Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

It takes a moment for Blitz to recover from the energy wave. She slowly gets back to her feet, shaking her head.

“Sounds like we don't have much choice here. At least, this way, we stand a chance. At least we can actually do something, then! Okay, count me in.”

Shayuri

First Post
Echo tried to calculate the probability that this being had the power it claimed...but simply lacked the necessary data to formulate an educated opinion. So she did the only thing she could.

"I agree to your terms."

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic had almost made it behind a tree when the blast hit, but wasn't quite quick enough. As he rose again, he took in the new events, scanning the horizon with wonder. He almost missed the part about the bargain, he was lost so deep in contemplation of the sheer power required to do something like this - If it was a hologram or illusion of some sort, it was one that even his senses could not penetrate.

As Nemesis strode forwards and the villains prepared for war, he took stock of his side. He already knew they would fight to the last to protect their reality and loved ones.

"So be it."

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Galen floundered a moment. Whatever problems he had with his sister, condemning her to an alien prison forever...

No. She made her choices. If she kept making them, and making them poorly, she had to live with the consequences.

"I'm in," he says simply.

Insight

Adventurer
As the members of Forever Freedom agree to the terms put forth by Avatu's sire, a powerful presence looming above the energy ribbon, other heroes and villains agree to the same.

"The Atomic League agrees to your terms... whatever your name is..." says Core, leader of said team. The other three members of the Atomic League nod in agreement.

The Crusaders stand defiantly behind Captain Epsilon, their leader. "As do the Crusaders," says Epsilon, stoically, as he often does. The Crusaders carefully watch the group of villains nearing them.

The Duelist looks around, to the Crusaders and then to Forever Freedom. Omen and Velocity join him. "We agree," the Duelist says, flourishing his rapier.

The Oracle, who had been speaking with his son and Forever Freedom, backs off from the group of heroes. "I do not know with whom you associate me, energy presence! I am my own!"

"YOU MUST CHOOSE A SIDE, MORTAL! OR PERISH WITH THE REST OF YOUR INSIGNIFICANT REALITY."

"I agree to your terms," the Oracle replies. He looks at Omen and then to the villains.

Assault and Battery, a villainous duo, who had been quiet this entire time, look at one another. "We agree, if we get to break some hero skulls," Battery says.

The Maidens of Mayhem, ready to charge and fight the heroes right now, are backed down by Scream, their leader. "The Maidens agree."

Lilith, the demonness, flies above the rest of Turmoil, her villain group. "Turmoil agrees to your terms. We will destroy these foolish heroes in short order!"

The Mask emerges from hiding and approaches the energy ribbon. "The Mask agrees as well," he says.

Tick-Tock, the time controlling villain, steps forward. "As it seems even my powers cannot change the outcome of this event, I have no choice but to agree to these terms."

Finally, Nemesis, likely the most powerful super-being on Earth and possibly this reality, stridently faces down the alien presence. "You offer me the possibility to defeat my enemies and gain great power. What can you offer me that I do not already have?"

"THESE SO-CALLED HEROES HAVE STOOD IN YOUR WAY. YOU ARE NO CONQUEROR. YOU DO NOT RULE THIS REALITY. BUT YOU COULD. DEFEAT THOSE WHO WOULD OPPOSE YOU!"

Nemesis looks at the rest of the assembled supers. "Yes. That is most appealing... I agree to your terms."

Avatu sighs. "It seems I have no choice but to go along with this foolishness. Father, you win. I will play your game."

"THAT IS AS IT SHOULD BE, MY SON. IF YOU WISH TO SAVE THIS NEW HOME OF YOURS, YOU MUST PROVE YOUR WORTH. DESTROY YOUR ENEMIES, AMUSE ME, AND I WILL SAVE THIS REALITY AND GRANT YOU POWER BEYOND YOUR DREAMS!"

The energy ribbon begins to shudder and expand. The void in time and space that appeared earlier, the one that showed the alien landscape upon which this secret war would take place, re-appears.

"BEHOLD! YOUR WAR WILL TAKE PLACE HERE, ON A NAMELESS WORLD AT THE EDGE OF YOUR GALAXY. TIME HERE WILL STAND STILL WHILE YOU DO BATTLE WITH ONE ANOTHER. AMUSE ME OR THIS ENTIRE REALITY WILL BE CONSUMED! DEFEAT YOUR ENEMIES AND YOU WILL BE GRANTED POWER BEYOND EVEN THIS REALITY!"

With that, every assembled super - hero and villain and those in-between - VANISHES...

OOC: This is the end of the Prelude. There will be a new thread for SECRET WARS, Issue #1. Coming soon!

Remove ads