• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interest Check - Way of the Wicked - Golarian

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Another question (not to be a jerk), but everyone that has applied are agreeing to a normal pace of posting daily or once every two days, right?

ahayford

First Post
I can only promise once every two days due to my work schedule. But as you can see, I watch the boards throughout the day and can post short updates / clarifications. One lesson I've also learned, is that once I'm ready to advance (ie after about two days) I'm going to advance. If a player hasn't responded I will typically npc the player for that scene or perhaps they didnt' have much to say and kind of faded into the background.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I can only promise once every two days due to my work schedule. But as you can see, I watch the boards throughout the day and can post short updates / clarifications. One lesson I've also learned, is that once I'm ready to advance (ie after about two days) I'm going to advance. If a player hasn't responded I will typically npc the player for that scene or perhaps they didnt' have much to say and kind of faded into the background.
I was directing my question at the other players, but this works for me. :)
I have character concept already from an evil PF game that never happened.
Fivinianna Laali
It was a based on a half drow elf. The character sheet is 3rd level and would need some reworking, likewise the background would need some rework as well to accommodate the circumstances of the game kick-off. Probably go with Attempted Murder as a trait. Or maybe Fraud to get Bluff bonus instead.
Not sure you saw this, I squeaked in just before your response about ghostcat and you might have missed it.

Another question, how are you planning to run combat. Using tactical grids? Edit: Got my answer by looking in Shackled City.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'll post as often as I can...that'll usually qualify as 'every other day or so,' but on the occasion I hit a slowdown, being NPC'd is not only understandable but appreciated.

I'm looking at Sedition, myself...

An infernal or rakshasa sorceror has potential. I like the idea of having a mix of subtle and blast magic, to keep foes guessing about what my abilities are.

ahayford

First Post
Yes, I use combat grids. Sometimes more detailed then others depending on how much time I have and how important the combat is. The mechanics of combat I'm going to leave a bit open to what you guys prefer. If anyone has a favorite way of resolving combat in post, I'm open to ideas.

What has worked for me best is people post when they can (not necessarily in initiative order) and then I post a summry that resolves the combat round. Depending on what happens, certain actions may get nullified. Players can provide secondary actions if they wish. For example (if this guy is dead I will do this, or if this guy is below half health I will heal).

I will post AC and HP so players know if they succeed or fail, and can thus apply flavor text if desired.

I'm definitely not a fan of waiting for each player to post in initiative order. I think it draws the combat out waaaay too long. But again, the above isn't perfect either. I've thought of just doing 1 init roll for pc's and 1 for NPCs...and then initiative is considered post order from there out....but that hurts players that pick initiative boosting abilities. Maybe we could come up with a way reward those feats choices that provides a similar benefit. I'm open to suggestions.

ahayford

First Post
I will look at the character concepts tonight and get back to you. I'm pretty easy going though. I don't have a problem with Dark Elves necessarily...but make sure you read the players guide.

kinem

Adventurer
What I do as PBP DM for inititaive in theory is to roll once for PCs and once for the NPCs. If there are some PCs who would have beat the NPCs using that roll, they go first. NPCs and PCs then alternate. Whoever posts first goes first, and I resolve the results of their actions if I get a chance to post before the next PC does.

The NPCs' initiative roll uses the bonus of the leader or most powerful group.

In practice, I often just used the PCs' highest initiative bonus, and if that beats the NPCs the PCs go first. This usually results in the PCs acting first.

Rodger Dodger

First Post
I have a feeling the post speed question may have been aimed more at me than the others, which is fine since I am new. I check the forums often and can post as needed.

ahayford

First Post
Just an update on classes

1: Kinem - Cleric?
2: Shayuri - Sorcerer?
3: Kaodi - Rogue?
4: Rodger Dodger - Inquisitor?
5: Perrinmiller - arcane caster of some kind?
6: ghostcat - Bard?

Remove ads