• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interest Check, TSR Marvel Super Heroes!

Shayuri

First Post
Force Field isn't a personal defense. It's like a projected wall, by my reading of it. Like a dome or barrier. I'd still need body armor, flavored as a telekinetic force field, to protect myself.

Also, no space is fine with me too. I was a little intimidated actually, because I have some familiarity the Marvel setting on Earth, but virtually no familiarity with it in space. :)

Some space is fine, but ideally we'll have time to learn things in-character.

Shayuri

First Post
The battle book mentions force fields being resistant to damage that body armor is vulnerable to, but it doesn't say force fields are personal that I saw.

And the force field power seems pretty specific about affecting an area.

Believe me, I'd love a personal force field power. It just didn't look like there was such a thing. Did I miss something?

tglassy

Adventurer
I’m gonna have to back out of this one. I wanted to go forward, but it’s a new system, and I’m already learning a new system, and I’m behind on other games because of life, so I really can’t commit to this.

Which stinks, because the last time I backed out that game wound up continuing on and I believe is still going on. Anyway, have fun. Maybe I’ll drop in in a few months to see how y’all are going.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Talliw

Explorer
The battle book mentions force fields being resistant to damage that body armor is vulnerable to, but it doesn't say force fields are personal that I saw.

And the force field power seems pretty specific about affecting an area.

Believe me, I'd love a personal force field power. It just didn't look like there was such a thing. Did I miss something?

The rules state that you can enclose one area at no cost and then have to make a check to extend and maintain it an additional one, two, or three areas. So the force field can be thought of a personal field- a dome or bubble or whatever that can be extended to others.

And I'm asking about RESISTANCE and Body Armor. If you get attacked by an Amazing Cold ray and have Remarkable Resistance to Cold and Good Body Armor. How many hit points do you lose?

Talliw

Explorer
The way I’ve read it, Body Armor protects against physical damage, punches, blunt and sharp weapons, bullets. It shifts to the left for any other type of damage-Energy, elemental etc.

Resistance is like Body armor against one type-fire, cold etc.

Force field protects against all types of damage, but requires concentration to maintain it, and an endurance check if damage exceeds the force field power which causes it to collapse. Force field us superior but requires active participation of the user. Maintaining a force field keeps a character from doing anything else. The other forms of protection are just passive.

Talliw

Explorer
And I'm asking about RESISTANCE and Body Armor. If you get attacked by an Amazing Cold ray and have Remarkable Resistance to Cold and Good Body Armor. How many hit points do you lose?

To use this example you would take 20 points of damage from the cold ray.

If you only had Body Armor you would take 50 points of damage because you would shift columns four to the left since the damage is non physical.

Remove ads