(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel looks at the God-Emperor in disgust.

"True, this man wishes to destroy me and all that I and my kinsfolk stand for. Yet, if we help him in his hour of need, his view may change. We can show him that technology is not the tool of the evil and the depraved - it is a true tool, something that can be used for good or for evil, and we shall show him that it can be used for good, not just for evil. Through this act, we can change his outlook."

"And what is this? Saying that the protection of Oerth is important, and yet you will fight with us over this man, who fights for the very same thing? You are both a hypcrite and a liar, God-Emperor. Where do you truly stand? Or do you not even know yourself?"

Kessel looks down, and nods his head sadly.

"We know where we stand. Although the Wanderer wishes to destroy our technologies, we will assist him. Because he wishes to help Oerth. Through our actions, we will show that technology is not evil - that it is not technology that shall destroy Oerth, that it is you, and your vile and despicable ways, that shall destroy Oerth."

Black Omega

First Post
Fashionably late as ever...

The a burst of silverwhite flames, Siobhan steps into view. Clad for riding, a flowing, poofy blouse, tight pants and high boots. She glances over the various sendings and beings, a cheerful kiss blown to Kalanyr.

"Indeed, Kessel Gnomesworkds speaks truly. This is not a time for threats or violence. We have more pressing matters to attend to. Perhaps the representatives of the Union of Oerth should retire to work out their united stance and then we can debate the other 'request'. for now, we shoudl focus on the floating skull and his Apotheosis. This and the Blood Waste are a far more immediate concern."

The silverhaired fae glances over the Wanderer slowly, her eyes sparkling "and Sir. We too are wlling to help in some small way. We neither trust technology nor the Torillians, so at leat in that we share something in common."

HERETIC!

Vaeregoth shifts in, kills the Black Brotherhood representative, and leaves with just 1 telepathically send word.

"Infidel"

(If killing the prepresentative isn't possible consider this post void)

Serpenteye

First Post
"The man is a rebel, Kessel. The wanderer will always remain a rebel. Do you really think that he will be of more help than harm, little one? He claims to work against the destruction of Oerth, and maybe he is, but he has time after time trough words and actions proven himself to be an incompetent fool. For all his venerable age he is a child playing in things he does not understand. Trough some 'luck of the fools' he has achieved power but that only makes him more dangerous." the apparition shakes its head sadly, "If you want him that desperately, then take him. Let a drunken kender with a torch into your ammunitions depot, who knows, maybe he'll only kill himself."

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
"Emperor, I respect your laws. However, he has been given the protection of Lord Kalanyr. For me to place hands on him, would be an act of war. Also, I do not like to be threatened. I do not see you as an enemy, but I will not start a war over one man. Not with millions dead. I suggest that we focus on greater issues."

"The most pressing problems at the moment are the Blood Wastes and Acerak. I am asking my allies to aid you in your struggle against Acerak. If he achieves Apotheosis, he will be ruthless to your people. In light of this, the Wanderer is not a major concern."

The Forsaken One: I like the post.

Alyx

First Post
With the onset of violence, the Red Elf's glove bursts into crimson life. The Red Elf quickly weaves a shield and thrusts it between the women and her death, hoping to keep such act of haste from causing permanent harm.

As he does so, he yells at the attacker 'Why prove the wanderer right?!'

Edena, the Red Elf is going to try to prevent any and all violence from succeeding at this meeting. What that means at the momment is that I am going to attempt to save the Black represenative with all my power.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel's head shoots up to look at the God-Emperor's apparition in the eye.

"Little? How many times have I told you people: I am not little."

Kessel resumes his normal composure.

"As for this man being a rebel. True, he may be a rebel - against you. You stand for the ideas of an evil that follows it's own codes and regulations that are selfserving. I stand for the ideals of a world of good and freedom, where individuality is important. We are opposite in the truest manner, God-Emperor."

"And this man is no weakling. Have you seen what he can do? He drained the gas out of a tank. He repels gunfire as though it were flies. This man is surely no weakling, as you claim him to be."

"And we do not just want him. We also want his people - all of them. Not simply the number you have specified. I want every single citizen from the area he has indicated to be sent to a safe location outside of the DU. Do that, and relations between us will be smoother from now on. Don't... and you and I both know what will happen."

Kalanyr

Explorer
"Do not worry the stasis field protects the representative from harm or indeed doing anything except speaking"

Serpenteye

First Post
"Archcleric, I would never start a war over sometinng as insignificant as this, though your allies are apparently willing to do so. I will allow this theft of hundreds of thousands of my citizens, in the interest of peace."
-
"And after that, Kessel? What further consessions will you demand from us? There are limits to my tolerance of your blackmail. The world would burn if war broke out between us. There would be noone left to save the planet itself from rotting away to a great sphere of 'Red Goo'. You call me evil but completely disregard the survival of this world.
I never said the wanderer was powerless or a weakling, if he were he would be harmless. It's his raving insanity and stupidity together with his power that makes him so dangerous. Can't you see that, child?"

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
"God Emperor of the Union of Oerth. The Wanderer is a little concern to you. However, Acerak is a threat."

"I have asked my allies to help you in preventing Acerak from achieving Apotheosis. If he does so, he will take vengeance on your people. I cannot let this happen because I respect you and your people. You lead a great and courageous people. Your right hand, Lord Kas, fought both Vecna and Tharizdun. How can I let such a brave people fall to Acerak."

"Acerak is a threat to all of Oerth. I believe you will receive considerable aid in this matter. I urge all to consider how they may stop Acerak."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads