(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Hi, kaboom:

Dagger just claimed the demigods. You can talk with him.

Mystra is neutral good. She may have some LN clergy from her previous incarnation.

Valkys, I e-mailed you and want to say publicly: Welcome back!

Zelda, I have talked to you: Welcome back!

Forrester

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
One of the phaerimm of the United Commonwealth of Toril, has disappeared.
Where it went, and why, nobody knows.
It disappeared during it's duty shift as part of the Border Guard.

No amount of scrying will find it ... it is clearly not in Realmspace, nor is it in the Deep Astral (the 11th level magic of the UC would find it there.)
The general conclusion is that it is in an area where spells of higher than 9th level do not work, which is to say about half of the Crystal Spheres around the sphere holding Realmspace.
It could even be in the Phlogiston.
Some people think it's on one of the Outer Planes, and being shielded by the Planars.

*makes Will save to resist being drawn in . . . fails*

While I refuse to get suckered back to Oerth, I *will* say this: with 11th level magic we should be able to learn the following facts regarding the disappearance of the Phaerimm:

1) What was his first destination when he left? (He could have moved on from there, of course, without our knowing)
2) Was he taken involuntarily? Similarly, was he taken through some sort of mental compulsion/charm, or did he leave freely?
3) Did anyone accompany him when he first left?

Information regarding these facts resides, to some degree, in the temporal-spatial domain of Toril, and so this information should be retrievable through 11th level magic.

As far as my presence on Oerth -- well, Edena, it seems as though you are unwilling to come up with an in-game reason for my absence/exit from Oerth. "Progress report" indeed.

I would not be able to hide the 10-million strong army from the Torillian seers. I have just returned from Oerth, and state the following:

1) The Shade menace has been dealt with -- when I last saw them, their empire had crumbled and they had been chased from Oerth
2) The City of the Gods on Oerth is no longer a threat -- and, in fact, we've brought back several hundreds of tons of interesting gadgets that we haven't been able to figure out the purpose of quite yet. Our scientists should be able to deduce their function, however . . . we could use some antimatter cannons :)
3) Finally, Vecna, the scourge of many worlds, is dead. Killed by a 5-year old girl. I've got pictures.

Oerth should be left to the Oerthians. Now that the majority of foreign influence is gone, we should let them alone. I am siding with the "Prime Directive" faction of the UC (and, it should be noted, my word carries great weight on Toril).

If you vote to send back troops -- send them back without me.

As far as Alzem's request -- he is from Toril as surely as we are. I do not think that, barring events of tremendous magnitude, he should be interfering any more than we should. It is up to the UC to decide whether to give him our team of 10th level mages to use -- temporarily. I suggest that we do not. Oerth will develop fine without us, and without him.

Forrester

kaboom

First Post
My 16 PL of NPCs are:
Sadias, human, Wizard/Cleric of Mystra, LG, PL 2
Finea, human, Cleric of Mystra, LG, PL 1
Gofban, captain of the Gnomish Side-Wheelers, Gnome, Sorcerer/ Fighter, LG, PL 3
Hilser, Gofban's assistant, Gnome, Thief/ Fighter, NG, PL 1
Silror, Storm Giant, Fighter/ Barbarian, CG PL 2
Kintas, Elf (sea), Ranger/ Fighter, CG, PL 1
Thayadon's 6 Simulacrums, PL 1 each

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, i'll claim these as NPC's if you don't mind (you listed 34 PL of NPCs in the lists, i assume that 16PL of that is for NPCs I claim):

Kas's Elite Guard:

Dalentyll Tempesatis (NPC, Human, Sorceror of extremely high level, neutral evil) PL 3

Rangorn Ilutoer (NPC, Rakshasa, Fighter of extremely high level, neutral evil) PL 3

Asica Sasimov (NPC, Elf, Rouge/Assasin of extremely high level, neutral evil) PL 3

Enaroril Akn (NPC, Air Genasi, Cleric of extremely high level- worshiping the ideal of loyalty, lawful neutral) PL 3

Kas's Dragon Mount & member of the Elite Guard:

Lithedenor Ytnivv (NPC, Great Wyrm Amethyst Dragon, Psion of extremely high level, neutral evil) PL 4

All of them are from the Arcane Age if it's possible.

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
Across mountains, across countless hills, over deserts of golden brown sand that lie between the living lands of Oerth, the red elf paces within a palace of stone, gold and plastered walls of red rice.

His hands are clasped behind his back firmly; his pale red glove clamped around his other hand. The ruby cape he wears flutters in an occasional breeze. His hair ruffles with it, giving his back a living appearance.

Destruction, terror, hope's defeat.

What else could one call the past events? When the very land quaked with the power of titanic weapons, there was no answering echo of peace. For a time, the red elf had dared to hope, to dream... but no, not again. No more would he expect an end to this conflict. He could not foresee one now.

"Sir!" Came a young voice, floating through the red columns that stood in ranks down the hall. "Jand!"

"Yes?" The red elf called back, continuing his restless pacing.

"The silver dragon Kelestal reports that the wanderer has been sighted, trying to find Archcleric Hazen!" And with those words, the messenger walked into view. The red elf smiled. This was Eldan of Celene, a knight of Luna, and one of the Red Elf's foremost remaining friends. A young elf, but youth was no measure of valor to the Red Elf’s mind.

“I must go and meet him.” Decided the Red Elf, still pacing. “He has much to answer for in my mind.

* I am afraid that is not possible. * the Red Elf heard in his minds. A calming influence rolled into him along with it. * He has already fled the city he arrived in, showing tremendous skill and power at the same time. * .

Ah, Kelestal, my good friend. thought the Red Elf back. It is good to hear from you again. You have seen this?

* I was there when he arrived * The booming mental voice responded. * The hatchling Jafar was left to observe. He reported the leaving of our strange… friend? Foe? *

To tell the truth, I know not which. The Red Elf thought back. Then he scowled. But I am tempted to call him foe. We have known each other for a long time, my silver friend. We have talked through the ages, and that is why you bring your dragons to aid me. You know how rare hate is to me. I am hardly judgmental. But this stranger tries me.

* I know. I can see the hate in you. It is unnatural hate. But I feel it too. *

So be it, for now. The red elf responded. Enough of this. Have the fields been prepared?

* Yes. Varnaith, The Celestial Imperium, and the Lendore Isles will burst with food ere long, aided by magic. We will supply our allies with all the food they need, supplementing Forrester’s aid. They need not fear for their food supplies. * The dragon said, with pleasure. How the good dragons hated death!

Good.

The Red Elf began to pace yet again, then stopped and turned to the waiting elf Eldan. "This is what we do next..."

---

Plans are spun, fate is run,
What is done, is done.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads