• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Gargoyle

The large stone like creature gives Kaelvorr a simple nod and takes a firm hold of the small creature by the neck. He easily lifts the creature up off the ground as he moves to the back of the group and patiently waits for the next move.

moritheil

First Post
After wriggling experimentally to ensure that his body is secured, Kaelvorr boils up out of the kobold, his spirit form loose once again. The kobold struggles very briefly until it sees the gargoyle glaring at it and realizes the hopelessness of its situation.

Slipping into the rock and using it as cover, Kaelvorr essays forth to assess the situation. He finds the place much as the diplomat noted: iron statues surround an altar, and a kobold with a wand skulks near the back of the chamber. To the right, the chamber opens up into an underground waterway or stream of some sort.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Rose: Tiefling Male Dervish (82/147 hps)

As Kaelvorr leaves the kobold's body and begins his exploration, Rose's body grows tense. Within moments, the impatient tiefling practically quivers in anticipation. He occasionally glances at Gabriel, as if it silently ask, Can I go now?

Voidrazor

First Post
Kaelvorr: Fiend of Possession (112/89 HP)

(Sorry to hold things up everyone)

After scouting the area with blindsight and finding no exits other than the river, Kaelvorr grows cautious. It possesses the floor, then ceiling, then each of the statues to check for traps, taking care to stay hidden within solid object the entire time.

(asuming no traps are found K. returns to the party)

"There are no physical traps that I could detect. However, I was unable to possess the lone occupant of the room. I suspect it is the worm itself disguised as one of his servants. I shall return to prepare a little suprize for the creature. After a count of twelve come forth in strength." But before leaving Kaelvorr gives Rose an appraising look.
"It seems the healing you recieved was less than fully effective. I shall make use of my private reserves to rectify the matter. But do not forget your benefactors should matter come to a crux."

The Kaorti touches a wand to Rose, waits, and repeats the process six times. Slowly the tiefling returns to full health. Just as the last of the wounds begin to fade (with 2 HP yet to be healed), Kaelvorr returns to the ethereal plane and starts flying back to the chamber, calling back, "Remember a count of 12 seconds. No sooner!"

Kaelvorr returns to the chamber, possesses, and animates the floor. As the others approach, the fiend attempts a grapple (33 touch to hit, grapple check 68).

Voadam

Legend
Snargle snorts but readies his charge claws ready to tear into the kobold.

ooc Attack Claw +18 1d6+12 magic (1d6 sneak attack)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gabriel will saunter in after Snargle and Rose and size up the situation. If it seems there are any spellcasters about, he will begin a sharp-tongued jarring song to abraide their concentration. If not, he shall instead begin to extoll the virtues of their fine fighters, their bloodthirst, their love of death, their ability to rend the flesh of any kobold or worm that crosses their path...

And if there's the tiniest hint of sarcasm in the bard's words, surely it's only your imagination...

OOC: Moving in, if see any robed kobolds, do a jarring song. If not, Gabriel will try to stay within 30 ft. of Rose and Snargle and do his inspire courage +3.

Shayuri

First Post
Before the group gets too far spread out for it to be effective, Silhouette leads off with a spell. Black fire seethes from her hands, leaping into each party member and charging them with fell and potent energies. For the moment loads seem lighter, muscles move with greater alacrity and power, and perceptions of time and speed are heightened.

She doesn't venture out into the room though, staying just inside the tunnel.

(Casting Haste on the group)

moritheil

First Post
OOC: Ladies and Gentlemen . . . Roll your dice! :D

Sorry for the delay, folks! I know very early in the campaign I did all the rolling, but under our amended rules, you can roll yourself, so feel free to roll initiatives. I will roll for anyone not rolling, of course.

I'll post what happens with Kaelvorr in a bit; I want to give Voidrazor a day or two to adjust his action.

Voidrazor, I don't think you are allowed to possess sections of objects; it's all or none, and as the floor is technically a part of the cave, you'd have to possess the whole cave. Is that too big for you to possess? I'd say yes, unless you insist and you have rules you would like to point me to.

There are some statues nearby, of course . . .

Last edited:

Remove ads