 or 4 days before Xmas.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Capellan said:
Thanks for the kind words, guys :)

For everyone's info, I will be compiling a collection of all of Kull's reports and posting them to the ENworld downloads section when I get back to Brisbane -- probably about 3 or 4 days before Xmas.

That would be great. I have a friend that I beam the good story hours to. This will surely be one of them. As long as the Palm Acrobat reader translates it well.

GW

Tony Vargas

Legend
I almost didn't get to read this SH - I kept assuming it was an 'evils' campaign - but, I figured I'd check it out when I saw it was wrapping up. Glad I did. Great character, great story!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Thanks for a fantastic ride throughout!

Would you be so kind as to fill us in on the final levels of the characters? And I love that, in true style, the final battle is barely mentioned in your report. Classic.

Hope to be hearing more from you and the group!

Capellan

Explorer
Kull was a Cleric 11 / Ironfist 3 ... though if we ever resume the campaign, he'll get re-worked. Probably to Cleric 11/Half-Orc Paragon 3.

Dargrim (cohort) was a Fighter 6 / Rogue 3 / Dwarven Defender 3.

Ulfgar was a Cleric 9 / Fighter 4, IIRC.

Gnorric was a Wizard 7 / Cleric 3 / Mystic Theurge 3. Though you probably had no idea about he was anything but a necromancer, based on Kull's account :)

Jav (cohort) was a Rogue 1 / Monk 4 / Grey Messenger 6. The Grey Messenger was basically a religious, non-evil assassin with divine spellcasting instead of arcane.

Before the final battle, I had every intentionn of writing it up in detail. It was just that, when we finally did it, it was over pretty quickly. The DM opted to go for a younger age category than we had expected, and then he made the mistake of fighting us in melee. End result: dead dragon, and PCs who were bitterly disappointed that you can only use animate dead on creatures of up to 20 Hit Dice.

Die rolls were also a factor in determining how the battle got written up. Kull didn't have much luck with the dice until he landed the killing blow ... Ulfgar actually did most of the damage, and Kull wasn't going to spend much time celebrating the dwarf's achievements, now was he? :)

Remove ads