• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Inactive) Psion's Return to the Tomb of Horrors (ORG)

Psion

Adventurer
nonamazing said:
I'm not sure how to do the whole picture thing, Psion. I'd like to use this picture, but I'm not quite sure how to link it in. Could you give me a hand?

[imager]http://users.gmpexpress.net/adkohler/game/Davreya_120.jpg[/imager]
I don't have write access to my web space from here; I'll attach it here for now and upload it when I get home.

EDIT: I got it to work. Quote this post to see the code to get the "imager" code. I'll repost it in the OOC directory.

Last edited:

Hello, all. I'm new here but not so with D&D. I know the wait list is fairly large but I figure I can wait. I'm thinking about the two characters needed to get in and I'm thinking about a pure sorcerer who just happens to take the search skill as much as possible but only after filling up with the concentration skill and also has spent a huge lump on at least one weapon (preferrably a very, very, powerful scythe, seeing as how it would be used after his spells would be used up or useless in a given circumstance and weapons are a good last resort, the scythe specifically due to favouritism). Obviously, a variety of spells would be incorporated into the concept to cover different scenarios but am admittedly intrigued by spells that could be used for purposes not originally intended for but can work very well within the logical boundaries of the game, so I might take a few of them instead of more obvious (or seemingly obvious) choices, if for nothing else but to experiment and perfect the number of uses they could have.

The second concept I have in mind would likely be a meat shield (most likely fighter as I loathe playing barbarians as rage has never grown on me) as I likely would not be able to effectively play any other concept and I wouldn't want myself to simply make a duplicate (more or less, ex. pure wizard) of the first concept as that is far too easy and I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

My posting schedule would be to be most evenings and weekends as well as possibly on lunch breaks at school (not absolutely definite on this as some sorts of gaming sites get blocked at school where others are not). Your minimum of 3 posts a week should not be any sort of a problem.

As for character generation, where am I to put the links to the sheets so they are ready for your approval and others looking? Also, as for character portraits, is there any specific style of a picture (generally looking like my character if I can so happen to find a close enough match, customized, etc.) that you would want? I tried to answer the latter question but the amount of posts, even with 4 pages, gave me a headache when I went looking for specifics.

I'm not sure but I think that is all for now until I finish my sheets and whatnot. Thank you for your time!

Edit: Actually, for the sorcerer's spells, I am very fond of AC buffers as well so I might put a fair number of those in there as well, hopefully not at the expense of too much versatility in my spell selection.

Last edited:

Alrighty and thank ya kindly. I now have both characters nearly ready (although both of my concepts didn't turn out like I predicted but am far happier with what I have now anyway) but I do have one last question. Exactly how descriptive of a background should I have for my characters? A paragraph or so is unusual territory for me as I usually write far more but it does indeed take me a while so all in all, what are the key points I have to hit? Besides that, should anyone be able to note errors I was oblivious to, the following links are for your perusal.

http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=7304

Sorcerer's HP (13d4+46=80)

Note that the history contains two rolls for HP. The second was purely unintentional as I refreshed the page so that my dial-up had something to do because if it is left alone too long without a page actively running something, it automatically shuts off.

http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=7314

Monk's HP (13d8+36=94)

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Slave of the Scythe said:
Alrighty and thank ya kindly. I now have both characters nearly ready (although both of my concepts didn't turn out like I predicted but am far happier with what I have now anyway) but I do have one last question. Exactly how descriptive of a background should I have for my characters? A paragraph or so is unusual territory for me as I usually write far more but it does indeed take me a while so all in all, what are the key points I have to hit?

A paragraph or two is fine. To be honest, I probably won't read more than that. :) Just enough to get a vibe about your character across.

MASSIVE EDIT: Y'know what? I'm getting sick of my constant forgetting to finish my other character in the correct format and the fact that I rarely check to see how things are progressing for this particular game anyway (to see if I'm getting closer to being in or not), so I'm just going to drop out of this one. Also, it's not like you don't already have a full roster of ALTs already. Oh well.....................

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
SolosAddie, if you are still around, we've had a spot open up and you are next on the list. It might be a week or two before we can get you involved, but if you could get your character up in the RG thread and get a picture, we can get you rolling.

Psion

Adventurer
SolosAddie last call. I need you to respond to me by tomorrow, or I will have to drop you down on the list and go to the next person.

Psion

Adventurer
SolosAddie, I dropped you on the waitlist

rino, you are next on the alternate list. Please reply to let me know if you are interested in playing.

Remove ads