Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Nightengale falls to his knees, hands on his ears, muttering, "Gabby? Gabby, how are you inside my head...?"

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic glances around, quickly taking note of all that is happening and who is being affected by the psychic link.

"Maidens and Atomic League are heading for a fight, and several supers are down. Ricochet, keep them safe. Blitz, Velocity, make sure all the heroes are prepared for something coming through. D'lynn, Echo, let's get ready.. and do either of you have any ideas?"

[sblock=ooc]
Quickness + Eye powers: Anybody else seem affected by the psychic link/impending entrance? I note that all of the ones listed are people gathered near forever freedom's location. [/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“I'm pretty sure, everyone here is prepared for something happening,” Blitz says. “But without knowing what it will be, we cannot do much except wait, I'm afraid, and keep those villains in check.”

Walking Dad

First Post

"I think it was something like a psychic rebound... can you see anything, Optic?" D'lyn asks back. Then he see for himself what Avatu is doing.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Nightengale falls to his knees, hands on his ears, muttering, "Gabby? Gabby, how are you inside my head...?"

[sblock=Nightengale]Through the psychic link, Nightengale sees the disembodied faces of Omen, the Oracle, Prodigy, and Scream. Each face is straining against the pure psychic power being pressed against their minds. Even with the collective psychic ability brought to bear, none present can withstand the PRESENCE... SOMETHING... BEYOND...[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Quickness + Eye powers: Anybody else seem affected by the psychic link/impending entrance? I note that all of the ones listed are people gathered near forever freedom's location. [/sblock]

[sblock=Optic]The only people seemingly affected by the psychic effect are those already stated. Of these, only Omen, the Oracle, and Nightengale are near your team. Prodigy is with the other Crusaders (near their jet) and Scream is with the rest of the Maidens of Mayhem, on the other side of the clearing.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Nightengale gibbers under the influence of the psychic assault. He can't manage much in the way of coherency, but the words "Presence ... Beyond...." are intelligible.

Shayuri

First Post
"I can't be sure what's happening," Echo reports worriedly. "There's nothing like it in any database I can find. I speculate that the anomaly, or the entity behind it, is attacking the minds of psychicly aware individuals present. It may be tryng to control them, or influence them. It may also be that the entity's mind is too powerful for them to endure the presence of as it draws 'closer' to our reality."

Walking Dad

First Post

"There has to be more to it. Nightengale is no psychic. But I was unaffected and my flight abilities are psionic in nature." D'lyn says, still concentrating on what Avatu is doing.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
As the stunned psychic heroes and villain struggle against the might of an otherworldly PRESENCE...

The Maidens of Mayhem prepare for an attack!

Amp stares down Halflife. "Don't think I forgot about Chicago, you irradiated wench!" Electrical energy sparks around Amp's outstretched hands. The villainness transforms into coherent electricity!

In response, Halflife takes to the air. "You earned it, baby!" As power accumulates, Halflife's hands glow a sickly yellow-orange hue. "I'll have no trouble taking you down, AGAIN!"

Epicenter looks over at the stunned Scream, her head reeling in pain. She turns to Meltdown. "YOU are doing this... somehow! You'll pay for hurting her!"

Meltdown steps back and looks around nervously. "Wha -- I don't even have mental powers!"

"It doesn't matter," Epicenter says. "I know you're behind this. You or... the Crusaders! Hey, that kid. He has psychic powers, doesn't he?"

Meltdown briefly flashes at Prodigy, who is also being affected by the psychic overload. Then back to Epicenter. "You've gotta be kidding me! He's down, too!"

"I know you heroes are behind this!" Epicenter points her hands at the ground. "Time for US to get the jump on YOU for a change!"

Entropy and Jade stand together, off to the side, staring down the hero, Core, leader of the Atomic League. In turn, Core watches them -- very carefully!

---

Velocity rushes over to Ricochet and the rest of Forever Freedom. "This isn't good! What are we going to do?" She notices Nightengale down on one knee. "What's wrong with her... I mean, him?"

Remove ads