• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Instance of Wizard healing reported

Sir Brennen

Legend
hazel monday said:
That's the one. Unless I'm mistaken (and my players are cheating) with UMD, any character can already cast healing spells.
Neither instance is the same as having it a core ability of the class.

I guess it is a Necromancy spell that drains some of a creature's (or creatures') life force and gives it to another creature, that is, transfers HP from one to the other.

frankthedm

First Post
Maybe the warlock heals by fire? Like instead of a boaring Fire resist 20 / once a day, Once per day the first 10 points of fire damage dealt to him instead heals a Flamepact warlock. Thus hitting a firepact warlock for 11 fire heals him 9 HP.

Remathilis

Legend
Sir Sebastian Hardin said:
I guess it is a Necromancy spell that drains some of a creature's (or creatures') life force and gives it to another creature, that is, transfers HP from one to the other.

Actually, a kinda of "vampiric touch" type spell that use can direct on others might be a good idea, if thats not what they are referring to...

Deverash

First Post
chitzk0i said:
I'm... not sure what you're refering to. Do you mean that feat from Complete Divine that let you cast spells from a particular domain?

I'm guessing he's refering to the 7th level spell that lets you convert another spell slot into healing energy. Syndweomer or some such.

And Chris Responded to the question. It wasn't a class ability, though he didn't say what it was that did it.

Flobby

Explorer
What's wrong with having wizards that can heal? Makes sense to me. Actually what doesn't make sense is why a wizard do all kinds of amazing things like alter the form living creatures but can't heal a wound...

Dagredhel

Explorer
frankthedm said:
Maybe the warlock heals by fire? Like instead of a boaring Fire resist 20 / once a day, Once per day the first 10 points of fire damage dealt to him instead heals a Flamepact warlock. Thus hitting a firepact warlock for 11 fire heals him 9 HP.

Cool. :cool:

frankthedm said:
Maybe the warlock can be healed by feeding on the souls of fallen foes.

Wicked cool. :cool:

<You'll have to imagine the Boston accent. :p >

Remove ads