• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Info on upcoming S&SS/Scarred Lands Releases!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
However it works out, I'm very much looking forward to seeing a SLCS: Asherak. Mainly cause I want them Exemplars! ;) Well that and to see the layout of the holy city of Hentau(sp). Whose with me?!

Btw there's still two more landmasses left. Fenrilik and the Dragon Isles. I'd certainly like ONE if not both to be HCs. Gazs are nice, but HCs are nicer. :)

Harlock

First Post
I'd dig a Gazzetteer simply because I feel the Gaz is something I toss my players without giving too detailed of information that could be used Meta-game later on. I am fairly fortunate in that most of my players have very little in the way of Scarred Lands boks which makes so much of my job as DM easier to keep it fresh and exciting. I know eventually my players will get as into it as me and start picking some stuff up, but thems the breaks. For now, I am off easy on DM duties because the intrigue is automatic.

Nightfall

Har,

My advice is just make a short 5 page bulleted list of stuff that is of revelance to them. Not much just maybe the races, magics and other stuff.

Harlock

First Post
Nightfall said:
Har,

My advice is just make a short 5 page bulleted list of stuff that is of revelance to them. Not much just maybe the races, magics and other stuff.

Yeah, I already have a location .doc on my web page for those that didn't read the Gazetteers yet but man, Nightfall, that's work! ;)

Holy Bovine

First Post
Harlock said:
I'd dig a Gazzetteer simply because I feel the Gaz is something I toss my players without giving too detailed of information that could be used Meta-game later on. I am fairly fortunate in that most of my players have very little in the way of Scarred Lands boks which makes so much of my job as DM easier to keep it fresh and exciting. I know eventually my players will get as into it as me and start picking some stuff up, but thems the breaks. For now, I am off easy on DM duties because the intrigue is automatic.

That is pretty much exactly how I use the Gazs I have now. They give a nice general overview of the world and cut down on the time I had to spend explaining the gods/titans and the War. Even the Termana one will comein handy as my one campaign isa going to end up there eventually - the Termana gaz will be even more useful just because of the layout - having it as a 'travel log' of an adventurer will makje it very easy to use ingame. Its almost designed to be a player handout really.

Trickstergod

First Post
Now that I'm thinking about it, while from an outside perspective, the Termana Gazetteer may not have had the "oomph" of Ghelspad, it was a much better read. I almost universally hate iconic characters, but, and, again, this is my bias showing through, Diago was delightful to no end. His narration made the supplement.

In regards to the Dragon Isles...eh...the less about them, the less details about them, the better. It comes off too much like Dragonlance, and to a degree, Forgotten Realms - it's elves, but the Isle of Evermeet has a similar ring to it (the Eternal Isle doesn't count as an Evermeet clone, by the by, in my mind - Evermeet's not effectively cut off from the world, fighting a desparate war against demonic hordes who, if they succeed, will require the very intervention of the gods to cut off, in all likelihood). Asherak, Termana, Fenrilik...good. Dragon Isles...eh. Floofy.

Sanackranib

First Post
Nightfall, I agree the hard covers are better. though I have to give the Ghelspad Gaz good mards for its Map. **note- those would have been supurb had said map actually shown the provincial boundries of Darakeene**

for the Dragon Isles I would love to see reptillians as the Dominate life,
not just dragons but Aasthi and lizard folk. the adventure hooks are boundless . . .

Nightfall

Firstly, my bad. It's not Dragon Isles, as Dragon LANDS. (They are an archipelago.) Second, I agree with San, that I would like to see more than just some humaniods, but more repilitan creatures there.

Btw Trick, where would you put them in any case? I mean come on. Not like you can find a dragon on Ghelspad, Termana or Asherak THAT easily.

Gez

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
I'm sure Creature Collection 3 will be great. The cover looks really good - I can't wait until they send me my authors copy. :p

Hello Krusty and Nighty,

I'm just echoing this, totally my thoughts! :p

Remove ads