• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Introduction and some art (big images)

Drew Baker

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
What are the sculptures made of? How are they made? And, the fire?

I wonder about materials too, and about what size are they usually?

(My guess is the fire was edited in, with Photoshop or the like.)

--Drew

Drew Baker

First Post
Thanks, sam, but don't worry too much about me. I'm okay.

Anachronism is a shame, yes. All too often freelancers end up subsidizing failing or under funded companies. And, oddly enough, the people not paying us expect us to be happy they're still producing product, rather than settling their debts. They don't seem to understand that means we're the ones paying for their dream game, which you can be sure we don't love as much as they do. We'd rather pay for our rent or mortgage, for example, than a new print run.

Lalato said:
(oh... and purely for selfish reasons, do you have a link to your artwork)?
So as to not be too gauche I'll tell myself it's necessary to establish my credibility:

http://DrewBaker.com

drew@ there is my email address.

--Drew

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Drew Baker said:
Bethany, your work is really excellent and fun to look at. You'll be much better off doing portfolio pieces and self promotion in pursuit of a bountiful career than getting into anything I've seen in RPGs.
... But in the meantime, continue to show us your work as it comes along! It's a real pleasure.

Lalato

Adventurer
I won't derail Bethany's thread any more, but just had to say... Drew, that's some tight work. Thanks for posting the link.

To get myself back on topic... Bethany, I agree with others that I don't think your style of work is really a fit for the gaming market. However, I do think it's viable. I can definitely see this stuff selling on the sci-fi/fantasy convention circuit. Good luck!

--sam

Restill Habb

First Post
I love seeing stuff like this. You have the ability to pull off MANY different styles, and I congratulate you for that. And that dentist picture actually reminds me of this awful game from when I was a kid called Nightmare Ned (for PC) that I could never beat. But it's so nostalgic I love it all the same. Great work!

Remove ads