Insight's Agents of Artemis (M&M2E): OOC Thread

Walking Dad

First Post
Room for one more?

I would like to play either a golem-like creature from the Jewish mythology or a very faithful channeler who has 4 different power-sets based on the symbols of the four evangelists (Angel, Eagle, Lion, Bull).

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock]Second draft

STR 12 DEX 14 CON 16 INT 12 WIS 12 CHA 12 (18 pp)

Saves: FORT 8 (+11) WILL 8 (+9) REF 8 (+10) (24 pp)

Attack +2 Defence +8 (20 pp)

Skills (9 pp)
Knowledge (Theology) 8 (+9) Notice 6 (+7) Concentration 5 (+5) Intimidate 4 (+5) Sense Motive 4 (+5) Diplomacy 5 (+5), Bluff 4 (+5)

Feats (14 pp)
Attack Focus: Melee 6, Blind Fight, Connected, Skill Mastery (Concentration, Diplomacy, Notice, Knowledge: Theology), Evasion 2, Fearless, Benefit: Status, Improved Initiative

Powers (29+8=37)

Main: Blast 8 (Perception)
Alt: Light Control 10 (Independent, Slow Fade 4)
Alt: Healing 8 (Resurrection)
Alt: Dazzle 6 (All senses)
Alt: Strike 8 (Penetration, Affect Incorporeal)
Alt: Alternate Form 10 (Flaw: Action: Full Round, Independent, Slow Fade 4)
{Impervious Toughness 3, Impervious Protection 5, Flight 4, Immunity 11: Life support, critical hits, Regeneration 18 : Bruised 3, Injured 6, Unconscious 3, Staggered 6}

Universal translator power: Able to understand and speak all languages (8 pp)

Drawback: -2 (Has to live by code of honour)
[/sblock]

Looks OK mechanically. We still need to work out how the "code of honor" limits the character.

Insight

Adventurer
A few notes:

1. All powers must have one of the following power sources: Divine, Psionic, Shadow, and Sorcery. Powers can have other descriptors, but each power your character possesses MUST have one of those at a minimum.

2. As I go through each submission, I'm collecting the character's name and basic descriptions in the very first post of this thread. I'll list them there and also reply to your post if I have any additional comments.

3. For now, I'm skipping the submissions listed as "in progress" or "first pass", etc. Let me know when your submission is ready for me to review.

IMPORTANT: There is no solid "start date" for this game. We'll get started when the characters are ready. I'd like to start it before Thanksgiving week (US), if possible. That gives us about two weeks, but I won't cry if it slips into December. M&M can be a game where it takes a while to get the characters made.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock]Placeholder Post for Warren A. Seaver, Jr.
ID No.: 6081744
DOB: 11/19/1996

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 120 pp
Hero Points: 1

ABILITIES: 18pp
Strength: 10[18] (+4)
Dexexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 14[22] (+6)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 12[16] (+3)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

SAVING THROWS: 2pp
Toughness: +8 = Equipment 2 +6 Con
Fortitude: +8 = BASE 2 + 6 Con
Reflexes: +4 = BASE 3 + 1 Dex
Will: +4 = BASE 1 + 3 WILL

COMBAT: 22pp
Damage Bonus: + 4 (unarmed)
Base Attack: +6 (+6 melee, +6 ranged)
Defense: +7 (5 +2 dodge)
Initiative: +5

SKILLS: 84 ranks (21 pp)
Acrobatics 8
Climb 8
Computers 12
Craft: Chemical 8
Craft: Electronic 8
Craft: Mechanical 8
Disbale Device 12
Knowledge: Physical Sciences 8
Notice 12

FEATS: (13 pp)
All-Out Attack
Blind Fight
Diehard
Dodge Focus 2
Endurance
Equipment 3
Improved Initiative 1
Inventor
Power Attack
Rage 1

POWERS: (40 pp)
Device 4 [12 pp] (The Dragon, easy to lose)
The Dragon (4 ranks)
- Blast 7 (Accurate, Extended Range) [Fire]
- Strike 3 (Mighty)
Enhanced Strength 8 [8pp]
Enhanced Constitution 8 [8pp]
Enhanced Wisdom 4 [4pp]
Leaping 1 [1 pp]
Regeneration 2 [1pp]
- Recovery Rate: Injured 1
- Recovery Rate: Disabled 1
- Source: Moonlight
Super Senses 5 [5 pp] (The Nose Knows, Shadow Resonance)
The Nose Knows (2 ranks)
- Acute Scent
- Tracking
Shadow Resonance (3 ranks)
- Detect Shadow
- Enhance Range
Super Strength 1

EQUIPMENT: 15/15 ep
Undercover Shirt (3 ep)
Knife (3 ep)
Heavy Pistol (9 ep)

DRAWBACKS: None
COMPLICATIONS: Shadow-tainted, hated by animals

TRADE OFFS: None

COST SUMMERY:
Abilities 18 pp + Skills (48 Ranks) 21 pp + Feats 13 pp + Powers 40 pp + Combat 22pp + Saves 6pp – Drawbacks 0 = 120 pp[/sblock]

[sblock=A conversation]
DECEMBER 19TH, 2012
BLEAKSTONE ACADEMY – SAMUEL MIDLAND'S OFFICE

How the hell did this happen?
You saw my report. The lyc made us before we entered the building, it broke for cover. Kid was just in the wrong place.
That’s not what I meant, and you know it. What were you doing taking a fifteen year-old student with you into a confrontation?
Sixteen. His birthday was last month.
Dammit, Roberts.
It wasn’t supposed to be a firefight. Just recon. His name came up in the rotation. The students can’t learn if they don’t observe.
They can’t learn if they’re dead either. You’ve seen his file, he’s not tagged for field work. We keep him around for his mind. Hell, he barely even passed P.E. this year.
He volunteered. In case you hadn’t noticed, the shadow is everywhere out there these days. I’m not gonna turn down a kid based on a piece of paper. We need every one. But you gotta face it; we’re going to lose some of them. We were lucky this time.
You still think he’s going to make it then?
The injuries are all gone. And we’ve had every doctor, medicine man and faith healer we could wrangle looking at him. He seems fine.
Fine? He’s still. . . still . . . Have you seen his eyes?
. . . yeah.
So what do we tell him?
That’s he’s fine. That there’s no reason to worry. That he won’t finish the change.
And you think he’ll believe that?
For all we know, it’s the truth.
And what happens if it’s not?
Then we do what we have to. We do what we’re trained for.
Yeah. Now I have to call his parents and try and explain this during the middle of the Apocalypse. That’s just what I needed on top of everything else. Is there ANY good news?
Well, I don’t think you have to worry about him passing P.E. next year.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

A few things.

1. It looks like you spent 6pp on Saving Throws, not 2pp.
2. The Regeneration is 1pp/rank and you have 2 ranks, so it costs 2pp, not 1pp.
3. That gives you 41pp spent on powers, so you'll need to trim somewhere (most obvious place would be to move something from one of your Enhanced Traits to standard traits).
4. You need to list your power sources (seems like Shadow, but we need to make sure).
5. "The Conversation" is pretty cool.

hafrogman

Adventurer
A few things.

1. It looks like you spent 6pp on Saving Throws, not 2pp.
2. The Regeneration is 1pp/rank and you have 2 ranks, so it costs 2pp, not 1pp.
3. That gives you 41pp spent on powers, so you'll need to trim somewhere (most obvious place would be to move something from one of your Enhanced Traits to standard traits).
4. You need to list your power sources (seems like Shadow, but we need to make sure).
5. "The Conversation" is pretty cool.

1. Ah yes, I did. It's correct down at the summary, and adds up correctly still with 6.
2. Yeah, source: moonlight isn't a power source in this case, it's a -1 flaw. I.e. the regen only works outside at night. So, in MM math, 1-1 = 2:1, yes?
3. That should still leave me at 40 now. I honestly should move some of the points out of enhanced traits anyways, but I like the idea that he was a physical nobody before the infection.
4. Will do.
5. Thanks. I'll try and expand on history and background stuff, but that's his origin story at least. :)

drothgery

First Post
A few notes:

1. All powers must have one of the following power sources: Divine, Psionic, Shadow, and Sorcery. Powers can have other descriptors, but each power your character possesses MUST have one of those at a minimum.

So no powers resulting purely from training or technology, then (Kristin's power array right now is a Device array, where the device is a pair of highly customized pistols and custom-made ammunition)?

In that case ... is it possible to get better-than-list Equipment? If so, I can try to rebuild her gunplay purely with feats and equipment.

Or would it be better to rework Kristin with a touch of the supernatural (most likely she thinks her special ammo is just chemistry, and her reflexes are just training, but it's not)?

Padreigh

First Post
All my powers are divine, with "Light" as an additional descriptor if applicable.

The code of honour ... I was thinking of taking this classic oath:

I do profess and promise chastity, giving up all property, and obedience to God and the Blessed Virgin Mary and to you, Master of the Order, and to your successors, according to the Rules and Regulations of the Order. And I will be obedient to you, and to your successors, even unto death.

plus

I do profess and promise to be reverent and generous, a shield of the weak, foremost in battle against the Serpent and its minions, courteous at all times and a champion of what is right and good.

Should that oath be broken, power loss would happen depending on the severity of the breach.

Background: If that is not too weird, I was thinking about the following.
When the Revelation happened, the Catholic Church decided to clandestinely re-arm their knightly orders (the Knights of St John and the Knights Teutonic). They are sworn in to protect mankind, regardless of creed or race, since it is now "Mankind vs Satan", as far as the pope is concerned. They keep it hushed up and the knights are officially "just" running hospitals etc. But behind that facade, the crusader knights of old are back ...
My character is a newly knighted member of one of the orders, send to the academy to learn what he can. Officially he is studying theology with a grant from the church and he'll stick to that story.

Insight

Adventurer
So no powers resulting purely from training or technology, then (Kristin's power array right now is a Device array, where the device is a pair of highly customized pistols and custom-made ammunition)?

In that case ... is it possible to get better-than-list Equipment? If so, I can try to rebuild her gunplay purely with feats and equipment.

Or would it be better to rework Kristin with a touch of the supernatural (most likely she thinks her special ammo is just chemistry, and her reflexes are just training, but it's not)?

If it is JUST equipment/devices, then, it's fine. Although I could certainly see devices with some of those descriptors. Training should be handled through skills/feats/innate traits such as ability scores, attack bonus, defense bonus and so forth. I'm not of the opinion that it would be easy to turn off (ie nullify) training, so I don't think training should be a power source (in this game, anyway).

I dunno. Maybe it would depend on the character concept. I think what I would prefer, in your case, is that you have a power that "boosts" (adds to the effectiveness of) equipment or devices.

drothgery

First Post
If it is JUST equipment/devices, then, it's fine. Although I could certainly see devices with some of those descriptors. Training should be handled through skills/feats/innate traits such as ability scores, attack bonus, defense bonus and so forth. I'm not of the opinion that it would be easy to turn off (ie nullify) training, so I don't think training should be a power source (in this game, anyway).

I dunno. Maybe it would depend on the character concept. I think what I would prefer, in your case, is that you have a power that "boosts" (adds to the effectiveness of) equipment or devices.

Hmm... I'm not exactly sure how I'd cost it, but I'm thinking two "boosting" powers or power arrays.

1 - sorcery-derived (alchemy which Kristin doesn't believe in) - lets her do extra damage, break defenses, switch descriptors on attacks

2 - psionic-derived (concentration methods) - lets her effectively autofire with non-autofire weapons, do trick shots, improve accuracy

Insight

Adventurer
All my powers are divine, with "Light" as an additional descriptor if applicable.

The code of honour ... I was thinking of taking this classic oath:

I do profess and promise chastity, giving up all property, and obedience to God and the Blessed Virgin Mary and to you, Master of the Order, and to your successors, according to the Rules and Regulations of the Order. And I will be obedient to you, and to your successors, even unto death.

plus

I do profess and promise to be reverent and generous, a shield of the weak, foremost in battle against the Serpent and its minions, courteous at all times and a champion of what is right and good.

Should that oath be broken, power loss would happen depending on the severity of the breach.

Background: If that is not too weird, I was thinking about the following.
When the Revelation happened, the Catholic Church decided to clandestinely re-arm their knightly orders (the Knights of St John and the Knights Teutonic). They are sworn in to protect mankind, regardless of creed or race, since it is now "Mankind vs Satan", as far as the pope is concerned. They keep it hushed up and the knights are officially "just" running hospitals etc. But behind that facade, the crusader knights of old are back ...
My character is a newly knighted member of one of the orders, send to the academy to learn what he can. Officially he is studying theology with a grant from the church and he'll stick to that story.

A lot of whether this is a Drawback or a Complication is going to depend on the tone and content of the game. I am leaning towards more of an adult themed game, as opposed to the normal "4-color" approach. In this case, I think this could be a Drawback.

Of course, running an "adult themed game" while staying within the parameters of the EN World rules is going to be somewhat of a challenge and I definitely do NOT want to turn off any players based on the game's tone and content.

[sblock=Padreigh]I like the idea of involving the Catholic Church, because of their historical ties not only to Knights Templar and the Inquisition, but also to witch hunting and the Hexenhammer. I think it might be kinda cool to either have your character be a member of a new Knights Templar (which would totally make sense given recent events) or a witch hunter.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads