Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

Insight

Adventurer
Avatu watches the proceedings and looks over at the silver energy ribbon. It seems to be pulsating and growing as the impending violence escalates.

"This is all inevitable," he says in a monotone. "Violence may come, but it will not stop this extradimensional power from manifesting itself."

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
As far as I see it, there isn't much any of us can do at the moment..
options.
A: Interact with the singularity and see what happens. it seems like an incredibly stupid idea to do ANYTHING to it without knowing what could happen.
B: Attack the badguys and see what happens. This is potentially just as dangerous and will likely get a lot of people hurt.
C: Wait and see what happens.

For purposes of attempting to advance the plot, I suggest we ignore option C and do something stupid.
Eye blast: Power attack 5, doubt any rolls are needed but if so: Atk +5, DC 30.
[/sblock]

Optic crunches numbers in his head for a few moments, grinding his teeth in frustration as he is unable to come up with anything.

"The time for Theorizing is over, lets find out how it responds when we return its hostility" Optic sets his visor to full power and channels his most powerful blast into the singularity, hoping for the best.

Walking Dad

First Post

D'lyn watches silently if Optic's bold move will have any perceivable effect. If this will be really the end of everything, he isn't going to waste his last moments in a purposeless fight

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: Just wanted to make sure no one's waiting on me. I've been working under the assumption Nightengale is effectively disabled by this mind link stuff.

Insight

Adventurer
Optic crunches numbers in his head for a few moments, grinding his teeth in frustration as he is unable to come up with anything.

"The time for Theorizing is over, lets find out how it responds when we return its hostility" Optic sets his visor to full power and channels his most powerful blast into the singularity, hoping for the best.

Omen lunges towards Optic right before the blast goes off. "WAIT -- "

The blast SINKS into the silvery ribbon of energy. Everyone stops what they're doing to watch as the energy field bows in response to Optic's eye blast...

Velocity runs behind a tree several deep into the forest. The villain Tick-Tock vanishes before the blast resolves.

Time seems to STAND STILL as the energy field starts to REBOUND from Optic's blast...

Optic's blast REFLECTS in a SCINTILLATING ARRAY of energy, blasting back at everyone near the energy ribbon!

OOC: This attacks all of Forever Freedom and most of the heroes and villains present.

The only one among you that is hit is Ricochet. He needs to roll Toughness save against DC 30.

Several other heroes and villains are hit. None are knocked unconscious.

Afterwards, as the assembled heroes and villains recover, the energy field THRUMS with power. It seems to be getting bigger, humming with its extradimensional effect.

Those previously mentally affected have now come to their senses.

OOC: All of those who were stunned before are back to normal.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“That doesn't seem to work well,” Blitz says, while getting back to her feet after jumping the hell out of the way of the incoming backfire.

jkason

First Post
OOC: Is Nightengale still mentally connected to the others, or did that end with the stunning?

Nightengale shakes his head, coming back to his senses. He stands shakily.

"I don't know how, but we were all ... connected. The whole experience was overwhelming."

Looking around at the heroes and villains who have been knocked back and the thrumming anomaly.

"Apparently things were interesting outside my head while I was out of it, too."

Walking Dad

First Post

"I would suggest that you do NOT this again, Optic!" D'lyn says frowning and looking around which nearby hero needs the most help.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"The energy of Optic's attack was multiplied AND redirected to all nearby targets," Echo reports...perhaps unnecessarily. "This phenomenon appears to be very dangerous. We need to gather up the wounded and move them to a safe distance while we try to come up with a plan for dealing with this!"

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Is Nightengale still mentally connected to the others, or did that end with the stunning?

Nightengale shakes his head, coming back to his senses. He stands shakily.

"I don't know how, but we were all ... connected. The whole experience was overwhelming."

Looking around at the heroes and villains who have been knocked back and the thrumming anomaly.

"Apparently things were interesting outside my head while I was out of it, too."

[sblock=Nightengale]Nightengale still feels a residual connection to those to whom he was previously connected. He feels this most strongly to Scream.

Nightengale, not being versed in all things psychic, doesn't really know what this means.[/sblock]

Remove ads