(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
An projected image of the God-Emperor appears hovering in front of the wanderer. It frowns at Kas for a moment but then adresses the whole gathering.
"The people of the Lonely Heath is not the wanderers people. It is one of the many peoples of the Union of Oerth, that senile old fool holds no power over those noble worshipers of the God Emperor. His claims are outrageous and illegal."
"You, " it proclaims,"'Wanderer' are hereby accused of high treason against the Union of Oerth and sentenced to imprisonment and death. Though we are aware that you are currently under the protection of a foreign power you will eventually be hunted down and destroyed.
I demand that you, Hazen, immediately extradite this criminal and place him in the custody of the police forces of the Union of Oerth."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel GnomeWorks teleports in from seemingly nowhere. He has, however, overheard this entire conversation thus far, and has decided to have his say.

"Representative of the Dark Union of Oerth." He says in an authoratative tone. "You have no rights to destroy this one who is known as the Wanderer. He has taken no action against you, and words are (nearly) meaningless. If you wish to start a war between our two groups over this man, his desire to see his people freed, and his words of contempt towards your nations, then we would deem you most unwise and proceed to destroy you utterly, completely, and irreversibly."

"Not that we wish to destroy you at this moment, God-Emperor. For now, there is no quarrel between us. But if you wish to start one now, then I am very willing to have a hand in your destruction."

Kessel then turns to address the Wanderer.

"I understand that you have a wish for your people to be removed from the tyrannical government of the Dark Union of Oerth. Let it be known that the Lortmils Technomancy will assist in any efforts made to assist you in this venture. Including all of our technological advances."

Kessel takes a bow before the Wanderer.

"Consider us at your service, if you so request and desire. Through our actions, may you come to understand that not all who study technology are inherently evil and self-serving."

Alyx

First Post
'So, you have come to us again, Wanderer. Perhaps this time you may stay long enough to hear our words. I do not believe we could ever change your mind about us, not yet, not here. The zealot will not allow his views to be modified. I know this. The truth is bendable to such people.'

With those words, the Red Elf steps onto the scene, his left hand's glove glowing ever so slightly; unless the light is just a trick of the sun, reflecting off that pale red surface. His eyes flicker over the other leaders at the meeting. Once he nods, at the archcleric Hazen. Then his eyes snap forward, to hold the wanderer's gaze in their grip.

'Understand, emmisionary of bitterness, death, lies... and perhaps some misplaced kindness. Understand our opinions on the matter that has been so heavily thrust upon us. For you will not win our trust by continuing to lie.

'Perhaps if you had told the truth, when you first sent to us your distorted visions, I would have agreed with you. Perhaps. But if you think you could ever influence my mind now, you are mistaken. A favorite saying comes to my mind. "One lie cannot be forgotten after a hundred truths."

'It is too late now. I said you were stubborn, and I am right. But worse, our hearts have been made solid against you as well. This meeting is an impasse, one that will not, cannot break.

'For all that, I still wish to hear you speak. The catalyst of war, however unwillingly, must answer for his unwitting crime in my land.

'Speak you then, and tell us why you are right and we are wrong. And let no power touch you if you tell the truth about your motives.'

Eyes unflinching, the Red Elf waits for the words to begin to flow.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
" I do not think an evil act condemns one forever, here I think the Wanderer has good intentions as such we will stand with Kessell against the Union of Oerth for The God-Emperors words show his true nature in continuing evil. Kas is more reasonable. I will make no move against his faction. Can you stand against both great magic and technology God-Emperor?"

Rhialto

First Post
The woman glances at the elf.

"Could you give me some help here? You seem to get that this is sort of an improptu ambassadorial meeting... could you get the Oathbreaker over there to let me go?"

Alyx

First Post
The Red Elf does not relax his gaze on the wanderer. If anything, his eyes harden. His mouth does not feel imposed to focus only on that conflict, however.

'I would suggest that we consider this impromptu meeting to be one of diplomacy and respect for one another. Admittedly, I had no use for such hollow talk once, but the truth we may gain from this meeting outweighs our petty battles.

'Would any of you second that motion, and thus allow this meeting to focus on the matter at hand, rather then devolving into a battle field as an undisciplined meeting is wont to do?

'Later will come the time for conflict. Or so it seems to me.'

William Ronald

Explorer
Hazen addresses the image of the God Emperor of the Union of Oerth.

"Your Imperial Majesty, it is always good to hear from you. I believe the correct diplomatic term is that you request, not demand extradition."

"He is now under the protection of Lord Kalanyr. If I were to seize him, without Kalanyr's wish, I would be committing an act of war against Kalanyr. I will not provoke an ally who has stood with me, although I do respect the sovereignity of your nation."

"Furthermore, as you know, our laws require that a detailed warrant be issued before a man is extradited for a capital crime."

"I am also somewhat confused about a matter that is being addressed. I believe that an offer was made by the Union of Oerth to allow some of those who follow the Wanderer to leave."

"Of more pressing concern is the effort of Acerak to acheive his Apotheosis. I ask those assembled to join with me in saying that the Kevellond League supports the Union of Oerth's efforts to stop Acerak. I ask that you consider aiding the Union of Oerth in this, as stopping Acerak is in our mutual interest."

"Also, the Wanderer has not had time to consider my offer of accompanying an embassy to Hope Island. Also, I did ask him to share his view of my friend Arthur MacKeppoch's message from his world. As for his Guardians of Earth, I beleive their psionic might is akin to that of the old Psionic League of Toril. Their new allies, however, are powerful and older than I can say. I spoke with one the other night. Godlike is an appropriate metaphor for a race that was old before Oerth's sun or Earth's flickered their first fires."

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC- Talking with the mysterious woman claiming to be the Mother of Nature, Sanctus Punitor is sitting by a half wrotten, half burnt tree stump.

"The only power that can heal Oerth is the Mandate of Heaven. The Mandate is the power that binds all Oerth together. The Mandate is in the people, the plants, and the animals on Oerth. The Mandate would still exist if the Sun was blotted out and only the Illthid lived, because they are still alive."

"The Mandate is the only cure for Oerth. I wish to rescue the Mandate of Heaven from the Blood wastes. I will take the Mandate up for only the purpose of making sure there is still life."

"In this era, the Mandate of Heaven is in Magic of the 11th order. Whoever possesses it has the Mandate of Heaven."

"I am of no use. The Blood Wastes will consume my people and country before I could ever gain the Magic of the 11th order and save my people. So I must ask for help from outside."

"Whoever has the Mandate of heaven has my pledge, whether they are of the purest evil and chaos or the holiest and most lawful lifestyle."

"You alone do not possess that power do you?"

"Who would aid me in search of the Mandate of Heaven?"

OOC- Some time after Sanctus is done communicating with the Woman in the Forest, he goes to speak with the wanderer...

"So... do you possess the mandate of heaven? I doubt it... Does the Union of Oerth? Does the Solar? No... the mandate has been hoisted over all of us. The Blood Wastes has consumed the Mandate of Heaven. The Mandate of Heaven is in the people, and the people are undermined by the Blood Wastes. Therefore, the Mandate of Heaven is in the hands of the power with the Magic capable of controlling it. Whether the mandate is possesed by human, elf, lich, or solar I will allign myself to whomever has the Mandate of Heaven. No other man can hold my sword and hand at the same time."

"You, of course, think I am being selfish. I am thinking nothing of myself. I would sacrifice every good bone in my body if it would save one life. I would allow myself to become occursed if it would save the life of one innocent."

"I do not calculate which decision is better. If both decisions result in the death of innocents, then I shall make another decision."

Rhialto

First Post
The woman glances at Hazen with an amused air.

"The offer was made by the general. The emperor thought differently. Which shows you how subordinates just don't consult with their superiors these days..."

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
"I do not think one evil act condemns one forever. But this man is more than merely evil. Kessel, would you go to war and sacrifice your own people to save this man who would want nothing more than to see you destroyed? Hazen, have you no respect for the laws? Even in your country traitors are killed, this man is in your country under your jurisdiction, he has no diplomatic immunity. This man, this 'wanderer' is a traitor. He claim to be one of the people of the Lone Heath, and thereby also a citizen of the Union of Oerth. A citizen of the Union of Oerth who has rebelled against his rulers and illegally claimed thousands of my worshipers as his subjects. Why does the Oerth Alliance defend this man? Is it only to provoke us? Do you want to fight another great war now, when Oerth stands at the brink of destruction and the smallest distraction form saving it could bring about the end of everything? I, for one, do not. If you persist in your support of this criminal we will accept your demands, we have to. Saving Oerth is more important than even my own pride."

A detailed warrant for the arrest of the wanderer is produced and presented to those gathered.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads