• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the Dragon's Lair.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Please, the more we know, the better. If they are foolish enough to attack us, we need to know what they look like and what they are capable of," Duthayer says, nodding at Star's words, hoping the little confidence and hope he had given them would give them the courage to speak.

OOC: More Diplomacy.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
The one man that had offered up the most information, and a few others, stick around to field the questions at hand. "The group was lead by a raven haired woman, with eyes of ice that could freeze your very soul! She's accompanied by three other men - a big burly one dealt out most of the fists. I'd be careful travelers, the woman gives me the chills.. something is not right about her." They wait around a few more moments to answer any other inquiries .. if there are none they thank you all again and continue on to Eveningstar.

"Thank you for your information, travelers. May the road ahead be easy." Star glances at her companions to see if they have any other questions; if not, she waits for the group to move on before pulling her hood back up around her face and hopping back in the wagon.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Since no one else had any further inquiries for the refugees, they continue on their way nodding good bye to the helpful adventurers. It was a nice change of pace to be treated decently for once! After traveling most of the day the hills clear out into an open field that obviously has served as the site for many battles within that last several months. A recent battle has left the field littered with annihilated bodies and no one to bury them. Scavengers, both human and animal, are moving about the area .. picking over the bodies for valuables, flesh, or both. As the party approaches all the scavengers flee the scene.

hero4hire

Explorer
"What do you think happened here? A battle obviously but who were its participants?" Absalom said thinking aloud while craning his neck to see signs of who exactly was involved. With a good deal of experience with dead flesh he looked with an appraising eye.

OOC: ID body parts? Goblins and Humans maybe?

Shayuri

First Post
With a heavy thump, Kuma vaults off the wagon and onto the earth. He pads to the field of carnage and inspects not the bodies, but the ground and the surroundings. After a moment he grunts and begins tracing magic sigils in the air as he incants in a thrumming, throaty tone. Luminous green vapor oozes out of his mouth as he casts, and forms copies of those unearthly marks that float gently upward into the air as they slowly dissipate.

(Casting detect magic to try and see any magical items and/or spell residue.)

TwistedMindInc

First Post
( Sorry for the lack of updating on my part. Not to long ago I found out I was pregnant and between the morning sickness and the exhaustion, I've been hard pressed to get online and post. Sorry! )

Two of the adventuring party take their time scrutinizing the scene laid out before them, however different there ways of doing so, the both find a few things of interest. As Absalom scans the field with his eyes, he spots movement from what looks to be a human solider whom is weakly trying to push himself into a seated position - but is failing miserably. Kuma's magical sight brings to light a few glowing auras scattered about the fallen. Upon closer inspection, these items are a shield, a sword, and a set of gauntlets. The rest of you notice something even more unusual. A hillside nearby seems to shimmer, and a fogbank suddenly rises. At second glance, the hillside seems to have dropped away to reveal a mist-filled cavern. Faint sounds of some bizarre elven dialect can be heard echoing from within. A one-way gate to another dimension? It remains open only for a few seconds before the hill shimmers and the cave vanishes without a trace.

Remove ads