• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

Pyrex

First Post
Aldred, Cleric, 118/118hp

OOC: Kaelvorr requested a two-round head-start before we enter the room, so here are my actions for those rounds.

Init: (1d20+4=19)

Round 1: Command Wraith minions to move within the floor and take up positions behind the lone kobold. Move to keep sight-lines on party members preparing to enter the room. Wraiths double-move

Round 2: Move to keep sight-lines. Cast Quickened Spectral Hand. Ready action to cast Cure Critical should a party member take a heavy hit. Wraiths double-move.

Voidrazor

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
moritheil said:
Voidrazor, I don't think you are allowed to possess sections of objects; it's all or none, and as the floor is technically a part of the cave, you'd have to possess the whole cave. Is that too big for you to possess? I'd say yes, unless you insist and you have rules you would like to point me to.
The entry under the 5th level ability for FoP reads Possess Noncontinuous Object (Su): At 5th level a fiend of possession can use it possess object ability to take control of an "object" more loosely defined, a pool of water, a cloud of dust, a section of wall or floor. At this level a fiend of possession can also possess (and animate) colossal objects.

That being said, I'd certainly understand if you wanted to limit the ability for balance reasons. Limiting the maximum animatible (though not necessarily possessable) size to gargantuan or huge might be a good way to keep things under control.

Oh, and Kaelvorr's init is 24 (persistent Sign + Improved init).[/sblock]

moritheil

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: Kaelvorr requested a two-round head-start before we enter the room, so here are my actions for those rounds.

Init: (1d20+4=19)

Round 1: Command Wraith minions to move within the floor and take up positions behind the lone kobold. Move to keep sight-lines on party members preparing to enter the room. Wraiths double-move.

OOC: There's no problem with double-moving wraiths through solid matter, but if they stay hidden they can't see out, so they won't know where the target is.

Voidrazor, thank you for the rules quote, as I don't have FF.

Pyrex

First Post
moritheil said:
OOC: There's no problem with double-moving wraiths through solid matter, but if they stay hidden they can't see out, so they won't know where the target is.

OOC: They've got two rounds of double-moves, and plenty of move, they should be able to bob their heads up once in a while and manage to get within 10' of him or so with total cover; which is plenty. I just want them close enough that they can move in from cover and make a single attack in the same round. (Likely on round 3) They only get one attack anyway, so I'm not to worried about them being right next to him.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Rose: Tiefling Male Dervish (145/147 hps)

The normally quick Rose is slow to react. "You mean I get to do something?" he mumbles once the others start moving.

The dervish, even faster with Silhouette's magic, moves at blinding speed to close with the enemy.
[sblock=OOC]Initiative (1d20+8=9) Bad roll...

Rose waits until he is supposed to enter, and then does so. While willing and eager to be in the front, he tries to not get too far (say 15' or more) ahead of whoever is next in line (I assume that would be Snargle). UNLESS Rose happens to have enough movement to actually reach the enemy. Then he will go right up to it (and even circle closely, hoping to provoke AoO's and karmic strike back).

7 potential AoOs (1d20+23=39, 1d20+23=39, 1d20+23=40, 1d20+23=36, 1d20+23=28, 1d20+23=39, 1d20+23=26)

Attack rolls for 4 threats (1d20+23=24, 1d20+23=35, 1d20+23=38, 1d20+23=32)

10 potential damage rolls (2d4+13=18, 2d4+13=17, 2d4+13=20, 2d4+13=19, 2d4+13=18, 2d4+13=20, 2d4+13=21, 2d4+13=19, 2d4+13=18, 2d4+13=20)

None of these rolls have been adjusted to include haste. Rose's speed w/ haste is a sluggish 85'.

freedom of movement from ring
Expeditious dodge: +2 AC if I move more than 40'
Mobility
Combat Reflexes (seven AoOs/round)
Karmic strike: -4 to AC in exchange for AoO if someone hits me
Uncanny dodge[/sblock]

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
OOC: It has come to my attention that I have not included scale in that diagram.

The kobold is perhaps 100' away from the tunnel mouth. The wraiths will have no problem getting there in a double-move if they are willing to look periodically to ensure they are on course.

Feel free to adjust your actions accordingly.

Voidrazor

First Post
OOC: I should have made clear OOC in this post, that Kaelvorr used 7 charges on its Wand of Vigor, waiting between each application, to fully heal Rose. The last application would also leave Rose with 5 rounds of Fast Healing 1.

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]That's my idiocy. I KNEW more healing had happened. I even scanned the thread to find it before my last post. I just missed it. Thanks![/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
OOC: Unless otherwise directed. Gargoyle is going to stay in the rear while holding the kobold. If he can let the creature go, then I will roll initiative. Note; if useing his boots of speed Gargoyle can get to the Shaman with one move action.

moritheil

First Post
Rounds 1-3

The chanting of spellcasting without is mirrored by audible spellcasting within. Aldred and Silhouette recognize that some sort of illusion is being cast, but don't have too much time to concentrate on the intricacies as they are busy casting their own spells.

"A cloud of something seems to have been summoned," the diplomat warns. With a gesture, she produces a burst of sound that detonates somewhere around the bend.

Kaelvorr's disembodied form floats into the room, possesses a massive section of the floor, and breaks free of the surrounding stone with a mighty effort. However, as he approaches the kobold, Kaelvorr finds himself stripped of his false life. As he closes in, his body is rendered inert.

Aldred's spectral hand comes into existence, ready to heal.

Meanwhile, the diplomat speaks to the gargoyle. "I can have our other kobold restrain that one," she offers. "It would be a shame for you to not prove your worth in the front line for this battle." She waits for his answer before actually ordering the act.

As haste takes effect and the last few hit points of Rose's health are restored, the party rounds the corner and charges into the fray. The diplomat's blast has cleared a path through an ominous cloud, and Snargle heads straight through it for the enemy kobold. One of the iron statues near the altar animates as the party draws near, swinging its massive axe at the troll. The blade crashes into Snargle's resilient flesh, scoring a solid but not lethal hit. (18 nonlethal damage.) Up close, the troll can see strange symbols carved into the figure.

Kelteror mutters and teleports out. He does not seem to reappear.

The kobold gestures. A glowing bead flies out and detonates, the resulting explosion engulfing both the statue and the troll. (64 fire damage) The statue does not appear any worse for the wear after this fiery blast.

Rose dashes past and slashes at the kobold - who seems to simply dissolve, fading into a cloud of smoke. As Rose closes in, his haste fades away.

Gabriel trails behind Snargle, singing the glories of war.

OOC: Silhouette and Gargoyle still have yet to go in round 3. Aldred can roll for cure critical on Snargle.

Initiative order:
kaelvorr
aldred
gabriel
silhouette
kelteror
snargle
rose

Voidrazor, I am handwaving and saying you succeeded on the break check. There are a few other things going on, as you can tell.
Shayuri, Silhouette needs a round 3 action :)

Attachments

• koboldaltar2.PNG
    koboldaltar2.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Remove ads