• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interest Check - Way of the Wicked - Golarian

Rodger Dodger

First Post
If we need some melee force I can go Anti-Paladin. My inquisitor was going to be an archer and I was interested in the Anti-Paladin until you added the alignment restriction.

Shayuri

First Post
Roffle...I was going to say I could be a summoner as well.

Perrin! Let us work this out.

I have been considering a halfling or human (not sure which yet) sorceror with Inferal Bloodline. A summoner with a devilish eidolon would also be cool...perhaps even with that Eldritch Heritage feat to reflect the bloodline.

I'e never played a sorceror of that bloodline before, nor a summoner, so either has appeal. My sorceror concept is a blend of charms and blasts, with some defenses in for good measure...meant to be effective in covert machinations, or handy when swift smiting is called for. The Infernal Bloodline appears well suited for this.

A summoner would be more combat/buffing oriented of course, since that's pretty much how their spell list was built. :)

Which option appeals most to you?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Which option appeals most to you?
Hmmm, I haven't been looking at sorcerer anymore since this morning. I came home and looked at witch for awhile. LOL.

The lazy part of me offered Firvin's sorcerer idea since the first people were talking clerics and a rogue.

Go ahead with your sorcerer concept, you have put more thought into it than I have in reworking my sorceress build. I have been spending mental energy thinking on what kinda eidolon to have, so I think I am happily leaning towards that route. Though, I might consider a synthesist.

Caim

First Post
So I've looked over inquisitor again and decided on the infiltrator varaint with trickery as my domain woud be nice for this game. I would make him a melee build since we would have 3 ranged and 2 melee PC's with a melee pet.

*EDIT* TSS = Rodger Dodger'

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hmmm, I don't count clerics, bards, and rogues as melee characters. We are still lacking a suitable front line melee combatant without that anti-paladin. The eidolon will help, but with a party of 6, it cannot hold off the hordes alone. :p

Heh, I am counting it two squishy spellcasters, three support spellcasters, a rogue and an eidolon doing all the heavy melee work.

Caim

First Post
The anti-paladin is very doable and the only thing that would be sorely missed is the LOH ability. I'll make me a dasterdly anti-paladin and take up the front line.

Kaodi

Hero
I think we would be a pretty well-rounded party with a rogue, anti-paladin, cleric, sorcerer, bard and summoner, though unfortunately my rogue does not cover disable device.

ghostcat

First Post
I finally decided against the Archaeologist archetype and gone with pure Bard.

[sblock="Quigly Sanderson"]
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Human
Class: Bard(1)
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Hero Points:
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Languages: Common
Deity: [/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities]
STR 18 (+4) [base 16] {10 pts + human bonus}
DEX 14 (+2) [base 14] {05 pts}
CON 12 (+1) [base 12] {02 pts}
INT 14 (+2) [base 14] {05 pts}
WIS 08 (-1) [base 08] {-2 pts}
CHA 14 (+2) [base 14] {05 pts}
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
HP: 13 = [(1d8)+5 (+1 con +1 FC Bonus +3 Feat:Toughness]
AC: 12 = 10 + 0 [Armor] + 0 [shield] + 2 [DEX]
Touch: 12 = 10 + 2 [DEX]
Flatfooted: 10 = 10 + 0 [Armor] + 0 [shield]
INIT: +2 = +2 [DEX]
BAB: +0 = +0[Bard]
CMB: +4 = +4 (STR) +0 (BAB)
CMD: 16 = 10 +4 (STR) +2 (DEX) +0 (BAB)
Fort: +1 = +0 [base] + 1 [CON]
Reflex: +4 = +2 [base] + 2 [DEX]
Will: +1 = +2 [base] + -1 [WIS]
Speed: 30 ft.
Damage Reduction:
Spell Resistance: 0[/sblock]
[sblock=Weapon Stats]
Crossbow, Light +2 = +0 [BAB] +2 [DEX] +0 [feat] / DMG = 1d8, 19-20x2, 80 ft. [Range]
Dagger +4 = +0 [BAB] +4 [STR] +0 [feat] +0 [misc] / DMG = 1d4+4, 19-20x2
Dagger (Thrown) +2 = +0 [BAB] +2 [DEX] +0 [feat] / DMG = 1d4+4, 19-20x2, 10 ft. [Range]
Longsword +4 = +0 [BAB] +4 [STR] +0 [feat] +0 [misc] / DMG = 1d8+4, 19-20x2
Sap +4 = +0 [BAB] +4 [STR] +0 [feat] +0 [misc] / DMG = 1d6+4, 20x2
[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]
Bonus Feat
Skilled[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]
Armored Casting
Bardic Countersong
Bardic Knowledge
Bardic Performance
- Countersong
- Distraction
- Fascinate
- Inspire Courage (+1)
Cantrips[/sblock]
[sblock=Traits]
Extortion
Fencer[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats]
Class Feats:
Armor Proficiency, Light
Shield Proficiency
Simple Weapon Proficiency

Feats:
Arcane Strike
Toughness[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 9 = [0 (class) + +2 (INT)] x 1 (LvL) + 00 (misc) + 00 (Favored Class)
Max Ranks: 1
ACP: -0
Skills:
() = class skill
^ = trained only
Code:
Total                         Stat   Rank  CS  Misc  ACP
+07 =  Intimidate             +02    +01   +3  +01       CHA
+07 =  Knowledge (History)^   +02    +01   +3  +01       INT
+07 =  Knowledge (Local)^     +02    +01   +3  +01       INT
+03 =  Perception             -01    +01   +3  +00       WIS
+06 =  Perform (Act)^         +02    +01   +3  +00       CHA
+06 =  Perform (Oratory)^     +02    +01   +3  +00       CHA
+06 =  Spellcraft^            +02    +01   +3  +00       INT
+06 =  Stealth                +02    +01   +3  +00   -*  DEX
+06 =  Use Magic Device^      +02    +01   +3  +00       CHA

Bonus Skills
+07 =  Knowledge (Geography) +02    +01   +3  +01       INT
+07 =  Knowledge (Dung.)^    +02    +01   +3  +01       INT
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Equipment                                Cost   Weight
Outfit (Prison)                          0      0
Total weight carried: 0 lbs.
Treasure: 0gp, 0sp, 0cp Gems:

Carrying Capacity
Light: 0 to 100lbs
Medium: 101 to 200lbs
Heavy: 201 to 300lbs
Maximum weight possible: 300 [/sblock]
[sblock=Details]
Size: M
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 195 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Pasty
Apperance: [/sblock][sblock=Background] Although not aristocrats, the Sanderson family are stinking rich and Quigly grow up with all the luxuries and privileges of a rich brat.

Having had private tutors all his life, Quigly eventually studied archaeology at Talingarde University. However, Quigly was not particularly interested in ruins. Holding and owning a relic that have not seen the light of day for hundred or thousands of year gives him a high that the study of stones and cultures can't. That's not to say he didn't pay attention to his history. After all, how can you hope to find the relics if you don't know where to look.

Graduating from university, Quigly became one of the idle rich. His family are old money and do not have to undertake anything as crude as commerce. So he spend most of the day sleeping and the nights in taverns and clubs of all classes; picking up stories and occasionally telling them. However, it wasn't just tales of heroic deeds that he collected, he also collected gossip on the cities elite, along with information on their antique collection.

He used the information he had collected to extort relics, which he added to his own collection. Eventually he choose the wrong person and was convicted of extortion and sent to Branderscar prison[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads