• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Internet Saved the Tabletop Genre

PatrickLawinger

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
(thread title to be sung to the tune of Video Killed the Radio Star)
<snip>

I think all 7 elements can best be served by integrating online functionality into D&D. I'm not suggesting that 4E should be exclusively online, or require a computer at the gaming table. :) Just that online tools would make things easier before, during, and after the regular old physical tabletop game. My reasoning follows; would love comments.
<bigger snip>

No time to reply to all of it, but I honestly think that 4e isn't going to be the huge change that people seem to expect. I also believe that it's major feature is going to be packaging a number of computer and online tools for use. I am guessing that they'll also have some sort of online location for gaming groups to play virtual tabletop with some sort of chat hookup of some sort. Wouldn't be surprised if they provide online maps for DMs that purchase their adventures, etc.

Not sure exactly HOW they'll implement it, but going to some sort of online toolbox that you pay $5 or something per month to use would not surprise me at all.

Of course, I could be totally nuts ...

Patrick

Remove ads