• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the Dragon's Lair.

hero4hire

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Duthayer nods solemnly at Brother Odis' words. "It is good to know he goes to honor his debts. I will pray for his success. But we also must honor our own duties, and we have terrible trouble ahead of us. Let us ride!"

Absalom absently polished a scuff mark off of Rath's armor."No insult to your Dwarven stonecraft intended, but mayhaps it would be prudent to meet with Gurrand's friend Eli mentioned?" He looked up from his polishing to gauge the others reactions.

Shayuri

First Post
"Aye," Kuma says with the finality of a dropping stone. "We will need all the friends we can find; both for the battle to come, and to face the dragon's traps and tricks. I too think we should meet this friend of Gurrand." His face is stoic...it's nearly impossible to divine his feelings towards the departure of one of their group, though he certainly doesn't look ecstatically happy.

sans

First Post
"While you guys track down Gurrand's friend. I will purchase a horse for our wagon."

Brother Odis heads outside and takes the party's remaining horse and wagon in search of a horse dealer. Odis will try to purchase a horse of a different color so he can easily tell them apart.

-----
OOC: I find it totally hilarious that we're a bunch of 10th level PCs in a donated supply cart going after a dragon.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
( LOL. Nothin' like roughin' it! ;) )

So, it had been decided. Brother Odis starts outside and is on his way towards the stables that Gurrand had mentioned when a youthful group approach. The crew consists of six lads and two lasses, and its all most as if they were seeking the priest out. Their leader, a muscular farm hand steps forward. "We've been looking for you!" He pauses and his eyes dart about, before continuing. "Where are your friends? There were more of you when you came into town, right? We want to join in on your adventure! See the word, hunt the dragon!" Spittle of excitement forms at the corners of his mouth; though his heart and strong spirit may be enough for some, its obvious that neither he nor his friends are prepared for such a trip. Not physically, mentally, or even equipped properly. No one in the group is wearing armor, other than Laban who has donned an old poorly maintained suit of leather armor that is no doubt a hand-me-down, and they are only armed with knives and clubs.

Meanwhile - the rest of you head up to meet with Gurrand. Upon approaching those of you with a keener sense of hearing, pick up another voice within his chambers. Their words are muffled but the higher pitched octaves hint at it Gurrand's companion being that of the gentler sex. When you knock, the voices stop and your old friend invites you in.. "Well, this worked out indeed. I was just explaining to her that perhaps she should venture out and convince you to take her along, when here you all are! Splendid." His rugid hands clamp over one another for a moment, and then he lifts one to motion to the ebony clad female. "This is the friend I spoke of, Star."

hero4hire

Explorer
Absalom speaks up. There was little need for diplomacy at the moment so his lack of tact while cutting to the heart of the matter could actually be useful.

"Star is it?? What makes you qualified to accompany us into the lair of a Great Wyrm?"

sans

First Post
Brother Odis addresses the n00bs, "You are all brave and adventerous, qualities which Tymora admires. I must first run some errands. After I return to my companions, I will tell them of your offer of aid. We will discuss and determine what is best for the mission. I thank you for offer."

Odis nods politely and continues towards the stables.

Star laughs lightly and pushes back her hood, revealing sharp elven features, bright green eyes, and a fall of black hair with blue highlights.

"My skill," she says promptly in response to Absalom's question. "While I have never been in a dragon's lair before, I have been in many... similarly dangerous places. And as I understand, there is worry of traps left behind. I can help you in that. I also have training in regards to scouting. There are few that can match my skills."

Shayuri

First Post
Kuma nods gravely. "A dragon's lair will be full of traps and...unpleasant surprises. Your skills will be valuable. Have you much experience in battle? We are not the only ones seeking this prize."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads