• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Inactive) Psion's Return to the Tomb of Horrors (OOC)

Fenris2

First Post
Okay, almost done with PC. Looks like I got bumped up from alt purgatory.

Some OOC FYI th PC is:

Garrel Kalumar - Goliath Rogue 1/Cleric 4/Shadow Bane Stalker(Comp Adv) 6, Divine Oracle 2(Com Div)

This will fill the "needs a thief" role as well as can always "use another cleric" role. Goliaths are dwarf friendly so BG wise that can if the orignals want to work in some back story.

Welcome, Fenris2. I went to dig up Garrel's background to see how he and Peja might know one another, but didn't see anything to help me out in the RG. Do you have a post kicking around somewhere with his background, and, if so, could you please point me to it?

Psion, from your description of the various quarters of Bluffside, it seems like Peja would probably have at least a passing familiarity with the following quarters: the temple district(that's where he probably lives and/or works), the mining district (he'd probably have made trips back and forth to the mining area fairly regularly to try to cut deals on raw ore for his clan and/or on behalf of his temple), the New City (as one of Bluffside's mercantile districts, Peja would have been in and out of this area a lot), and possibly the Undercity (I noticed in your description that it said something about shady markets--he might know of these but not have been a frequent customer--and the dwarven halls).

I figure that Peja would probably know next to nothing of the wizards' district.

Could you clue me in a bit more about these dwarven halls underneath Bluffside, please? When you've time. A second holiday weekend is coming up and I don't expect to see a whole lot of this place between now and Tuesday. :)

Fenris2

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
Welcome, Fenris2. I went to dig up Garrel's background to see how he and Peja might know one another, but didn't see anything to help me out in the RG. Do you have a post kicking around somewhere with his background, and, if so, could you please point me to it?

I will hopefully start fleshign soem things out after the staty stuff is done and have to read RG backgrounds - so feel free to make suggestions. That RG is old having been done to start him as a sacred fist in any event. ;-)

Psion

Adventurer
CanadienneBacon said:
Could you clue me in a bit more about these dwarven halls underneath Bluffside, please? When you've time. A second holiday weekend is coming up and I don't expect to see a whole lot of this place between now and Tuesday. :)

[sblock=The Dwarven Halls]
The Dwarven Halls were constructed shortly after the Military District to house dwarves that had come to mine and help build the city. Now, situated east of the Coach & Six Market, it has become home to not only dwarves but gnomes and occasional halflings as well. Its underground streets are too low for the average human or elf to negotiate easily.

The Halls has its own society, with its own customs, shops and businesses, all offering a 10% discount on items to its own residents. The dwarven artistry that went into the walls and layout is exquisite with carvings showing dwarven heroic tales on every available
space. The streets are laid out around a central plaza. A fountain was recently added. Bars surround the plaza, with shops west, the Coach & Six Market south, and residences to the north and east. The avenue leading east terminates in the Skills Quarter.
[/sblock]

The major temple of the dwarven halls is that of the Earth lord, the Gentle Miner, known to Dwarves as Quesarit (to humans as Zandaron, to gnomes as Ameleon). Bluffside is a leading city in the acceptance of syncretism, the idea that similar deities among different races and cultures are actually the same.

Among the temple of the miner, the eldest priest, Mercin Farseer, accepts worship by other races that live in the Undercity. Other priests (especially senior priestess Potaria Renson) are none to accepting of other races.

In the temple district, however, this syncretism shows the other side. The high priest of the temple of the Fire god is a dwarf and leads sermons to other races.

Whether you wish to have a shrine of temple you are attached to in the temple district or whether you wish to be an itinerant priest is up to you.

Fenris2

First Post
Psion said:
Should, if you concentrate enough ranks in Disable Device and Search.

Did, okay he is done rule wise..

BG wise probably originally from a Goliath tribe in the mountains around Bluffside, but has lived most iof his life caught up in adventure in and around the area.

Frequents dwarvish areas, the temple district and probably especially Dine Divine when nothing is happening

From there whatever we all want.

Feel free to look him over all and see if there are any last minute suggestions

Oh yeah, Psion if ya have a pix, mucho appreciated...

Fenris2, do you think perhaps Garrel would be a trade contact of Peja's? From the mining district? They could have conducted mutually beneficial business for their clans on a regular basis. Or perhaps they are well aquainted with one another if Garrel frequents the dwarven halls under the city. Given the low height of the hall tunnels as described, I'm not really sure how exactly a goliath would fit under there, but I s'pose anything's possible. Peja likes his ale overmuch, so any tavern in Bluffside would do as well.

Psion, thanks for the info. I like the multifacted nature of the gods. I do that in my own homebrew. Plus, it's a laid back way of looking at things, which fits how I envision Peja...the sort who stumbles along, never one to worry, happy, relaxed (and prone to error often, but hey no one's perfect, right?). Peja would be attached to a shrine of Delundar within the temple quarter, but he probably won't be spending much time there. He'd be likely to keep personal effects there for safekeeping but would oft be out on business calls, or drinking. He'd try to eschew priestly duties at the shrine as much as possible. He wouldn't be well regarded by other priests for that reason.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Doorgath doesn't like cities, so he doesn't know much about them. He has visited Bluffside while working with Peja, and he know a little about the dwarven halls.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads