(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, about the lists:

a) you have my planars and serpenteye's planars switched, i should have the rakshasas, salamanders, and xill

b) didn't kas gain at least 1PL from defeating Vecna and Tharizdun? Plus he had first choice on the spoils from Vecna (i.e.- magical items/artifacts he may have had)

c) didn't you say we gained 66PL of gem dragons? not 25?

d) it's officially the Union of Oerth now, no longer are we called the Dark Union of Oerth, although we are trying to encourage people to call us the Union of Peace

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Edena here.

Everyone, give a big welcome back to Valkys and to Zelda.

Valkys has been in the hospital, and has had surgery.
We all know how bad that can be, and I wish to say that I hope things went well.
I hope Valkys had a full recovery, and is back to normal now!

Zelda has had a severe case of the flu.
I think most of us have had the misfortune of having Type A flu in their lives - it is NOT something one forgets.
She has also had sick pets. Her cats have had trouble.
Apparently, Zelda is better now - I hope so!
And the cats seem to be better - let us hope they are healthy and happy.

Everyone, give your best wishes to Valkys and Zelda.
They deserve it, and they need it.

kaboom

First Post
where are the new lists?
Edit: I found them and spotted an error, my magic arms race PL should be higher.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
This was an e-mail to me from Alzem.
I thought it worth putting up here, for the quality of it's writing alone.

This is not IC knowledge.
Nobody except Forrester knows of this speech.

So far, no spies from Oerth have been able to penetrate the Border Guard of Realmspace.

Here it is:

Alzem appears before the leaders of the UC on Toril.

Friends I have a boon to ask of you. As you all know as Forrester has told you of the recent troubles on Oreth, and our involvement there, as well as Forrester’s heroic deeds in this conflict. But it seems that dark times are about to befall the lands of Oreth. With the untold destruction and loss of life there will soon be disease among those living on Oreth so I have come to ask for your aid.
Soon the Dark Union shall have the knowledge of tenth level magic, and currently sees us as a threat. So I ask personally for Forrester to teach
me the ways of magic to cancel out his if he were to use it to attack me.
Also the Dark Union and their allies shall soon of not have already gained the tech. to develop nuclear weapons. So I ask the UC for any technology advancements from Toril to help protect my people from this threat. I am not asking for you to send or to sacrifice any of your soldiers in their war, but my dream of creating a place for hope there like Hope Isle here may be destroyed before I can even begin to realize this dream. The Dark Union, Acererak, and the Shads have all acquired the help of dragons to fight for their cause, a threat that at this time I cannot match, or hope to hold out against. I am currently researching tenth level magic but if my foes turn
their attention upon me I do not think I can survive long enough to fulfill my research, and Oreth will lose any hope I could give to them.
I do not seek to learn the secrets of the Technology that you acquired from the City of Gods to begin a war of conquest just as I would not use any magic that you gave to me to be used without provocation. As in the war or Toril I did not take a direct hand until the end when the Mind flayers
attempted to block out the sun, and end ALL life on Toril. Only then did I take a hand in the battle for the planets survival. Until that time I used
all my magic and technology to ensure that Hope Isle would be a safe place to live for any who came there.
The Angels who help to protect Hope Isle have come to Oreth and have stated that they wish to remove the native population to Toril, a move that I urged
them not to take, and to which they agreed, for now. But without their aid or mine millions of people will die of hunger, cold, or disease. With your help I might be able to save some of those people, not all though as there are just to many to save. I humble ask you for humanitarian aid for the people of Oreth, in the way of food/water and clothing. Also if you do decide to give me the knowledge of tenth level magic I will be able to send those who desperately need help to Hope Isle so that they may live and one day return back to Oreth. If you agree to the humanitarian aid then I ask that it be delivered to Hope Isle where I can oversee the delivery of it to those in need on Oreth.
I would like to thank the Council for their time and await their decision, but remember time is short and people are dieing on Oreth buy the thousands as we speak.

- - -

This starts a serious debate in the World Forum of the United Commonwealth of Toril.
There is much political debate and argument, between the many parties of the United Commonwealth.

The consensus that emerges is that the United Commonwealth committed 10 million men and women to Oerth.
They state that the deaths of over 1 million of those men and women is a very great signal of how much Toril supports it's allies on Oerth.
They state that the single most competent Commander in the UC, Forrester, has been put on the job.
They ask for a progress report from Forrester - a situation report, as it were.

They point out that the United Commonwealth has done a great deal to aid it's allies on Oerth, in time, money, and troops.
They point out that the army that has been assembled is still ready to take the field, if needed.

They ask Alzem what more he could possibly ask out of them?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
One of the phaerimm of the United Commonwealth of Toril, has disappeared.
Where it went, and why, nobody knows.
It disappeared during it's duty shift as part of the Border Guard.

No amount of scrying will find it ... it is clearly not in Realmspace, nor is it in the Deep Astral (the 11th level magic of the UC would find it there.)
The general conclusion is that it is in an area where spells of higher than 9th level do not work, which is to say about half of the Crystal Spheres around the sphere holding Realmspace.
It could even be in the Phlogiston.
Some people think it's on one of the Outer Planes, and being shielded by the Planars.

William Ronald

Explorer
(Edena: Sorry it took me so long to get here. I was busy I am also adding 1 PL of NPCs, in the character of Fand Dyvyr, human, druid, neutral good.)

Archcleric Hazen addresses the assembled delegates and simulacrum. Ambassador Gwilym Raonul, who travelled to Toril, is with him. As are Lord William Ronald of Keoland, speaker of the Kevellond League, and a woman.

Hazen speaks and looks at the Wanderer with an expression of disappointment.

"The United Commonwealth of Toril has left. This is true. However, they did leave behind food supplies while they left to address a threat. (Edena you e-mailed me about it.)"

"I see a person that someone has called a figure of power. Perhaps. All I see is a figure of hatred and bigotry, who hates anything that does not fit his preferred image of reality. I will listen to what you have to say. However, you have already proven yourself an accomplishe liar."

"Your Sending was very selective, full of half truths and distortions. So, I sent Ambassador Raonul to Hope Island on Toril. He found world, where for the most part, hate has been set aside. They warred with one another, it is true. However, they have made peace."

"It is not my intention to make this world a colony of another power. Indeed, what I see are people who claim they have our best interests at heart and promise to rule over us all. Perhaps that is your goal."

"You see technology and Torillians as evil. Technology is no more evil than magic, it depends on the intent. Like magic, it can be used foolishly. We have long used technology after a fashion. What of stone tools, steel plows, or the shoes that you walk in. Sentient life seems to be noted for its tool use. Technology is a tool - no more evil than any other."

"What have you done, in the wake of this chaos? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, heal the wounded? If you have done this, then you have my gratitude. But you did not stop the Black Brotherhood from spreading the Blood Wastes."

"You seem to have only hate in your heart. I am truly sorry for you. Your hatred even makes you prefer Vecna as lord of all over a world that lives in peace with itself and other worlds."

"You mention a threat to this world from the Elder Ones. Yet you are refusing to act on behalf of this world, unless your terms are met. Some would consider this treason, or holding the world hostage. If I am misreading you, please let me know. However, you have slandered others needlessly."

"Strange as it sounds, I wish you peace. I did not order anyone to fire upon you. Indeed, some commanders will have a meeting with me later.

"However, damaging the doors of a religious institution is a crime. I will let you go in peace."

"I know far more about the use of technology for good and evil than you perhaps know. However, more deadly than magic, more deadly than any technology is hate. You seem to be letting it dominate your being. It may destroy you if you are not careful. This is not a threat, but something I have observed happen to others."

(Edena: I will give you a chance to have the Wanderer respond to my post. If not, I would still like to submit the post that I asked you to review. )

I have asked Fand Dyvyr, a druid of some note, to help advise me on environmental matters. She wishes to speak with you.

"You appear to be a druid of some note. However, what are you doing regarding the Blood Wastes. I hear Oerth scream as I breathe. Sleep has become a stranger to me."

"I have known Gwilym Raonul for decades. He is an honest and just man, if a little formal. I suggest you listen to him."

Gwilym Raonul, a short man who seems to have the blood of many human peoples flowing through his veins, bows politely to the Wanderer. There is a look of sorrow, and a hint of anger.

"You are a hatemonger, but I forgive you. I do not believe that the faith of Rao will be diminished on this world."

"I spent months on Toril, learning all that I could. I have not been brainwashed, charmed, or programmed. There are places of great natural beauty. The wounds of old wars have been healed. The people live longer, healthier, and better lives. True, much that they have achieved has been through pain."

"Perhaps you are afraid of change, of the possibilities that the world will not be as you will. No one achieves all of their desires. Perhaps you seek the destruction of Toril because it does not comply with your vision. Consider your own motives and your own heart, as you ask others to consider theirs."

"Perhaps you should learn to set aside hate. If the peoples of Toril, for the most part, have learned to set aside hate, perhaps we all can do so. Regardless of what you chose to say or do, I wish that you find peace."

Lord William Ronald, Speaker of the Kevellond League, steps forward. He is not bowing and looks angry.

"Where were you? Where were you when Vecna sent his armies -- allied with the Church of Shade -- against us? Did you take one step to stop him from unleashing the City of the Gods? Would Vecna the INSANE have negotiated with the Torillians? He would have been INSTANTLY aware of any ploy. You speak either out of ignorance or to lie again. The UC of Toril left behind some food, but have their own affairs to attend. You urged them to leave. And grumble when they do."

"If you are here to help Oerth, speak your piece. If you are here to merely hate and provoke others, go back and hide under a rock! That seems to be your chief skill, that and spreading hate!"

Hazen shakes his head. "Lord Ronald, you must master your anger. I think you should apologize to the Wanderer."

"Fine," Lord Ronald. "I apologize. You are a better man than I, Hazen, for wanting to talk to the Wanderer."

(Edena, I will check the lists. I suggest some good aligned power now claim Heward, Mordenkainen, and Keoghtom.)

dagger

Adventurer
<Ill claim them (Heward, Mordenkainen, and Keoghtom), I thought You had them? >

"Aye, good words all around" says Olinstaad "Ye won't be able to reason with the likes of that one!"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads