Interest Check - Way of the Wicked - Golarian

ahayford

First Post
Greetings gamers,

I am interested in starting my second campaign here on Enworld.

1st Campaign: Shackled City - Golarian

I have chosen something a little different this time around. I would like to run a 3rd party campaign called Way of the Wicked...and as you can guess, it is an Evil campagin. Details follow:

Introduction:

Have you ever wanted to play the villain? Would you rather crush the shining empire in the sun than save it? Do the whispers of daemons and dark gods seem like a good start rather then the first steps towards damnation? Perhaps this is the campaign for you.

Talingarde - Geography

Welcome to the island kingdom of Talingarde. Talingarde is an independent nation located in the southern Steaming Sea. Originally settled by humans of Varisian decent, their many centuries apart from their homeland has cooled their normally hot blood. Interbreeding with Ulfen raiders has created an interesting mix of the two disparate bloodlines.

Several clans of dwarves live among the humans rather then in their own citadels like most dwarves. These city dwarves are valued highly for their stonework. In fact, several great fortifications of dwarven make help protect the heartlands from the hordes of bugbears known to inhabit the northern reaches of the island.

Talingarde - Religion and Recent history

Talingarde was once a place of religious tolerance. Temples to the Dark Father Asmodeus co-existed alongside temples of Iomedae and Saranrae. The religious factions lived in an uneasy truce for hundreds of years. Perhaps inevitably, forces from outside the small kingdom eventually broke the fragile peace. Cheliax agents began inciting Talingarde priests of Asmodeus to wrest control of the city for themselves. Surely Father Asmodeus would reward the strong, and the weak would reveal themselves to be unworthy. And if Cheliax gained a puppet kingdom in the process well...That would be icing on the cake.

Unfortunately for the Asmodean clergy, they were severely outnumbered. The bulk of the knights and nobles of Talingarde followed Iomedae, with a smaller contingent following Saranrae. When the civil war began, the combined armies of the Saranraen and Iomedaen knights crushed the infernal forces. The leaders of the civil war begged for mercy, negotiating a surrender with a knight captain in service to Saranrae. However, the Iomedeans would hear nothing of it. The Asmodeans were slaughtered to a man. Every temple was leveled and not an acolyte was left alive.

The followers of Saranrae protested such a brutal action against a foe that had clearly surrendered, but their voices were lost among the cries for justice from the followers of Iomedae. Today, the followers of Iomedae reign largely unopposed. The royal family are devout followers of the Iomedean church, as are the bulk of the nobles. The church of Saranrae has been relegated to fairly minor role in the kingdom, having lost much of the support of the common folk and the nobility after the war.

A peace heretofore unseen in the region has settled over the land. The people are content and have faith that their rulers will protect them from any threat that might present itself.....For now.

DISCLAIMER:

This is an adventure for evil characters. Alignments are limited to Lawful and Neutral evil. It is helpful if characters hunger for power and wealth and do not mind working with others to achieve their goals. Cruelty is a tool, not a toy. Punish those who stand against you, but reward those who demonstrate strength and serve you well.

Characters will do doing things that could be responsible for the deaths of countless innocents, as well as working with dark powers that would like to see nothing less then the corruption of all humanity.

Brief character introduction:

Guilty - You are a lawbreaker - the worst of the worst. Too dangerous to live amongst the good people of Talingarde, they dragged you in chains to the worst prison in the land and there they forever marked you. They held you down and branded you with a rune F. You are forsaken. You won't be at Branderscar Prison for long. Branderscar is a holding pen. In three days - everything ends.

What a pity. If only there was a way out of this stinking rat-hole. If only there was a way to escape. If only...

No. No one has ever escaped from Branderscar Prison. This is where your story ends.

Characters will pick their crime as a campaign trait (list will follow after interest confirmation).

Things like torture etc will be allowed but largely handled with the PG-13 rule. For example, from Star Wars:

And now, your highness, we will discuss the location of your hidden rebel base.

<door closes>

Time passes...

People can push the boundaries but if I request they reign it in a bit please don't be insulted.

Any paizo published Pathfinder race/class will allowed. Monstrous races may prove difficult as much of the adventures involve infiltrating the human kingdom of Talingarde.

I will include more details about creating characters etc if I get enough interest. I will start with 6 open slots

1: Kinem
2: Shayuri
3: Kaodi
4: Rodger Dodger
5: Perrinmiller
6: ghostcat

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'm enjoying your Shackled City game a lot. I don't know how you feel about someone being in both...I can see how it might be odd, especially if the two games have similar timelines, or if you just want new blood.

However, if you're open to the idea, I am interested in giving it a try. I'd probably go for a sorceror...but as always I have lots of ideas for alternatives. :)

Kaodi

Hero
Sign me up! I am always up for another Pathfinder game (read: I am probably nearing my limit, but hey).

I will get a character idea put together soon, which I will add to this post. Just want to let my interest be known quick.

I have been thinking that since most of my characters are spellcasters, maybe it would be nice to give a roguish character a try. My villain would be a secret worshipper of Baalzebul, able to thrive since the destruction of their infernal rival Asmodeus' church. As Baalzebul is a lord of lies and murder, the character would obviously have been indicted for murder, and his eventual career path will probably be as a master spy (the prestige class). I will try and think of some more details maybe once we have character creation rules up.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Edit: I'll go with a cleric of Asmodeus :devil:

Somehow, most of my evil characters have been clerics. I never play a good cleric. Probably has something to do with my RL view of religion ;)

Last edited:

ahayford

First Post
One thing I forgot to add is the update frequency. I typically try to update at least every 2 days. Frequently I'll post more then that if I feel its warranted and I have time. It seems weekends are slow on this board so I typically do not count those (but I frequently update on the weekend).

ahayford

First Post
I have updated the above with 4 players. 2 slots are still open. I will go ahead and say the game will go forward at this point as 4 is enough :) I'll try and get the final players guide up tonight. Depends how late I'm at work.

Remove ads