Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Is Nightengale still mentally connected to the others, or did that end with the stunning?

Nightengale shakes his head, coming back to his senses. He stands shakily.

"I don't know how, but we were all ... connected. The whole experience was overwhelming."

Looking around at the heroes and villains who have been knocked back and the thrumming anomaly.

"Apparently things were interesting outside my head while I was out of it, too."

"I would suggest that you do NOT this again, Optic!" D'lyn says frowning and looking around which nearby hero needs the most help.

Those nearest to Forever Freedom (OOC: with the possible exception of Ricochet; pending his Toughness check) are not significantly injured. Omen managed to jump out of the way. The Oracle erected a telekinetic shield, which blocked the blast. Avatu was hit, but is not seemingly injured. Velocity ran behind few rows of trees and was not hit. Further away, the Duelist dodged out of the way.

A little further away, the Crusaders seem to be taking care of their own. Between, Glitter Girl, and Super-Fly are staring at Optic, but say nothing.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc] Well that was the only idea i had other than 'wait for the dm to tell me what happens next'. Tag someone else. [/sblock]
Optic looks around the field. "It would seem at least that I have postponed the brawl by attracting everybody's attention to myself."

He steps forward and raises his voice "You all saw what just happened. Does it seem like a good idea now to fight each other? Any stray blast that hits it, any possible contact, could cause something even more catastrophic to happen. So, who still wants to fight?"

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=20711]hero4hire[/MENTION] - Please make a Toughness save for Ricochet when you get a chance.

The assembled heroes and villains take notice of Optic. They appear to be standing down for the moment.

Captain Epsilon, leader of the Crusaders, approaches Optic. "Let's not have a repeat of that, OK?"

Steelclad, the "armored suit" of the Crusaders, who very nearly took a direct shot from the bounce-back, flies down next to Captain Epsilon. "It wasn't an altogether awful idea," she says. "We just don't have any clue what we're dealing with here!"

Avatu continues to stare at the energy field. "I have an idea. I alone may have an idea."

Walking Dad

First Post

D'lyn floats in the air, looking inpatient at Avatu. He should start to talk already.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic looks to Avatu "Then by all means friend, lets hear it. You quite literally have the worlds attention.."

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“Yeah. Situation is tense enough without you adding to it,” Blitz adds in her agreement.

hero4hire

Explorer
Ricochet HP: 1 Condition: Healthy

Ricochet tried to redirect the errant energy harmlessly away. "Cripes! Watch it Optic! This field has stolen a move from my playbook!"

OOC: Since this was an attack roll I assume my readied Deflect action is still valid?
Effective Defense was a 26 vs the attack. Do I still need to make a Toughness check?

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Ricochet HP: 1 Condition: Healthy

Ricochet tried to redirect the errant energy harmlessly away. "Cripes! Watch it Optic! This field has stolen a move from my playbook!"

OOC: Since this was an attack roll I assume my readied Deflect action is still valid?
Effective Defense was a 26 vs the attack. Do I still need to make a Toughness check?

OOC: Yeah, a 16 is not enough to deflect the attack.

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Nightengale waits worriedly to see what Avatu may have up his sleeve, completely at a loss as to what might be done about the otherworldly energy...

OOC: If there's something else Nightengale should / could be doing, I'll apologize now for now realizing it.

Remove ads