Interest check: Do you own/play these systems?

What system would you play/DM here?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I would (and am currently) playing Savage Worlds. I'm not familiar with the others, though I've heard of AFMBE, and I've never seen a single Dr. Who episode.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Supernatural is Cortex, not Cortex Plus. The only Cortex Plus games are Leverage and Smallville (with the fantasy game Dragon Brigade coming next).
Cortex lacks both the drama or heist focus and is a much more 'traditional' game that the Plus variants, who focus more on genre aspects. (BTW, I dislike Smallville, the Plus vaiants are very different in feel to each other.)

I'm barely familiar-enough with Cortex to really be able to tell the differences anyway. ;)

Armageddon, Witchcraft and AFMBE are all Uni-Classic Systems, so the base rules are all the same :) just special rules, like magic, martial arts have other focuses (but are still compatible).
Uni-Cinematic (Ange, Buffy) is a bit different, though.

So, you own more AFMBE than Leverage ;)

Ah, good to know.

Anyways, I'll take Zombies over Heists. ;)

Thanee

First Post
Got (and have played) Savage Worlds and Cortex (non-plus; i.e. Serenity, which was the first Cortex-Game, AFAIK).

Havn't seen Cortex Plus (but it seems to be vastly different) or the others in play (but have heard about them).

Might be, that I have a Unisystem game book... Conspiracy X uses that ruleset, I think, but havn't played this, yet.

Bye
Thanee

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I will mention something here... I may start a recruitment drive in a weak or so for a Savage Worlds Gaslamp Fantasy with pulp western overtones set in the Californias.* I will use some rules from Deadlandsthough owning the players guide will not be necessary.

*Unsure what that means? Think Zorro but with more gunslingers and martial arts running around with magic.

Walking Dad

First Post
I will mention something here... I may start a recruitment drive in a weak or so for a Savage Worlds Gaslamp Fantasy with pulp western overtones set in the Californias.* I will use some rules from Deadlandsthough owning the players guide will not be necessary.

*Unsure what that means? Think Zorro but with more gunslingers and martial arts running around with magic.
I totally want to play in this. Sign me in!

Fenris

Adventurer

Sounds very cool indeed. I would gladly play in that when you post it. Any idea idea which Rancho you will set it in?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Sounds very cool indeed. I would gladly play in that when you post it. Any idea idea which Rancho you will set it in?

I haven't really decided, however I was thinking of setting it in one of the Southern Californian Ranchos, particularly the ranchos in the vicinity of the the Los Angeles Pueblo and San Juan Capistrano. "Historically" the game will be set in 1845, however, since it's in an Alternate Universe, the character can and will effect the outcome of history.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Whoa, Deadlands/weird west, pardner. I've got the books gathering dust in my study, along with another fourhundred others :). I'd love to play any adaptation of it, since I love the setting. That being said, I'll play (allmost) anything.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It's an adaption of the a good portion of the rules (not the setting itself). Pretty much the only things that I will not be using are Fear Levels (Grit alone, is good enough to show off how much more bad-ass wild cards are compared to extras), the Harrowed (not going for western "horror"), and ghost rock (normal weird science is good enough).

Remove ads