• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the World, Chapter One

bytor4232

First Post
The party proceeds down the long passageway for about thirty paces. The same eerie torch holders lined the walls, with fresh unlit torches. Much to the parties relief, the cobwebs were nowhere to be found, just darkness.

[sblock=ooc]Time for some checks please, make sure you role play it out, don't just post that your spotting in OOC. You guys have been great about the roleplay, just trying to keep you guys on the right track.[/sblock]

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Trid oddly now walking near the front of the group just behind Charlie. "I find it odd that all of these are fresh and none of them have been lit. Do you think a creature comes through here and cleans them? Do you think it might be magic?" Trid's curiosity seems to be taking over, as his head goes from side to side trying to see from the torch light what is keeping the torches clean.

[sblock=OOC]Spot +4 looking over the walls; no not metagaming just looking for stuff the spider made him curious[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Darren, AC 12 (T12, FF10), HP 7/7, F +2,R+2,W+0

"I don't think so. Perhaps this scalefood creatures can function in darkness, like bats, but need light to discern details. Or, ... it is magic." Thinking about the tracks, Darren takes a moment to search for signs of use in this passageway.

[sblock=ooc]Search+2[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Mikhail's spirits lift somewhat after his companions' comments and not wanting to be caught off-guard again, he redoubles his efforts, scnning every nook, crack, and other potential place for threats.

[sblock=Rolls] Spot; Listen (1d20+2=10, 1d20+2=5) He's apparently not doing a very good job of it ;) [/sblock]

Amazing Triangle

First Post
"Magic, ha ha someone created a magic spell just to keep their caves clean," Trid begins to chuckle finding the idea that a powerful mage would create a spell just to get out of his chores.

"Maybe really powerful magic men just use their magics to keep themselves from having to get their hands dirty. Or they cast magics so they don't have to even think about it!"

Dekana

Explorer
"But isn't magic really expensive? I can't believe a wizard would go to so much effort just to keep his torches clean." As the party makes friendly banter, Charlie keeps an eye open for any more monsters hiding in the shadows. Although he tries to appear confident to the others, he is worried that someone could get hurt on this little quest.

"So between the two, I'd guess someone - or something - cleans them up once in awhile."

[sblock=rolls]Spot +2, Listen +2[/sblock]

Voldrath

Explorer
Riggan walks calmly behind Charlie. Confident that they've slain the caverns great beast, and could handle another eightlegger if they found one. "I don't know mutch bout magic, but it seems a waste to clean torches with it. Have these ever been lit?" He takes a moment to examine the walls for soot stains or other signs of use.
[sblock=ooc] search +1 [/sblock]

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=ooc]If I don't post a reply to your checks, that means you didn't see anything.[/sblock]

[sblock=for Amazing Triangle]Trid oddly now walking near the front of the group just behind Charlie. "I find it odd that all of these are fresh and none of them have been lit. Do you think a creature comes through here and cleans them? Do you think it might be magic?" Trid's curiosity seems to be taking over, as his head goes from side to side trying to see from the torch light what is keeping the torches clean.

[sblock=OOC]Spot +4 looking over the walls; no not metagaming just looking for stuff the spider made him curious[/sblock]

[sblock=results]1d20+4=15. You look over the torches, and notice some of them look newer than the others.[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=for Walking Dad]"I don't think so. Perhaps this scalefood creatures can function in darkness, like bats, but need light to discern details. Or, ... it is magic." Thinking about the tracks, Darren takes a moment to search for signs of use in this passageway.

[sblock=ooc]Search+2[/sblock]
[sblock=results]1d20+2=22. Someone has been through here before, and has changed some of the torches. On the floor of the cavern you notice the same tracks on the ground as the ones the party saw outside. Three clawed lizard feet walking upright. The tracks look fresher than the ones outside.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=for Dekana]"But isn't magic really expensive? I can't believe a wizard would go to so much effort just to keep his torches clean." As the party makes friendly banter, Charlie keeps an eye open for any more monsters hiding in the shadows. Although he tries to appear confident to the others, he is worried that someone could get hurt on this little quest.

"So between the two, I'd guess someone - or something - cleans them up once in awhile."

[sblock=rolls]Spot +2, Listen +2[/sblock]
[sblock=results]1d20+2=20, 1d20+2=4. On the floor of the cavern you notice the same tracks on the ground as the ones the party saw outside. Three clawed lizard feet walking upright. The tracks look fresher than the ones outside.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Darren, AC 12 (T12, FF10), HP 7/7, F +2,R+2,W+0

"And I think I know who changed them," Darren says. "Look there are the same strange tracks like outside, but this ones seem more recent."

Remove ads