(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokiwong

First Post
OOC: Thanx Edena I think I will create a PC since Iuz should stay in the background... for now... and rest his purty little head...

Mr. Draco

First Post
edena, one last thing, in the lists post under my NPCs, Enaroril Akn & Asica Sasimov should also be listed as part of Kas' elite guard.

Otherwise, its all fine.

OOC: Welcome back Valkys and Zelda! :)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Here it comes...

I know what I'm doing with my NPC PL!

======================================

Anabstercorian stands at the gate.

This is the core of Penumbra. The homeground of the ancient Illithid empire... This nexus of psionic power, open to the stars, and criss-crossing the surface of the sun itself. Insulated from the suns infernal heat by hundreds of feet of purest Substare, he walks across a slim catwalk, no more than a foot across, all consuming fire just waiting for him should he slip.

But he does NOT slip. He passes the catwalk, on to a large platform shaped like a half-circle, with large spires on the four cardinal points. At the center, a Prismatic Sphere.

Without hesitation he blasts it down.

Behind it, is the treasure of all treasures. A staff, of what appears to be purest ebony. At the head is a carving of an Illithid face, complete with tentacles that wind down the handle to form a grip. It emanates power.

He reaches to touch it.

<< Who dares assume the mantle of Guardian of Penumbra? >>

The staff speaks to him with the voice of the ages. Without hesitation, Anabastercorian grabs the staff. << I, Anabstercorian, Prodigal Heir to Ilsensine, claim that right! >>

The staff is cowed by Anabstercorian's great might... Under his indomitable will, that of a true Illithid warrior, shaken by the sheer power of his mind, it releases it's true power! Unstoppable psionic strength surges through Anabstercorian as he feels the power of the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra!

<< Today I swear it. Penumbra will RISE AGAIN!

==========================

In the hands of Anabstercorian, the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra raises the PL of the wielder by 4! This consumes as many of my NPC PL's as Edena rules it does... Probably at least eight, maybe all of them.

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

Dagger has Murlynd and Keoghtom. Kaboom has Heward.

Also, the Staff of Penumbra is an artifact. Are you now allowing artifacts. Also, I believe the PL limit for PCs is now 5 or 6 PLs.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Well, this is a guess.

I haven't cleared this with Edena yet. He could very well shoot me down. But I figure if I sacrifice ALL of my NPC PL for this instead, it'll come out about balanced. PLUS, one of the reasons he was disallowing Artifacts was because of their game-shaking quality... All the Staff does is raise my PL in an abstract way. It's nothing but a weapon, and can't do anything worldshaking.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
To Everybody:

This is an official notification being sent out by the Union of Oerth. With 20 copies being sent to Kaboom just so he can't miss it (we know he already doesn't like us).

"Dear wise and benevalent leaders,

This is a notification of the objectives of the Union of Oerth.

Oerth is still reeling from the wars fought in the past four months. Millions have died, and millions more are still suffering. We of the Union of Oerth wish to end this suffering of the people.

To this end, we will make four items our priorities in the upcomming months:

I) Peace- We will wage no offensive battles, only defensive. Also, to this end, we request a non-agression pact with every nation, also we wish it to be known that if one of our neighbors is attacked, we are willing to send forces to their aid assuming they have worked for peace. We do not expect similar treatment, although we would be very appreciative of it should any of you offer.

II) Technology- We will be researching technology to grant people better and happier lives. We will offer to share technology with every nation on Oerth, excepting the forces of Acererak, who, as you must all realize, is a renegade that wishes ill to us all.

III) Magic- The secrets of magic can help many, and such it is a priority. To this end, we will be researching the secrets of 10th level magic. Also, in a gesture of good will, 10PL from the legions of Kas will be donated to assist Alzem in his quest for 10th level magic, as we know his intentions match with ours: the bettering of the lives of the people.

IV) Negotiations- We wish to have open lines of communication with all of you so that we can settle disagreements diplomatically, not by fighting. Also to this end, we hereby offer lands for embassies to any nation that wishes to accept, the actual land being approximately a square plot, a quarter mile on each side. These embassies will be located outside of Rauxes, our capital city.

Additionally, sections of the great forests of our nation are being set aside as natural preserves, not to be touched by technology, except to assist their flourishing. (consider this accepting your offer Black Omega)."

OOC: By the way, as a reminder to all, we are no longer the "Dark Union of Eastern Oerth" we are now just the "Union of Oerth" This change as well as others (including efforts to improve the lifestyle of our citizens, i.e.- industrializing) was implemented as part of a program to atone for our mistakes of the past.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Anabstercorian, I'm glad you accepted our offer, and would like to extend apologies to you for our past mistakes. Would you be willing to start negotiations from the standpoint of neutrality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads