(IR) 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 3)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ (what you find important)

The following very long article are my replies, comments, and rulings on your Posts.

Posted:

50? Thats, *counts* 250PL of simulcrums. OMG O_O WOW!
This is not a complaint post.
I am not complaining.
I'd just like it to be public knowledge that i will now spend even more time trying to find a way to gain PLs in response to the Simulcrum arms race.

REPLY:

All Powers may create 10 simulacrums of any ONE NPC.
Or, they may create 10 simulacrums of their PC.
Mr Draco / Serpenteye may each create these 10 simulacrums.

Kaboom is an exception: he may create 50 simulacrums of any one NPC or his PC.
Sollir is an exception: he may create 50 simulacrums of any one NPC or his PC.

The PL of the simulacrums is 1/2 the PL of the PC or NPC, without any items, rounded down.

This may be done each and every Turn.
The PL stacks from Turn to Turn.

- - -

Posted

Hazen will ask monks and gods of peaceful deities try to extend feelings of peace. We shall attempt to counter the hateful emotions in the Flanaess and elsewhere.
This discovery is shared with everyone. We will attempt to contain the Red Goo as much as possible.
Additionally, I will try to create as much peace and calm in my area as possible. We need to teach people to maintain calm. I even set up meditation classes if needed.
Also, I know Oerth has a Weave now. How is this new Weave being impacted by the Blood Wastes. Might it be possible to influence the Weave to help contain the Red Goo.
Kaboom, you are a Chosen of Mystra and perhaps the best person besides Kalanyr to pursue this.
Kalanyr: Check my idea where Acererak is. It is logical.

REPLY:

This effort to create positive feelings is slowing down the metamorphosing of the races in the Kevellond League.
It is slowing down the effects of the Red Goo.
The Red Goo is not affecting the Magic of Oerth in general.
The Red Goo cannot be contained by anything short of 10th level magic (indeed, 10th level magic is the reason the Blood Waste is not expanding.)
It cannot be gotten rid of without 11th level magic.
However, small amounts of it may be ended by 10th level magic - local ponds and lakes of it, and veins of it coming from the Underdark to the surface, may be destroyed.

I would like to repeat an earlier ruling.
All powers except Alzem, due to this metamophosing of their races, visible or not visible, gain + 1 / + 1 Attack/Defense to their rolls.
This is in addition to the bonuses your Power receives for having a Red Goo rating of 4 or 5.

- - -

Posted

What! No! on the contrary. We have been moving all our red goo and blood steel to an isolated location. Contact with the stuff is minimized. As of this moment our rating is 1 (if possible 0).

REPLY:

My ruling stands.
The Union of Oerth had a Red Goo rating of 4 on Turn 5.

- - -

Posted:

Edena, are Shade not getting stronger because of Red Goo?

REPLY:

I am reversing myself.
The Shade are getting stronger because of the Red Goo.
They gain the + 1 / + 1 Attack/Defense.
They are most certainly not suffering any ill effects from the Red Goo.

- - -

Posted:

Ok, let me start here because I have just returned from school to skim over the 2nd thread, I haven't read the first yet.

Silver Phase will ASSIST the Oerth Alliance in any way he can!!
If he is holding anything of theirs it is NOT by his doing!!
I could not defend myself because I WAS AT SCHOOL!!
I have lost 2 NPC's and am fairly irrate.
So bear with me because I have totally flipped out and need to tell people some things, Edena I have sent you an e-mail.
I haven't been here for any of this turn of the IR so far and this is the first I have seen so let me say this......

SILVER PHASE WILL HELP THE OERTH ALLIANCE, IN ANY WAY HE CAN!!!

REPLY:

Due to the worldwide nature of the IR, it is difficult for me to be online sometimes when you are online, and vice versa.
Even if I stayed online, working on only the IR, 8 hours a day, everyday, this would be the case.
Do not panic if you see a lot has happened.
When you are not online, I do not have a tendency to destroy your Power.
In your case, Festy Dog, you were set up, but everyone quickly realized that - it was blatantly obvious, and no harm came to your Power.
The loss of 2 NPCs was easily rectified.

Relax.
Why, look at me.
I have (literally) 100 pages of posts to go through here, and I am replying to them all.
Then I must go through over 100 e-mails, and reply to them all.
Am I panicking?
No.

- - -

Posted:

We will destroy our Red Goo and red steel.

REPLY:

This will change your Red Goo rating on Turn 6.
It is too late to alter your Rating for Turn 5.
However, it does slow down the metamorphosis in your Power, and the rate of increase in the number of veins coming to the surface from the Underdark slows way down.
The number of veins continues to increase, but now only slowly, not quickly.

- - -

Posted

The Tharquish Empire (PL 25) announces it is joining the Union of Oerth as an ally.
From here on out, it is under the control of Mr Draco and Serpenteye.
The Tharquish Empire is on the map, to the west of Ishtarland (which it borders) and Lyrn.
The emissaries of the Union of Oerth have been busy, and their efforts have not been in vain.

REPLY:

I posted this, and I post it again here.
It should be a matter of concerning to Uvenelie and Kalanyr, that Mr Draco and Serpenteye now control the westernmost nation of Oerik.

- - -

Posted

*sigh of relief*

My red goo rating is 1. And from what i've heard all research material etc. that my ppl possess will be destroyed by the most effective means available.
And yes I'll wish my NPC's back, thx.
I'm sorry but I am having serious assessment at school this week and next so I'm having some difficulty keeping up. As far as I know my place has been messed up with red goo so I'll attempt to fix up what I can.
I'm really sorry but rping is a bit beyond me right now.
Edena, this turn crept up on me and I forgot to get my template to you. Do you still want it?

REPLY:

There is no need to apologize.
You are not committing any crime!
Most people in the IR are having trouble posting.
Real Life does that to us all (including me.)
I hope you can overcome the obstacles at school. Good luck there.

As for destroying your research equipment on the Red Goo, and destroying the Red Goo, it has the effect of slowing down the metamorphosis of your people.
The rate of increase in the number of Red Goo veins coming to the borders of your Power from the Underdark slows way down (although the number of veins continues to slowly increase, the rate of increase has slowed way down.)

- - -

Posted:

I believe positive emotions - such as love and compassion -- may be able to contain the Red Goo and help counter the growing evil in the world.
Prayers are said for the dead. Massive religious rallies of tolerant and loving faiths are held.
Meditation classes are set up. Efforts are made to create a sense of calm to counter the growing evil in the world and the Red Goo.
I consult with the Angels of Hope Island, the UC of Toril, and the Eternal Empire of Toril for advice in this matter.
An effort is made to try to determine how to block or deflect a Red Goo attack.
I urge worldwide destruction of all Red Goo and Red Steel.
Lord Kalanyr is contacted for advice in how to help people overcome dark urges.
Festy Dog: No problem. It seemed completely illogical for you to take people's treasuries.
I think we need to solve the Blood Waste problem SOON.

REPLY:

I have previously stated that positive emotions lessen the effect of the Red Goo.
But the metamorphosis does continue ... it is slowed down, but not stopped.
I think William, that you know what the Angels would say.
The United Commonwealth is run by Forrester - he must speak for them.
The Eternal Empire has nothing to say: they do not even know what you are talking about, when you mention Red Goo.

A concerted effort to destroy all the Red Goo outside of the Blood Waste, using 10th level magic, would succeed.
However, every Power would have to totally forsake it's research into Red Steel, destroy all it's Red Steel, and totally cooperate with the other Powers in this destruction.
If even a single Power decided to continue secret research of Red Goo, the effort would fail.

If it succeeded ... well, that would have a major effect.
What that effect would be, I will not say, for a worldwide destruction of Red Goo has not been attempted.

- - -

Posted

I am changing one of my rulings.

Anabstercorian fails to enthrall Iggwilv with the Dictum because Iggwilv is run by Kalanyr, and Kalanyr has 10th level magic.
However, for all the rest of you with only 9th level magic and below, the Dictum is another matter.

REPLY:

I wish to emphasize something here.
Anabstercorian has worked long and hard with his Dictum project.
Because he has, he can take over your NPCs at will.
Only those NPCs run by Powers with 10th level magic are safe.

If you have a problem with this, then please kill Anabstercorian.
Then, there will not be any more problem.

- - -

Posted

William, Forrester must choose to allow your emissaries through the Border Guard of Realmspace.
Nobody, not even you who have been friendly to the Torilians, may come and go to Realmspace without Forrester's express permission.
Only the Eternal Empire can, and in their weakened state they dare not send any more force to Oerth, or anywhere else.
So, Forrester, do you allow William's emissary in?

REPLY:

I wish to emphasize my own post.
Forrester says if you get in. He also says if you may leave, once you are in.
Forrester is God, as far as the Border Guard of Realmspace is concerned.
The Angels now protecting Realmspace, will not go against Forrester unless he commits some sort of profound act of evil.

- - -

Posted

The red goo is powered by bad feelings and mental states, eh? If the red goo itself has these emotions, we will try to deal with the goo as an intelligent entity.
The scene: A adamantium bathtub, filled halfway with a thick red liquid, is laying on top of a reclining couch. Beside the couch a balding elderly gentleman with a cigar in one hand and a notepad in the other is sitting in a chair. "Now", the old man says, "tell me about your father. Do you hate heem?"

REPLY:

Although there was humor in this post, there was no humor in my response.
Here was my response to this Post:

Uvenelei, the result is not funny or humorous.
When you attempt this, you get a result.
You feel hazy emotion directed at you from the Red Goo, and see hazy outlines in it.
When Kalanyr (inevitably) helps you with his 10th level magic, you feel and see more clearly.
There are faces pressed against the edge of the Red Goo.
Faces, in pain and in fury.
They are faces fair and foul, of elf and man and orc, of all those who fell in the great battle.
You are looking at souls.
Souls that are trapped in a prison, and who want out, and cannot get out.
They are bound in some way. And yet, you sense that the binding is a part of their (the souls and spirits) own making.
They hate you.
They hate you so badly that you can feel it as a physical blow.
They hate because they are imprisoned, and you are free.
They hate because they are in pain, and you are not.
They want out, and they are struggling desperately to get out, and can't.

- - -

Posted

Hi, I mixed up the day. I am sorry, I am sorry.

Unfortunaly, I don't have time to join now, since I must attend my sister's wedding, and it is all over later this night.
I finally e-mailed draft of my template to Edena.
Ok, now you can all kick me.

REPLY:

There is no need to apologize, Zelda.
Welcome back to the IR!
I hope your sister's wedding is great, and that she finds joy and happiness in her marriage.

- - -

Posted

Compliments of Anabstercorian, the people of the northern Flanaess are experiencing something new and awful.
Radiation sickness.
(rest of my own article deleted)

REPLY:

Radiation sickness is easily cured with 10th level magic.
Powerful clerical healing spells of 6th level and higher will also stop it.
Cure Disease, and clerical healing spells of 5th level and below, will not help at all.

- - -

Posted:

If possible, the Kevellond League tries to create a new clerical/druidical spell: Remove Radiation Sickness. Also, maybe Detect Radiation.
It is possible to research new spells. Possibly it is on a level similar to cure disease. If so, it should help the problems.
Kalanyr:
See if you can help with this problem. A little good will is necessary to fight this evil (and the red goo.)
Zelda: No problem.
Everyone: See if you can redirect wind patterns to keep the fallout out of your areas.
I suggest we try to identify the hardest hit areas and keep people away from them.

REPLY:

You are able to successfully research and create the spells Detect Radiation and Detect Radiation Sickness.
However, your efforts to create the spell Cure/Remove Radiation Sickness fail.
At least, so far your efforts have failed.

Altering the wind patterns is possible only with 10th level magic, although a Wish spell will redirect the winds away from a local area (to the detriment of a neighbor.)
Lesser spells are not powerful enough to affect the upper level winds on a continental basis, and in any case the radiation is largely invisible - even the radioactive dust is often hard to see until it is close at hand, for it has now dissipated.
If you alter the upper level winds with 10th level magic, you will most certainly redirect the radiation - probably so that it hits another unfortunate place that otherwise would not have gotten it.

- - -

Posted

Does flooding the goo with positive energy (from healing and resurrection spells or from turning attempts/priestly channeling) do anything? Does Red Steel have a similar response/'mindset'? Can the souls of the goo be calmed, either through magic or therapy?

I ruled in this, and will repeat my ruling:

Yes, it has an immediate calming effect.
High level healing spells will cause small amounts of the Red Goo to vanish, and the souls to be freed.
Resurrection and other powerful spells will dissipate a fair quantity of the stuff, and release the imprisoned souls.
9th level magic will destroy Red Goo on the level of a puddle's worth per 9th level spell cast.
10th level magic will destroy the Red Goo on the level of a pond's worth per 10th level spell cast.
When the Red Goo is destroyed, the imprisoned souls joyfully fly off to freedom in the afterlife.

- - -

Posted:

Iggwilv is ressurected from the Goo with 10th level magic (Keraptis shouldn't have been effected being in a pocket dimension) . All who request I raise NPC's have their requests granted.
What changes happened to the Drow/Yuan-ti/Undead/Humanoids exposed to Red Goo? All our Red Goo & steel is disposed of consider our Red Goo and rating to be 0.
I do what I can to remove the radiation and cure its sickness.
I also start a church of Ellisterae with Kalanyr the Redeemer as a demigod below her (I attempt to spread this as far as possible).I'll make liberal use of 10th level magic to perform miracles to aid the process.
Did my emissaries to any of the good-aligned powers of the new continent gain me any allies?
Kalanyr will be simulcramed 10 times (thats 10 simulcra a turn limit right not 10 an NPC/PC?)
Also how did my Tarrasque (what effects did the Red Goo have on it?) experiment work since everyone else has invincible monsters they may as well find out about mine.

REPLY:

It is well for the other Powers that someone with 10th level magic is so freely helping them.
Otherwise, thousands who are now alive, would have died from radiation sickness.

The drow, faerie, unseelie, and monsters have not yet been metamorphosed (although they still gain the + 1 / + 1).
They are innately magical, and more resistant to the effects of the Red Goo.
The Second Touch will have to occur before they receive the first noticeable effects.
Kalanyr is not yet a God, but most certainly is walking the path taking before him by the God-Emperor.
The people of AnaKeris refuse to ally with anyone, but they are friendly to everyone who is friendly with them.
There are no other good aligned powers to be found on Oerth - they are all taken, as it were.
The tarrasque gains the + 1 / + 1 I spoke of, but is so far otherwise unaffected by the Red Goo.

- - -

Posted

I will look into the red goo souls see if any of them are reasonable and sane, if so I'll see what I can do about freeing them or easing their pain. However none of the goo is brought into my land.
My suggestion for reducing red goo: Worship Freedom and Elisterae and good aligned dieties.
Think happy thoughts and don't use Red Goo as a weapon of war.
My catastrophe for this turn is called off.

REPLY:

They are not reasonable or sane.
They are in too much pain to be reasonable or sane, although their pain can be briefly lessened by lesser healing magic.
Only by destroying the Red Goo can true peace be given to them.
The same applies to Red Steel.

- - -

Posted

OOC-
Also I nominate myself for the following:

Official Janitor of the IR
The only constuctive things I do are clean up mess made by other people. All my attacks so far have made those I attack stronger and my posts have the highest "totally ignored by the moderator" rate in the IR. Yes, I have been counting. Do I sound bitter? Heh big surprise since I am. I'm having fun and am not leaving but the above is really getting on my nerves.

REPLY:

I will see what I can do to pay more attention to your Posts, Kalanyr.
My regrets on this matter.

- - -

Posted:

Since I am offline so much during the week William has complete control of my available forces when I am offline. May they be more useful for him than they are for me.

REPLY:

I have seen this done a lot in the IR so far.
This kind of thing must arbitrated on a case by case basis.
For instance, Melkor gave me, the Moderator, the Shade to play (for the 3rd consecutive time) when the Action Turn began.
This time, I have refused to do anything with them. Unlike the last two times, in which I had them actively attack.

- - -

Posted:

OT

Edena, my e-mail didn't get through to you for some reason, rebounded back to my box. I resended it, hope you get, if you care, but I have to start going now.

REPLY:

Don't worry.
I have all the Templates.
My Server was almost certainly the problem.

- - -

Posted

I too, seeing as I go to the same school as Kal, will leave William in control of Silver Phase's forces unless I specifically say they're going to do something, etc.
Edena - did you get that e-mail?

REPLY:

I reserve the right to deny William (or anyone else) the right to play your Power while you are absent.
I reserve this right to protect the IR.

- - -

Posted

Could you email me about my Monster Arms Race plan I wish to know how it went. Did you get my other emails from about an hour ago?
Wizards, Sorcerors,Clerics, Bards and Holy Liberators will be sent out wielding the enormous power of 10th level magic to heal the sick and injured across the land in the name of Freedom,Elisterae and Kalanyr and to spread the word of peace,to speak of removing the Red Steel and feelings of hatred and suffering and domination. These preachers will come from every race under my control if they come under danger they will disappear using 10th level magic or harmlessly incapacitate the defender (10th level Sleep,Hold Monster,Charm,Etc) if countries refuse them entry they will simply teleport inside the borders and preach (I'm CG so saying its the Law really isn't going to stop me, those of you who wish to try ) disappearing from or harmlessly incapacitating authority figures who try to hinder them. These emisaries will have 10th level Charisma of the Great Wyrm,Wisdom of the Solar,Intelligence of the (Dunno,can't think of a good example) buffing spells available to tem.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE ABOVE

REPLY:

I have the e-mails, but have not had time to respond.
I will be working on the e-mails this evening.

What Kalanyr is doing above is not minor.
His people are entering the known areas of every Power in the IR.
They are bringing messages of goodwill, of joy, of the Light.
They are also speaking out against the Red Goo and Red Steel.

I WISH TO KNOW HOW YOUR POWERS ARE REACTING TO WHAT KALANYR IS DOING.

- - -

Posted:

Demmit...

Just missed Edena.... You send me a mainl last night that you missed my earlier mails... I send my email yesterday again.. and sent it double..... And I NEED those answers and you NEED to know what I told youI was doing/researching busy with!!
Edena you also didn't post what the red goo is having for a effect on my Formians (I prefer that you mail it to me since noone can know what it does to me since noone has formians equipped with red steel.).
Those project I mailed you are getting TOP priority.
I'm also sending out subterrenean scouts to find all these rumored udnerground bases....
And I'm still killing ANYONE who isn't hive mind linked. So everyone creature that's alive from bugs to umberhulks that aren't hiveminded are whacked. This is MY house VERY cool turn Hehe and yeah we were scared of Ace :p
btw I'm sending all my undead.. AWAY to the surface, there they are rounded up in a field and a few newly enhanced spelljamemrs come over and blow them to bits!
Away with the undead!!!

REPLY:

As you can see, Forsaken One has destroyed all his undead.
As you can see, Forsaken One's formians kill all creatures they encounter near where the Hive Cluster was.

Forsaken One, I will answer your e-mails.
I have suspended Turn 5 so that I may do so, before the IR runs away from me.

- - -

Posted

Lord Baron Elvor of Ratik, in his typical role as self-proclaimed diplomat is taking contact in his allies again (you know who you are, I think). He has been working on behalf of barbarian kings and welcommed Ergoth, prince of Storm riders of Telchuria and his father's old adventuring companion talk about certain important matter in their alliance. Ergoth has promised to join any forces neccecery to stop this evil 'plague' of red goo from spreading more. They are in lack of magic to do anything about it themselves.
Druids and rangers of their lands are trying to find answers from their allies in nature and land itself, but to no avail this far.
People have become more warry of starangers passing their borders and those not bearing 'marks of friendship' are likely to be stopped by force.
Katha seems to have disappered somewhere again. Ratik is trying to find her, maybe Old One knows something she is not sharing.
(more when I have time, I really have to go now. Yep I haven't have time to read, but latest posts)

- - -

Don't worry about having to read all the posts.
Reading all the posts is not required.
Having a good time, is far more important.

And your druids and rangers have found an ally, a powerful ally, in nature, Zelda.
Refer to my e-mail to you on this matter.

Because of your statements, your Red Goo rating is 0.
However, the Suloise are not immune to the metamorphosing effects, for these come from the handling of Red Goo by many Powers on Turn 4.
The human barbarians change in all the ways I have described.

They become more intelligent (average 17.)
They become more fair skinned, more pale.
They become innured to pain.
They begin to feel pain as a pleasurable sensation.

- - -

Posted

If those emisaries encounter Red Goo they will release the souls. Does the Red Steel have these souls in it? if so they will be released too. They do so regardless of efforts made to stop them, those souls do not deserve that kind of pain and hatred despite their sins.

EVERYONE READ THE ABOVE. IT IS IMPORTANT.

REPLY:

I am betting most Powers will allow your emissaries to do this freely, Kalanyr.
However, some Powers might not be so willing.
And, of course, ANY of the Powers might or might not be conducting research and/or production concerning the Red Goo and Red Steel in their Secret Places.

- - -

Posted

Bloody hell, that's it, I'm forswearing sleep. I monitor the thread for 6 hours, 8 posts. I go to sleep for 7 hours, 20 bloody pages of posts W00t Anabstercorian! Does your mother know you killed 5 million people tonight, young man?
Edena - If I look like I'm missing all the action, you're free to execute those plans I mailed you about.
Hmm, I came up with the simulacrum idea as well, but decided not to suggest it, because it would be sick I'm sort of opposed to it right now too (even though I'd be among those with most to gain) because 1) it unfairly favours those with few high-PL NPCs over those with many low-PL, 2) the bounds are artificial... If anyone can make 50 or more, eventually others can learn to do the same, 3) it dwarfs any other means of gaining power. Kaboom gets 100/turn, I'd get 70/turn, etc...
By the same reasoning, I could pull my bodak trick again on your major civilian population centres and gain an exponential growth in PL (2, 4, 16, 256, 65536 > world). Phibrizzo could start Slaad-farming, etc.. This is an exercise in seeing how well D&D scales to massive proportions, and imho some bits just don't do it very well

In the Baklunish Empire the room temperature just dropped by several degrees. Darkness' courtiers breathe in fevered gasps as a deathly terror clenches their hearts.
A ghostly blue apparition of a bejeweled skull appears in the air before Darkness.

"I have kept aside from the world's events, but not ignorant of them, Lord Darkness.
It is refreshing to find one wise man among a world of fools. You are the only one with the vision to see.
I do not want to destroy this world. What would be the point? I mean to attain Apotheosis, and I am getting closer by the second. Once I have ascended, of what further interest is this one tiny, dying world to me, save for a haven to my Children?
I will take what I need from this world, take what I require! After that, it will be wise to not have bedded those who pestered me. By 'wise' I mean to say 'a state where one doesn't spend the rest of eternity in a soundless scream', of course.
My Children in your realm will of course be required to obey your wishes, and their power will be a hundredfold.
The deal is struck, Lord Darkness. Resist the weakness of your flaccid brethren of the Union of Earth in this, and you will see yourself exalted. I could not describe what will happen if you betray me, for you will be the one to invent the words for it."
The apparition winks out.

REPLY:

I had to go to bed, just as this was posted.
Most unfortunate.
I am sincerely interested in how Darkness responded - I am sure I will find a response below.
I see that when I rped Acererak, when he slew the Wanderer, I rped him properly.

Maudlin, I have played your Power in your absence, and your Power has laid perfectly quiet, following the course of action you described to me previously.
Prior to this post of yours, nobody during Turn 5 has seen or heard from Acererak.

I am going with the 10 simulacrums per turn.
Kaboom and Sollir receive their 50, as stated.
The imagination must not be surpressed.

- - -

Posted

' o Skoteinos posting under a different username...

Edena,

Which one of my NPC's (if any) were slain? Are there any losses due to my Red Goo factor (remember the precautions...)?
Two weeks have passed. Have I already found something with my scrying / spying? Could you please mail me about it?
A short message will be sent to Kessel:

"See, leader of the Lortmills, what that kind of weapons of destruction, and your "policy of peace" lead to...5 million men and women died. And now, because of some strange side effect, thousands more are diying in the northern empires...is this really what you want?"

I will answer your e-mails when I can get to them, 'o Skoteinos.
I am currently answering 150 Posts, and then must answer and rule on over 100 e-mails.
This is why I have suspended Turn 5.
It will remain suspended until I am done, for things are getting ahead of me.

As for which of your NPCs were slain, it's on the boards (I cannot handle answering questions when I have already posted the answers to the boards ... I will be overwhelmed.)

You have suffered no losses from the Red Goo, but you have suffered the effects of the Metamorphosing of your orcs (again, see the boards.)

You know, as everyone now knows, that the Black Brotherhood can assume Gooform, becoming Red Goo, and that they can travel just about anywhere by travelling through a latticework of Red Goo veins that run through all the continental crust of Oerth.
These veins are most evident in those Powers that have done the most experimenting with Red Goo and/or the creation of the most Red Steel.

It is worth noting that Luna now has it's own latticework of Red Goo veins.
A certain Power decided to go up there and conduct secret Red Goo / Red Steel research there, and this is the result.

- - -

Posted

Omegium-Kinda hard for more to die since I cured them.
Posting this because when Edena sees things like this he tends to forget that I cured/stopped the xth disaster(s) of the turn.
A sending appears in front of Acereraks and delivers this message "I hope you get disconnected from the Negative Material Plane! Those like you are responsible for the disasters of the last 5 months. Actually wait tell me again why I'm trying to stop you or any other evil power? Every attack I've made on someone who desires complete domination/destruction of the world has caused them to gain power or to poison half the planet. Therefore go with my blessings they will probably hinder you more than any attack I can make (and won't make you grow in power at least). Hmm I seem depressed today. Back to the topic now, You will never win I'll fight to the end in the name of Love and Freedom! "

Edit-What I put here, really doesn't belong.Better to Email the relevant person.

What is said, is said.
Kalanyr, if you feel like the Helpless Janitor, perhaps you won't feel so bad when you are spared, and several other Powers are all but obliterated on Turn 6.

- - -

Posted

There is noone at all in my section of Ishtarland, nor should anyone at all (except maybe Forrester) be able to find them.Since they are all in a 10th level pocket dimension, except emisaries I send out.
Also my Gift to Alzem: I erect a mythal with powers of his choice over Hope Isle and make any requested changes to flora/fauna/climate of the Island. Alzem can email you with what he wants Edena and it will be done.

REPLY:

Alzem, the Powers of a Mythal are staggering.
To fully appreciate a Mythal, you need to download the supplement Cormanthor: Empire of Elves (it's a free download off of the WOTC site) and read the Mythal section.
There is no way my poor words can do justice to the incredible power of the Mythal.

Let me try to explain, in brief, why you should download Cormanthor: Empire of Elves:

One of the MINOR effects of a Mythal can be that nobody, while they are within it's area of effect (which can be 4000 square miles) ages at all, but remains youthful and in the prime of life.
Leaving the Mythal simply causes the aging process to resume, and it stops again when the person reenters the Mythal.

- - -

Posted

Beyond swirling mist of time and place, through the darkness and complete oblivion only those of the undead can offer, belkow the surface of the dark world in a desolated cave floats a being before a swirling mist. The being watches the blood of the dying world spread slowly and the population's feeble attempt to stop it, it reaches out touching the swirling mist as if to caress the cheek of a young girl falling prey to the blood. it raises its voice as if to comfort the girl.

"Fear, angst, and horror fill ones heart."
"Blood flows, parasites dies."
"Hatred, Love and War."
"These are for Nothing."
"Death shall harvest the soul."
"Release thy life."
"Symptom fades."
"Nothing shall remain."

The Being closes its hand around the mist watching the girl perish. then it turns its attention to the rest of the images showing in the swirling mists.

Hello, Zouron.
You should have run Vecna, and not me.

- - -

Posted

(Alzem's long post may be found in the thread. For the sake of space, I will not place it here. However, I have numerous replies to it.)

REPLY:

That is the reason I am running this IR in Turns.
200 posts effective becomes the limit - otherwise, when I awoke today, I probably would have faced 400 or 500 posts, and not 150, to answer.
Running the IR in Turns is the best answer I can come up with.

Two Mythals cannot be placed over the same area.
Therefore, either Kalanyr or Forrester must place the Mythal over Hope Isle.
However, Mythals could be placed AROUND Hope Isle, in a defensive circle around the central Mythal.
Mythals are very time-consuming, material consuming, and otherwise difficult spells to cast.
Refer to Cormanthor: Empire of Elves, for a detailed description of what a Mythal can do.
Then, give me some idea of what the Mythal on Hope Isle can do, please.

There is no Red Goo under Hope Isle.
There is no latticework of Red Goo coming up to the surface of Hope Isle from the Underdark.
There is no Red Goo in the deep bedrock below the ocean floor around Hope Isle.
Hope Isle is completely free of the Red Goo, and it's derivative, Red Steel - UNLESS you state you take some of it there.
If you do that, your Red Goo rating immediately jumps from 0 to 1.

It is not possible to tell the gender of the Angels.
Their faces could be either male or female.
Their bodies cannot be discerned clearly.
Their voices are ethereal, and could be either male or female.

One of them speaks softly in answer to Alzem:

We are here to protect the innocent.
The coming of the Red Death is imminent.

The people of Oerth hide from each other.
Their magic cannot hide them from the Red Death.

The Angel looks at Alzem solemnly, then resume's it's vigil.
It does not speak again.

Destroying the Red Goo does not harm or kill the souls and spirits trapped within.
It frees them, painlessly, and they soar away with joy and delight.

Unfortunately, the souls in the Red Goo and in Red Steel (yes, they are in the Red Steel) cannot talk to you.
They are typically screaming in pain, and when they are not, they are looking at you with hatred.

For they are in pain, and you are not.
They are imprisoned, and you are free.

Alzem, none of your population on Oerth has disappeared.
They are all on Hope Isle, Oerth, or wherever you decided they were.

As for the disappearance of the native Oerthians, that is a mystery you must solve.

Everyone, please note that Alzem is offering protection to anyone coming to Hope Isle.
Hope Isle cannot be scried by 10th level magic, and so it is an actual safe haven (even from Acererak.)
Of course, if you travel to Hope Isle, you must abide by the rules of Hope Isle.
Alzem sets those rules.

Alzem, I am noting that you are searching for the Mace of St. Cuthbert.
If you find it, you will most definitely receive bonuses for it.

Indeed Kalanyr, destructive power of The Shade will be greater next turn than your or Gnomeworks ALONE, for we will combine nuclear energy and 10th level magic, to create nuclear/ 10th level magic powered Shadow/Negative Energy Accumulators.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Well, as soon as the turn starts up again, the Union of Oerth will stop all dealing with Red goo/Red steel. AS FAST AS WE CAN. Congrats edena, I'm even more scared now.

Also, we will proceed to free any and all souls we can from the stuff.

Tokiwong

First Post
Malachai is not amused

Malachai continues his research into the Red Goo and Red Steel... trying to bend it to his will... training his men in the proper mindset to effectively use the Red Goo to its fullest... if he can he will cultivate it... Kalanyr may be his ally, but he will not stop the march of progress those that are ill... well they shall be left to fend for themselves for they were foolish to not follow his explicit orders, those in the military are given extensive healing the best he can afford... and his forces are pulled to underground bases.... for now the Empire of Malachai shall be a barren waste of radiation winds... and the dying... those that perish shall be incinerated... to preserve what little honor they had in their deaths...

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Re: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ (what you find important)

Edena_of_Neith said:

I am going with the 10 simulacrums per turn.
Kaboom and Sollir receive their 50, as stated.
The imagination must not be surpressed.

If I have any way to object, I object :) 200 PL/turn, automatically for these powers... do you have any idea what that will do?! As I said, I've self-cencored before on this sort if thing, but fortune seems to favor the bold...so:

I DO start mass-deployment of Bodaks then. Every Bodak sent out will double in 1 day, then double that number again in another day, and so on. I start with 1000 Bodaks. World ends in 3 days. PLEASE suppress my imagination on this :)

I remark that almost everyone voiced their opposition to the simulacrums. I'm all for giving them an advantage, but this is way over the top.

Mass production is a little different thing. My other plan was to take all red slaads in my land and implant all my hundreds of thousands of slaves. Much similar to your bodak idea...

Edenas response was that would require 10th level magic to do.

Maudlin

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Kalanyr, I have an idea along the lines of what darkness said. Why don't you target Acererak solely with the full might of your 10th level catastrophe in the form of holy fire! That should put a major bump in his abilities to fight and gain apoethesis. Plus right now you know exactly where he is!
Possibly for the same reason I don't just teleport across Oerth and devour all your souls.

This should not be seen as a weakness of 10th level magic.

Remove ads