• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Info on upcoming S&SS/Scarred Lands Releases!

eryndel

Explorer
Nightfall said:
So what you put them there instead of their own lands?

Well, if I had my way (which I rarely do), Dragons would exist as powerful but rare entities throughout the Scarred Lands. At one time, they might was supreme as can be witnessed in the Histories of Termana and Ghelspad, but their time has waned. For me, Dragons opted out of the divine war, and for that they were marginalized. Dragons were likely not able to keep quiet and hide on the sidelines, and were often targeted by both sides for potential allies, and when they chose to stay out of it they were destroyed and their power and lore taken from them. As we've seen time and time again, the Divine War wasn't something any wise creature would try to stay out of.

The Dragons of today would be sad remnants of what once was. A few may be hiding on Ghelspad (where much of the fighting took place). More might be on Termana, especially with the previous influence they had there. As for Asherak, we'll see...

But an archipelago where all the dragons hang out... I'd rather not.

With the usual YMMV.

Werner Hager

Last edited:

Trickstergod

First Post
Thank you, Eryndel, for providing the answer I'd not patience enough to go through step by step.

And, as an aside, dragon's already have their little home on the Eternal Isle, which I'm fine with. I'd actually taken that to be the Dragon Isle referenced in the Ghelspad book (my copies unfortunately being borrowed at the moment, but I do recall it actually being called an island in there).

Harlock

First Post
Gez said:
Hello Krusty and Nighty,

I'm just echoing this, totally my thoughts! :p

Really? Dang, I guess I am odd man out there then. I thought the cover sucked. I generaly dislike the leopard look as a rule, so it's surely just me. Anyway, I don't buy books for the covers and if I did, surely that Midnight monster books with that sweet cover would be on the top of the list.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Werner,

Appreciate your thoughts...even if I slightly disagree with them. (Sure I'd put a few dragons on Termana and Asherak...but not as many as I would in the Dragon Lands. But that's just me.)

Trick,
Yes well my bad. There was some mention about this like almost a year ago when discussing SL geography.

Har,

Well to each his own. I just hope my entry is nicely illustrated. :)

Nightfall

Was hoping someone else noticed...but WW catalog is now updated. So now you can pre-order from them SLCS: Termana and PG: Clerics and Druids.

Fevil

First Post
I'm pretty much in two minds about the whole Dragon issue. While it may be cool to have a piece of Scarn ruled by Dragons, I dont want to see a supplement akin to The Council of Dragons, that would just suck IMO.
As for the Gaz's and HC's, a Gaz I can give to my players, a HC I can't. So my vote is for the release of a Gaz I can tease my players with and when they rush over to that continent before the HC is released I can curse my stupidity. :D

Nightfall

Fev,

Well maybe I can give them stick figures to play with so they won't notice. ;)

I hope it won't be like that. I'd prefer something akin more to Dragonstar...only less technology involved.

The Cardinal

First Post
not Dragonstar: Midnight!

- make it a group of islands ruled by a really dark and evil tyranny of dragons: 1 dragon overlord per island, 1 dragon überlord to rule them all ;)

Remove ads