Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Echo looked at Avatu sharply. She couldn't be sure, but after Optic's stunt...

"You're going to enter it? That can't be a good idea. It could absorb you back into itself. You'd be lost forever, and it would still be just as stong...stronger even!"

hero4hire

Explorer
Despite being prepared Ricochet failed to live up to his name as the energy pierced his vaunted reflection field knocking the hero on his butt. He laid there groggy for several moments.
OOC: Gotta love randomness. The only person to take a defensive action, highest defense with a 26 (after adding ten for rolling under ten) and am the only person hit. LOL

Fails by 8 takes a hit and is dazed.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
As Echo speaks, she moves to Ricochet's side and takes hold of his shoulder to help him steady himself.

"That looked bad," she said, "Are you all right?"

Insight

Adventurer
Avatu steps towards the energy ribbon. "I must... know if this is the intelligence that fathered me."

As the alien gets closer to the energy field, Captain Epsilon intervenes. "Avatu, we cannot afford to lose you. We cannot lose such an ally against the forces of evil, especially since many of them are assembled here!"

The alien breaks stride for just a moment. "Captain, I may be the only one who can stop this from destroying our reality." With that, Avatu continues towards the energy field.

Some of the heroes and villains begin to stir. The Atomic League, in particular, edge closer to the energy field. One of them, Halflife, shouts, "He's trying to steal the energy for himself!"

The demonness, Lilith, appears from among a throng of villains. "No! The fool is going to destroy himself! One less of these 'hero' types to contend with! Go, Avatu, destroy yourself."

Avatu only slightly acknowledges Lilith's taunts as he continues towards the energy field.

The rest of the assembled heroes and villains can only watch with bated breath as the alien, Avatu, gets closer and closer to the energy ribbon...

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

Blitz shakes her head at the stupidity of some of the villains. Most of them were downright evil as well.

Not able to contribute much, the young woman stands there, watching Avatu and keeping an eye on the surroundings as best as she can, hoping for the best.

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic stands where he was, his gaze seemingly focused on Avatu and the energy, though in truth he continued to take in everything, watching and waiting should one of the villains make a move while keeping a fraction of his attention - for that's all that is needed with his abilities - on the main event, recording even the slightest changes in energy levels.

Walking Dad

First Post

D'lyn only watches Avatu without interference, giving him one of his most precious gifts: trust.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
As Avatu approaches the energy field, everyone present can feel power growing within the clearing, all centered on the space between the alien and the energy. Avatu continues forward, with nearly everyone present watching... and waiting... with little choice.

"STOP!"

That VOICE... that POWER... it could only have come from the energy field, a previously faceless, nameless, person-less source of otherworldly energy and nothing more.

Avatu stops. He stares at the field. "You cannot stop me, father! I will not allow you to destroy this reality! This is my home now. I will not return to you!" He defiantly strides forward, nearly touching the energy ribbon.

"BEHOLD! POWER YOU CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO FATHOM!"

A wave of coruscating blue and silver energy emanates from the field, covering the entire clearing in less than a second, far quicker than almost any of the gathered supers can react. Only the quickest have a chance to avoid the strange energy (see below). The rest are stunned and fall to their knees (OOC: no damage).

Avatu is the first to rise. "We are not so easily conquered, father!"

As some of the other heroes and villains rise to their feet, Avatu turns to them, but says nothing. His gaze returns to the energy field.

"MY SON! YOU MUST RETURN TO OUR HOME. YOU CANNOT EXIST IN SUCH A PLACE. I WILL CRUSH IT UTTERLY AND YOU WILL BE DESTROYED. THIS IS NOT AN END I WISH FOR MY ONLY SON!"

Avatu raises his clenched fist. "Destroy it, then. We will not be cowed by your power. We are not without our own power. We will do whatever is necessary to stop you."

"YOU CANNOT HOPE TO STOP ME, MY SON. PERHAPS, HOWEVER, YOU CAN PROVIDE ME SOME AMUSEMENT. I AM NOT A MONSTER. IF YOU CAN DEMONSTRATE THAT YOUR REALITY SHOULD NOT BE DESTROYED, YOU SHALL BE SPARED."

Avatu half-turns to look at his allies. "This is not like my father. He never negotiates. Be ready. I am highly suspicious."

The Crusaders, assembled together for the first time since their arrival at the clearing, nod in agreement with their alien friend.

"BEHOLD!" the powerful voice says.

Above the energy ribbon, a rift opens in the air. Beyond the rift, the heroes and villains present can see some sort of alien landscape, a planet of some sort, a broken plain, strange mountains, a pair of red-orange moons, and green clouds hanging in a darkened sky.

"HERE, YOU SHALL BATTLE EACH OTHER FOR MY AMUSEMENT! THE WINNER OF THIS WAR, A SECRET WAR, SHALL HAVE WHATEVER THEIR SIDE DESIRES. THE LOSERS WILL BE IMPRISONED IN MY INEFFABLE DUNGEON, NEVER TO RETURN."

Avatu, a confused look on his face, again turns to the Crusaders. "Such a bargain... I cannot possibly respond without your consent..." He then turns to the rest of the heroes. "All of your consent."

Lilith, the demonness, flies into the air, approaching the energy field. "WE accept! In fact, we will destroy these insufferable heroes right here!"

The Maidens of Mayhem, along with the other villain team, Turmoil, raise their fists and otherwise cheer in agreement with this sentiment.

From the shadows, behind the villains, a curious figure emerges. The heroes and villains recognize this as probably the most powerful super-being in the known universe - NEMESIS.

The villains, seeing Nemesis, part like the Red Sea. Nemesis strides confidently towards the energy field.

"I do not need these worthless allies," Nemesis says. "I will destroy these others on my own. And then, you will grant my wish, otherworldly one."

"NO! THE BARGAIN IS SET. ACCEPT MY TERMS OR BE DESTROYED. YOU HAVE MERE MOMENTS TO AGREE OR EVERYTHING ENDS!"

OOC: If your character has a Quickness of 2 or higher, he or she can get behind cover sufficient enough to prevent the character from being stunned.

Walking Dad

First Post

D'lyn uses all his willpower to stand up straight.

"Not only for this planet, from which most of the assembled beings originate, but for this whole reality, I will risk my own doom to protect it."

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Remove ads