• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invisibility on Objects

Black Omega

First Post
I'm wondering how other people handle turing objects invisible. The main question that has come up relates to the definition of 'object'. Which sounds like a joke, but bear with me.:)

Is a door an object? As long as it's within the weight limit, could the spell be used to turn a door invisible for a look inside? Or turn a wooden board invisible for a look inside a room?

By the rules I'd say no, but it seems like a rather trivial use of a third level spell. The only real use I can see if it's allowed is turning doors invisible to make pursuit look foolish and other similar things.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Is a door an object? As long as it's within the weight limit, could the spell be used to turn a door invisible for a look inside?

Yup. But remember, anyone inside can see out as well.

For true abuse, you need the Hide cantrip from First Edition Unearthed Arcana.

-Hyp.

Black Omega

First Post
Very interesting, certainly going far beyond what I'd thought of when it comes to invisibility. It certainly did help clarify things.

Thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads