(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edena, can Shade communicate with Elder Ones( check my email). Can a smaller force of them be brought by 10th level magic? I was just browsing through my Cthulhu RPG, and there is an Elder One known as Nyogtha, who looks quite shadowy. We are interested in making a pact with him, we try to contact him.

Last edited:

KekKeke!

As the company of mighty and powerfull rulers steps outside and keeps debating with The Wanderer, a small formian worker stands across the square and stands as froozen just looking.

As the disussion grows intens and a Illithid comes floating after the company and a solar appears the little formian moves forward towards the wanderer.

It telepathically adresses the Wanderer (and only the wanderer) and it only has little to ask and little to say.

"Wanderer is how you got yourself named amongst the denizens of this realm. But WE realise that you are far older then any of of and that you have most likely been a man of power and respect or fear in a distant past. Of this realm, or another? WE who abide order think we got your point and know that you are right.... right you are... if you might need assistance in the future to aid you.. cause... You may attempt to call upon us and our humble services. You called us worthy, worthy of battle and glory of the Swarms we are. But worthy of standing over the decision and at the aid of one who lived so long. Knows so much and influences the greatest plans of mortals.. WE are most certainly not. We don't ask anything, we just serve, we serve a cause. If you might wonder why? Because we believe, yes we believe... in what you may ask if you do not already know. We believe in faith, in destiny and the chance to chance it for you make you destiny. You lived so long and you made your destiny. You earn respect as not many have earned out respect. We shall stand aside those who are worthy and know where they stand in life and in death. YOU have earned OUR respect. We shall stand with those who are worthy. We need nothing. We are born to serve the Hive, the greater cause. And the cause has overtaken the Hive. We are here to serve.
If you need us... heed our Queen and she shall abide. For Oerth, for destiny!"

The little worker walks away, halts after a few meters... and without turning around it asks one thing.
"And how may WE adress you... wanderer is most certainly not your name.. but what is? Do you care to share your name with US? How may we adress you?"

Edena.

U thought of what I did with Valkys forces and that's also added to my PL? And the red steel bonusses ect to armies and to base defense and tunnel hardening and reinforcing.

Serpenteye

First Post
About the lists

Dullstrand

Peoples of the Hestmark Highlands

Peoples of the Northern Hollow Highlands

Peoples of the Southern Hollow Highlands

Peoples of the Menowood (never used in the IR)

Sunndi

Peoples of the Vast Swamp

Isles of Woe

Are all these areas really totally and permanently wiped out? Some of them were partially blown up or flooded by ocean or lava, and the Isles of Woe poisoned by the Shade. But most of the damage should be repairable, not even Sunndi is as damaged as the Wild Coast and that could be cleansed by 11th level magics. Lesser measures should be required for most of the above areas.
I still wish for the Union of Oerth to hold on to its claim to these territories. Some of them would require high level magics or large investments in power to grow past 0 ppts and then they could be improved normally. Peoples of the Hestmark Highlands, Peoples of the Northern Hollow Highlands, Peoples of the Southern Hollow Highlands, Peoples of the Menowood (never used in the IR) were, I believe, only partially damaged and could be repaired rather easily. Regardless, I really want all these areas painted purple. We still own them even if they are wasteland. :)

Kalanyr gave us Rauxes, too. Actually it's become our new capital, just like it was in old Aerdi.
--

Nice work with the lists and the wanderer. BTW. The God-Emperor sends an invitation to the wanderer. The temple of Rao is not the best place to talk in private.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ok, Kalanyr. You move the people to Ishtarland.
Now, who holds Ishtarland, you or Uvenelei?

I'll have to break Ishtarland in two - the Ishtarland of Uvenelei (no reduction in PL) and the New People of Ishtarland (your PL, Kalanyr.)

The regions in question in the Hellfurnaces, Crystalmists, and Barrier Peaks I will rename.

- - -

Melkor, it is not possible to even contact the Elder Ones without 10th level magic.
Not safely.
With 9th level magic and on down, you can contact them, but afterwards the person who made contact has this bad tendency to go stark raving mad, and nothing will heal him or her.
With 10th level magic, mental protections and barriers can be established to protect the person communicating with the Elder Ones.

Although you do not have 10th level magic yet, I will say this (you bought this information at the cost of the sanity of some of your mages) - THEY WANT TO COME.
Oh yes, they want to come.
They are all but salivatating (if such creatures could do that) over the prospect of invading Oerth.

- - -

Serpenteye, you may make a claim to the regions in question.
However, they cannot regain PL. Advancing your Civilization won't help.
When Maudlin and me successfully work to update the map, it will become obvious why this is the case.

- - -

The Wanderer turns around, and then laughs.

Well, I see little squid Anabstercorian, who desires us all for dinner.
I see little girl Ahlissa, who thinks she can talk to the Elder Ones over that dinner.
I see little prince Thayadon, who thinks he can fool me with cheap tricks.
I see the God Emperor, who runs the Olympic Games of Torture, but somehow he believes in Balance also (and he laughs long and loudly ... HAR-HAR-HAR.)
I do not see Archcleric Hazen, who forsook wisdom in refusing to speak with me.
I do not see Forrester, who was too cowardly to face me.

Finally, I see the ant, who has more brains than anyone else here, to be frank.
Sir Ant, say to the Formian Hive that they should get up and start eating Torilians and traitors.
For, although they aren't good for much of anything else, Torilians and traitors make good eating. Even the squid understands that.

Then he looks at Kalanyr.

You fought against the Torilians, the Shade, and you conquered.
I salute you for that.
You have given unto the God Emperor what was rightfully his.
I salute you for that.

Now I understand why the drow think themselves destined to rule the surface world.
I am inclined to believe they might be right.
They have far more brains than anyone on the surface, apparently.

Then the Wanderer opens the doors and step outside.
He ignores the warning shouts, the order to halt, that he is under arrest.
Small arms fire fails to touch him, and the soldiers run off.

He approaches the gates of Veluna City, but they have set up a kill zone.
Machine guns roar to life, grenades are thrown, small rocket lauchers send missiles down to explode against the Wanderer.

The Wanderer, untouched by all this, mutters:

I can't hear myself think with all this racket.

He gestures, and a pleasant drowsiness comes over all present, and they drop off into a sleep filled with pleasant dreams.
One of them accidentally plummets from his high balcony as he slumps into sleep, and tumbles toward the ground, 100 feet below.

The Wanderer gestures, and the falling man halts, 10 feet off the ground, then gently wafts down to land unharmed.

The Wanderer grumbles:

I'm not here to kill anyone. Although some people need killing.

The Wanderer gestures, and the heavy gates of Veluna City open.
On the other side, a tank awaits, it's turret aimed, 50 caliber machine guns ready, flame thrower lit.
The turret blasts, and the shell richochets off a shield around the Wanderer, detonating in his face.
Flames roar around the Wanderer, scorching the ground black.
Tracers illuminate the air as thousands of bullets fly into the Wanderer, but are redirected harmlessly into the air by his magic.

The Wanderer frowns, and marches up to the tank.
He gestures, and a great force slams into the tank, and knocks it sideways one parking space worth of distance.

He then snorts:

I hate fire.

He walks on away.

The tank tries to run him down. It bangs into the force field around him, and is halted.

The Wanderer turns, annoyed.
He regards the tank.

You are a gnomish device. May the Gods save me from gnomes!
Time to pull the plug on you, beast.

He reaches forward with magic, and the gasoline in the tank dissipates, ceases to exist.

Better! The best gnomish device is one that does not work. Not true on Krynn, but sure is true here!

He then tromps off and, after going about 100 yards, simply disappears.
No amount of magical scrying finds him.

He is gone.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO ALL PLAYERS IN THE IR - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

The lists are updated.
They are close to being accurate.

Check your Roster for any inaccuracies, and additions or subtractions you think need to be made.
E-mail on any such inaccuracies, and I will rule on them, and fix any mistakes.

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Hmmm.

Anabstercorian watches the Wanderer flaunt his power with obvious envy.

<< He doesn't even have to move. I have to learn how to do that. >>

He teleports away... And starts looking in to the little problem of WHO IS SUMMONING THE ELDER ONES.

And Edena, How are the gem dragons reacting to my ultimatum?

Uvenelei

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Ok, Kalanyr. You move the people to Ishtarland.
Now, who holds Ishtarland, you or Uvenelei?

I've given the mountain range north of Ishtarland to Kalanyr. I don't know whether it belonged to Ishtarland or Lyrn before, but its his now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads