Into the World, Chapter One

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=DM Note, ooc]The rogue post has been deleted from the thread. Many thanks to the ENWorld admins! I am very impressed!

Only approved players should be posting in this thread. Post in the OOC thread if you have any questions about the game. And to all the rest of my approved players, and you know who you are, game on![/sblock]

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=Quotes from Dekana and Walking Dad, with dice results]
Dekana said:
A boy of 14 stands nearby picking rocks up off the dusty ground and hurling them as far as he can into the empty fields beyond the town. He is clearly poor; the boy wears burlap clothing, worn-down shoes with holes in the sides, and has long brown hair that reaches down to the base of his neck. Another orphan - the thorp had too many of them these days.

After the blacksmith threatens the peasant, the boy turns toward them and shouts from about 30 feet away, "Hey Roran, why doncha' leave him alone? That old fella' ain't gonna make you any money if he has a heart attack in yer fields!"

[sblock=rolls]Diplomacy: d20+3
RESULT: 15
[/sblock]

Walking Dad said:
Another street orphan joins the dialog. About the age of 13, he is only a little bit cleaner than his pal.

Yeah, let him go. He is to old to be of any use.

[sblock=ooc]Aiding another
Diplomacy d20+2
RESULT: 11
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

The blacksmith simply looked to the side, shooting a dark gaze at the two who spoke up for the poor peasant. "Pathatic orphans ought to mind their own", spoke the man in a cruel cold tone as he walked briskly away from the group, muttering something else under his breath.

[sblock=ooc]Your lucky Dekana made 15 on that diplomacy roll! This could have gotten ugly ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Charlie scratches the back of his head, looking a little embarrassed at Darren's words.

"Ah, I wasn't trying to be all noble and such. It's just that Roran is acting like such a ruffian lately: pushin' everyone around like that! It's enough to make me pack up and skip town, and that s'truth right there.

Besides, I think we gotta worry about dyin' of hunger instead of my sense of honor doing it for us."

Walking Dad

First Post
I wonder if you'd mind if I come with you. You are not traveling through the woods, are you? This place has outlived it's hospitableness. I can no longer clung to my old life.
He shows his bag. I have already everything I own on me. We could leave tomorrow. Turning to the other kids What about you?

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Whew... that was close. Charlie, ya know what, I'm tired of busting my butt for that jerk. If youse guys are thinkin' a going, let me know. I gots nuthin' here, and maybe we can get some food somewhere the dirt ain't so dusty." Mikhail will say, looking enviously at Darren's pack. "Hells, I ain't even got a pack ta bring."

Dekana

Explorer
"Yeah, let's do it!" For such an important decision, Charlie decides the matter very quickly. He must have been thinking about the issue for quite some time already. That, or he's just a fool.

"Sure Mikhail, we'd love to have ya along. In fact, we should see if anyone else wants to come with. Trid's always yappin' about finding himself a pet, at least when I see him 'round. Maybe he'll be keen on a journey into the forest. And let's see, who else..."

Charlie turns away from his companions and then sharply whistles. "Oi, Rosette! Roran's gone, you can come out now!" From the way that he speaks not in any particular direction, it's easy to tell that he doesn't actually know where Rosette is, nor that she is in fact hiding.

[sblock=ooc]Is it ok if I assume we all know each other? The town seems small enough for everyone to be on a first-name basis, especially since we're all orphans.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voldrath

Explorer
Riggan pipes in from the edge of the conversation, "You lot may have the right idea. Game's gettin scarce, took me all tha morn ta bag this fellow." Riggan waves the emaciated squirrel about for emphasis. "And I had to go a long way to get im."

Riggan turns to Charlie, "It was a kind thing trying to help tha old man, but just remember, you can't save tha sheep by throwing yerself to tha wolves."

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=Quoted from Dekana]"Yeah, let's do it!" For such an important decision, Charlie decides the matter very quickly. He must have been thinking about the issue for quite some time already. That, or he's just a fool.

"Sure Mikhail, we'd love to have ya along. In fact, we should see if anyone else wants to come with. Trid's always yappin' about finding himself a pet, at least when I see him 'round. Maybe he'll be keen on a journey into the forest. And let's see, who else..."

Charlie turns away from his companions and then sharply whistles. "Oi, Rosette! Roran's gone, you can come out now!" From the way that he speaks not in any particular direction, it's easy to tell that he doesn't actually know where Rosette is, nor that she is in fact hiding.

[sblock=ooc]Is it ok if I assume we all know each other? The town seems small enough for everyone to be on a first-name basis, especially since we're all orphans.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Yes, in a thorp that small, you would all not only know each other, but would also know alot of each others detailed backgrounds. A little hard to be a recluse in a town of 35.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads