(IR) 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 3)

Maudlin

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Maudlin- It's just the thought of the undead in the Union of Oerth suddenely turning and rampaging through our land that annoys me.
Well, maybe that was a thought for BEFORE you stabbed one of the most powerful remaining Necromancers in the multiverse in the back, eh? :)

Of course, should the Union leadership be delivered unto me in a sufficiently humiliating and entertaining fashion, there is no need for the populace or the sovereignity of the Union to suffer.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Actually, it was. We had hoped to wipe out enough of your forces to make gaining apoethesis impossible, or at least take a long time (i.e.- 5 turns or so).

Hey! this is my 300th post!

Mr. Draco and Serpenteye care more about losing their undead if I recall, since their undead half-gem dragon mutated trolls...20 PL 6/6 shouldn't be bad if you can consider that it is really only the best in the short term. (Aka before raising your technology)

Spoof

First Post
Maudlin said:
Unplanned? What, me and Mr. Moist were taking a stroll through the woods and we rolled you on our encounter table? :) Acererak hasn't done something unplanned for a long, long time... Anyway, the point is moot until we hear from Edena.

There are far easier ways to escape than just teleporting, btw.

Right, I am sure that this was also planned for how long now? And I would have come to an area that you were raiding with a skirt tucked between my legs :rolleyes:

But you are right untill Edena rules then nothing else can really happen, but at the house I am on a 56k modem so it makes it harder to stay abreast of things at night. <SIGH>

Also with tenth level magic why can you not just make yourself immune to magic 9th level and lower, look at the rashaka immune to spells of less than 9th level - bless i believe, wo with thenth immune to spells 9th level and lower, and make the character a holy terror :)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Well if Artifacts count as 11th level magic that makes sense at least.

Rhialto I don't mind his PL 89 does need help, its the fact that the Mindset allowing one to assume gooform is available to absolutely anyone of evil alignment, Melkor,Acererak, (PL Between them 500-ish 3x mine) etc that annoys me.

As far as I can ascertain 10th level magic is a complete housecleaner not a swiss army knife, the most constructive things I have done with 10th level magic is clean up everyone elses mess. OTOH when Melkor obtains it I will be able to sit back and watch him make super killing machines beyond my wildest dreams with only the simplest of ideas and those he targets probably won't make PL off of it.

I feel like a depressed Janitor not a Power!

Melkor, Acererak, etc... total 500 PL x3 against one player, well of course! Nothing personal Kalanyr, but you can't expect one player to be as strong as 3 at this (relatively early) stage of the game. And Serpenteye/Mr. Draco has just about as much PL as them anyways.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kalanyr, I have an idea along the lines of what darkness said. Why don't you target Acererak solely with the full might of your 10th level catastrophe in the form of holy fire! That should put a major bump in his abilities to fight and gain apoethesis. Plus right now you know exactly where he is!

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena- I am changing my prior catastrophe since it has yet to be invoked to Mr Draco's suggestion

Melkor
+2/+2? Do go through the Attack/Defense listing and note most of the bad guys are +3/+3 (+4/+4 after the goop revelation) or more ie better than me anyway.

Sollir you're missing the point its not that they have 3X my power despite their being two of them its that they can teleport around the globe at will as per 10th level magic with that 500 PL that is annoying.

Last edited:

Remove ads