• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's Secret Wars OOC Thread

Thanee

First Post
Is anyone here a photo-shop (or similar) wizard and can change the attached pic for me? Skin grey-white and eyes and red costume stuff lime.

If possible erasing the red "x" part below the arms to let it look more like a V.

Like this?

thevisitor.jpg

Bye
Thanee

Jemal

Adventurer
First draft of inertia just to give an idea of what she's like. Stuff will likely change. Such as freeing up some points for more skills.
[sblock=ooc]
Inertia PL 10
Female

Abilities: (28)
STR 1(4)
STA 2(6)
DEX 0
AGI 2(6)
FGT 4
INT 2
AWE 2
PRE 1

Offenses:
Initiative: 14 (6 agi + 8 Improved Init)
Melee Attack: 6 (4 fgt + 2 Feat)
Ranged Attack: 0 (0 dex)
Specific Attacks:
Slam: +8 atk, effect 12. Inertia builds up speed and slams through opponents/objects. (60' contiguous shapeable line). If an object/character succeeds the Toughness save, Inertia is affected by the attack (Taking dmg 12 save).

Defenses:
Dodge: 8 (2 base + 6 agi)
Parry: 8 (4 base + 4 fgt)
Toughness: +12 (6 sta + 6 Protection)
Fort +12 (6 base + 6 sta)
Will +8 (6 base + 2 awe)

Skills: (16 ranks= 8 pp)
Acrobatics +16 (10 ranks + 6 agi)
Expertise: Science +4 (2 ranks + 2 Int)
Perception +4 (2 ranks + 2 awe)
Technology +4 (2 ranks + 2 int)

Advantages: 11
Agile Feint, Close Attack 2, Great Endurance, Interpose, Luck 4, Teamwork, Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 85pp
Super Speed: Speed 8, Quickness 4, Leaping 4, Improved Initiative 2 - 18pp
Feature: Inertial Dampener - 1pp
Enhanced Traits: Str+3, Sta+4, Agi+4 - 22 pp
Immunity: Entrapment(5), Forced Movement*Reflect*(5) - 15pp
Movement: Safe Fall, Sure Footed 2. - 6pp
Inertial Slam: Damage 8 (Str Based), Penetrating 8, Area: Shapeable 2(60ft), Accurate, Limited: Move with attack using Speed (-8), Side Effect: If any target successfully resists, Inertia takes damage(-8) - 17pp
Protection 6 - 6pp

Complications: *Required 2*
Tradeoffs:
COST: 28 Abilities + 8 Skills + 11 Advantages + 85 Powers + 18 Combat/Saves = 150/150
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
As I was building Nightengale, I decided his basic theme was: what if someone like Batman had innate powers? So, sneaky and battle-trained, but with more powers and less in the utility belt. With that in mind, the solid sound stuff fell by the wayside. Here's what I came up with.

[SBLOCK=Character Sheet]Nightengale

Real Name Galen Knight
Gender Male
Age 25
Height 6'1"
Weight 200 lbs
Hair Black
Eyes Brown

Power Level 10
Power Points 150

Experience 0
Hero Points 1

Abilities:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Power Points: 38 PP

Offense:
Initiative +4
Ranged attack +10
Close attack +4
Close attack (Damage) +10

Defense:
Dodge 12
Parry 12
Will 6
Fortitude 6
Toughness 8

Power Points: 24 PP

Skills:
Acrobatics +14 (10)
Athletics +13 (10)
Close Combat (Damage) +10 (6)
Perception +5 (4)
Stealth +14 (10)

Power Points: 20 PP

Advantages:
Accurate Attack
All-Out Attack
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 3
Evasion 2
Instant Up
Power Attack
Ranged Attack 7
Takedown 2
Uncanny Dodge
Equipment 1

Power Points: 21 PP

Powers:

Armor-weave Costume (Protection 2) 2 pts [Origin: Invented, Source: Technological]

--Enhanced Voice Array (22 pts) [Origin: Mutation, Source: Magical, Medium: Sonic]--
* Sonic Bellow (Blast 10) 20 pts
* Deafen (Auditory Dazzle 10) 1 pt
* Sub-Harmonic Suggestion (Mind Control 10, Distracting, Instant Recovery) 1 pt
-------------------------

* Flight 5 (Wings--in costume) 5 pts [Origin: Mutation / Invented, Source: Magical / Technological]
* Hand-to-Hand Expertise (Str-based Damage 7) 7 pts [Origin: Training, Source: Biological, Medium: Physical]

--Sound Manipulation Array (11 pts) [Origin: Mutation, Source: Magical, Medium: Sonic]--
* Field of Silence (Auditory Concealment (Aural senses) 2, Affects Others, Increased Range, Attack) 8 pts
* Remote Sounds (Auditory Communication 1, Range 100 ft, Subtle 2) 1 pt
* Counter-Frequency (Nullify Sonics 8) 1 pt
* Warp Incoming Sound (Senses: Hearing: Accurate, Acute, Extended 2 (x100), Ultra-Hearing) 1 pt
----------------------------------------

Power Points: 47 PP

Equipment (5 ep):
(incorporated into costume):
Binoculars, Fire Extinguisher, Flash Goggles, Gas Mask, Rebreather

Complications:
* Identity: Beyond having a secret identity, Galen has to contend with folks trying to figure out his connection to the original Nightingale

* Recognition: Sadly, Galen's rivalry is with an ideal. Namely, his mother, the original Nightengale. No matter how much more powerful he might be, he can't seem to get out of her shadow. She's the Nightengale everyone thinks of first.

Description: Having been training for crime-fighting from a very early age, Galen is in remarkably good shape. He wears a dark suit which provides him modest protection, some gadgety support, and also incorporates collapsible wings designed to catch his powerful sonics to provide him with flight.

Origin:
Gail Knight was an empathetic nurse who loved and was good at her job. When she found a magical amulet called The Sound Stone, however, she did what any good citizen in a world full of super-types would do: she put on fishnets and a mask and fought crime.

As Nightengale, she used an array of sonic abilites from an ear-piercing screech to the more subtle vocal modulation that left weaker-willed villains in her hypnotic thrall. She made a solid name for herself, and only retired briefly when she and her husband were expecting their child.

Galen was a perfectly healthy little boy, unaware of his mother's double life, until at the age of ten, in the midst of a temper tantrum, he let loose a concussive sonic shout that tore a hole in the side of the house. It seems in utero exposure to the magical energies of the Sound Stone had given Galen innate abilities of his own.

Gail couldn't keep her secret life secret any longer, and began training Galen to control his powers. Whether due to learning them so young or because his powers were a part of him, Galen even learned some tricks his mother didn't know. He channeled the force of his sonics to gain lift and acceleration, as well as learning several other means by which he could manipulate the ambient sound around him.

Now, his mother enjoying her retirement, Galen adventures as the new Nightengale, but while he's proud to help people with his powers, he is getting a bit tired of always hearing "I thought you were a girl?"

Power Point Summary: Abilities 38 PP + Defense 24 PP + Skills 20 PP + Advantages 21 PP + Powers 47 PP = 150 PP[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Hey guys and gals,

I'm not going to have much of a chance to review your characters until early next week. I am driving to an out-of-state wedding and I won't be back until Sunday night.

A few things I wanted to toss out there:

I'm going to enforce some of the gray-area rules regarding power descriptors. Each of your powers should have one of the following origin descriptors: Alteration (being something you acquired during your lifetime), Innate (something specific to your race, if not human), Magic, Mutation (being something you were born with), or Technology. Anything purchased as a "power" needs to have one of these descriptors. In addition, unless the power is personal, it needs to have an effect descriptor as well. This is usually a damage type (electrical, fire, physical, psionic, and so forth), but it can also apply to other sorts of powers.

We'll use the descriptors in the book. Somehow I missed these! Ignore the above!

ORIGIN: Accidental, Bestowed, Invented, Mutant, Training
SOURCE: Biological, Cosmic, Divine, Extradimensional, Magical, Moral. Psionic, Technological
MEDIUM: This is where you list the energy type, etc.
If all of your powers have the same descriptors, you only need to list them once; if you do not list separate descriptors, it will be assumed that all of your descriptors are the same.

Particularly unusual effect descriptors may incur a flat +1pp cost (depending on rarity).

Your characters have been heroes in the setting for some period of time. Please build them as such. PL 10 is a bit above the average joe sort of hero (most supers would start off as PL 8 in this setting). Forever Freedom (your hero group) has been around for a generation or two (30+ years) and has some notoriety. The other groups know of your group and have neutral to friendly relationships with you.

Finally, in your back stories, feel free to make use of the NPCs I have given you - some of you already have. There is a VERY GOOD chance you will run into them!

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
So, Blitz's powers would be "Mutation" (because she was born with them) unlike her mothers, which would be "Alteration" (as she acquired them during her lifetime), correct?

Effect descriptor is pretty straightforward for me. :)

I will expand on the background later (so far I havn't really written up much of Blitz's background at all... only her power origin).

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads