(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 4 - 5 (thread 1)

And of course the cloaked figure is still eating the corpses rapidly and will now kill anyone who tries to burn them if they don't run away in fear first, if they put up a good fight it will teleport away...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Uh ... ok.

Forsaken One, your Power has sustained little damage.
You and Festy Dog were missed by the cataclysm that swept through everyone else.

Alzem is staying. 398 PL of his forces remain intact.

Three NEW Powers are entering into the IR.

They are a race of beings who are very mighty.
They were shaken by the Barrage of Antimatter, affected by the flashes, driven from their homes by the volcanoes, and are in general annoyed.
Annoyed, horrified, and eager to settle scores with all of those who have bothered them.

They are the Dragons.

200 PL of them, the Chromatic Dragons, join Acererak.
Although Acererak is a bit difficult to find now, I am ruling they contacted him just before he disappeared.
The evil Chromatic Dragons join with Acererak, and offer him a chance to destroy the pathetic Alliance of Oerth, to be revenged upon the traitorous Dark Union, and to be crowned as Rightful Lord of Oerth.

The good Metallic Dragons, 200 PL of them, land all around Veluna City.
They offer to join the Alliance of Oerth (they would come under joint Jurisdiction of those in the Alliance), and bear dragonriders into battle against the powers that threaten the Alliance.
They state they wish peace through strength, and they desire a healing of the world's injury.

50 PL of Shadow Dragons join the Shade, after a long search for them in the Plane of Shadow, and urge them to keep up the fight, to forever strive to take Toril forever into the Shadow Plane.

The neutral Gem Dragons, 200 PL strong, look around, and see that there are no neutrals in this conflict ... no neutral side is to be located.
Not that there was any balance left to maintain anyways.

The Gem Dragons take the attitude of:

We are for hire.
How much gold do you have? How many gems? How much mithril?
Jewels, gems, and hoarded coins talk, and we listen.
They send emissaries to every Power, except Forrester who has returned to Toril, and offer their services in return for pay.
The pay, is expected up front, and in large amounts!

Last edited:

The League of Warlords will be the first to greet them:

"Gems, ore, mithril, it will be easily yours! We hold the power of neutrality with us as well, Mistress Tao at our side, the mother of the earth itself...with your help we will conquer the races of the mountains, and we will give you fourth-fifths share of all their treasure, from the heart of Limbo, we will form these valuables from pure thought-and we will give them to you. These gems will be virtually perfect in every sense, a pleasure to look at-as it would be a pleasure to have you on our side. Your lairs will be big and plentiful within the valley of Riftcrag and your hatchlings will be well guarded, what do you say?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz extends a greeting...

"We would welcome the aid of the Gem Dragons... and will go to great lentghs to show our gratitude for your assistance in the coming days... perhaps... given time we can form a more solid bond... for there is a lack of balance that should be rectified..." Iuz's ambassador smiles sweetly as she greets the Gem Dragon regarding them with her cold steel-like eyes...

She waves to caches of gems, mithril, and finer things gathered from various planar worlds... "I am sure we can come to some sort of agreement..."

From the shadows Iuz smiled...

Courting the Dragons... you know... the deal...

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
To the Good Dragons that have arrived on the scene: Welcome, my brothers and sisters, and thank you greatly for your help. We will need your great power in the healing of this world.

To the Gem Dragons: Money indeed speaks, and very loudly for our kind. I wish to hire you, and I will reward you for your services greatly, upfront, through the spoils of war, and through investments in a healthy, peaceful world.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Tokiwong, I need more time before I can help you.

I am currently updating the Lists, a long and tedious task.
I must finish that before I can explain things.

There are a number of people that can explain things while you wait for my help: William and Serpenteye being two of them.

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith

kaboom

First Post
I say to the gem dragons:
We will give you gold, gems, magic, mithral, and whatever else you want, but if you want to preserve the balance, do not ally with anyone, but instead attack the DU, for they are the most powerful of us all.
(no one else knows that I said this)

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Sollir wrote:

The League of Warlords will be the first to greet them:

Gems, ore, mithril, it will be easily yours! We hold the power of neutrality with us as well, Mistress
Tao at our side, the mother of the earth itself...with your help we will conquer the races of the mountains, and we will give you fourth-fifths share of all their treasure, from the heart of Limbo, we will form these valuables from pure thought-and we will give them to you. These gems will be virtually perfect in every sense, a pleasure to look at-as it would be a pleasure to have you on our side. Your lairs will be big and plentiful within the valley of Riftcrag and your hatchlings will be well guarded, what do you say?

ANSWER:

We are not interested in philosophy.
We care not which side wins as long as it's our side.
You offer Riftcrag, do you?
Would you be willing to give Riftcrag, all of it, to us now, along with half of all your treasure?
We also wish to claim all of your slave population, since we require slaves. We are sure you will be able to obtain more slaves.
Those are our terms.

(You will suffer a serious loss of PL, if you agree to these terms.)

- - -

Tokiwong wrote:

Iuz extends a greeting...

We would welcome the aid of the Gem Dragons... and will go to great lentghs to show our gratitude for your assistance in the coming days... perhaps... given time we can form a more solid bond... for there is a lack of balance that should be rectified...
Iuz's ambassador smiles sweetly as she greets the Gem Dragon regarding them with her cold steel-like eyes...
She waves to caches of gems, mithril, and finer things gathered from various planar worlds... I am sure we can come to some sort of agreement...
From the shadows Iuz smiled...
Courting the Dragons... you know... the deal...

ANSWER:

We know you, heart and soul, Iuz.
We know all.
We like your attitude.
Does it extend to slaves? We would like slaves.
About one third of all your people will do.
A third of your people, to work as menial laborers for us, to keep our lairs clean, to make sure every coin is in it's right place, to guard us against dangers, and to amuse us.
These must be humans ... we are not interested in humanoids, who make worthless servants.
We'll take the entire treasure hoard of Dorakaa while we're at it, and everything of value in the city - and we get to decide what is valuable.

(You will suffer a serious loss of PL, if you agree to these terms.)

- - -

Uvenelei

To the Gem Dragons: Money indeed speaks, and very loudly for our kind. I wish to hire you, and I will reward you for your services greatly, upfront, through the spoils of war, and through investments in a healthy, peaceful world.

ANSWER:

We are not interested in a healthy, peaceful world.
We are not interested in the spoils of war.
We want cash, up front.
We see the great treasure hoards of Aaqa, and her noble people.
We want the whole nation of Aaqa for ourselves, along with all her people as our slaves.
Along with all her treasures, her artifacts and relics, her works of beauty, and her magnificent mountain ranges for us to live in.

(You will suffer a serious loss of PL if you agree to these terms.)

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz Contemplates...

Iuz contemplates his position... "perhaps... though if I agree to such a deal... it shall cement us together... and I shall call upon you when there is need... you can have the city... all of it... for such things are transitory... and the slaves... then so be it... human to the last... in return I expect your full support... this deal shall make us both stronger... and together balance can be restored... we shall make it a priority to see that your hatchlings are kept safe... if this is acceptable then I shall agree... you may have your boon... as long as I have your loyalty to the cause of Balance...."

Iuz glanced to the remains of his ambassador... he was not pleased with the request but their was potential in it...

Iuz will agree as long as they agree to support his cause... how much PL of the Gem Dragon Might am I getting for this...

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The leader of the gold dragons shapechanges into a human knight with long golden hair.

He bows deeply before Archcleric Hazen, and speaks:

We come to aid you freely.
We bitterly regret not coming sooner, and we apologize.
For great ruin and harm has been done to the world, and we feel it's suffering.

It IS suffering, Hazen.
The earth is in pain.
We know you cannot feel it, but we can.
The pain, is serious, and it is growing steadily.
That is the reason for the volcanoes and the quakes: the earth is convulsing in pain ...

(The man bows his head, and tears are in his eyes)

We gathered too late to stop Vecna, to stop the horror, and we hope to make amends now.
We will fight for the Alliance of Oerth, for those of like mind with us stand in that Alliance, and we see in your hearts a beautiful and peaceful Oerth.
A kindly world, where green trees flourish under a golden sun, and magic and technology are the basis for exploration, growth, and maturity among the humans, demihumans, and humanoids.

We will serve you.

(He kneels)

Command us, Knight of Veluna.

Remove ads