(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 5 - Turn 6 (Thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maudlin

First Post
To the UO:

Since you're going to war against the considerable number of undead in your realms, I am compelled to remind you that aside from your own undead (represented in nearly every region under your control), everyone still inhabiting my former holdings had undergone the Becoming, gaining unlife. That amounted to about 35 PL when we were still counting, I think.

This just about amounts to cutting off your own right hand before it strangles you, and no chainsaws in sight :D

Mr. Draco

First Post
Maudlin, you're wrong, we do have a chainsaw.

Edena, in our efforts to destroy all our undead, we employ all the supertrolls/superdragons.

Also, we will intensify our search for the other two artifacts.

Finally, to make up for our losses in PL from undead, we will increase production of our new supertrolls/superdragons. (i.e.- will spend the effort producing them that we did producing undead). This is our only dealing with red goo.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, we do get to count the Military District of Luna, and the Military District of Polaria, as at least small size countries right?

Red Goo effect.

So there are no specifique results of using red steel for me? except the hardening.

And You need templates... for turn 6...? I am not willing on posting them on the boards :/ You know as well as everyone that there is going to get metagamed as hell.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Nooooo!!!

<< NOOOO! >>

Anabstercorian lets out a scream of absolute horror and despair as the Staff is torn away from him, along with most of his hand, by Alzem. Those few who are close enough to see this event are privileged to see something that few other mortals have ever seen - Anabstercorian, afraid.

The staff instantly blazes to life, emerald eyes glowing.
<< Infidel. >>
A thunderous, cataclysmic blast surges from the staff, washing off of the now protected Alzem like water from Oil, but completely annihilating everything else around him, aside from Anabstercorian. Enveloped in pure destructive energy, he struggles to control the staff, and at last forces it to submit to his will, at least partially.

As the smoke clears, revealing both Alzem and Anabstercorian horribly wounded, bleeding quicksilver light and black ichor, Anabstercorian stumbles backwards, eyes wide. Ichor pumps from the ragged stump of his hand.
<< You... I'll destroy you yet, Alzem. You will be utterly violated for this insult! So speaks the Chosen of Ilsensine, the Liason of Dead Memory! >> He closes his eyes, using the last of his psionic power, and vanishes.

The battle still raging, Alzem looks down at the staff in his hand. It's all he can do to keep it from killing everything in sight, and it looks at him with naked malevolence...

Maudlin

First Post
Draco: I don't think it matters anymore... it's freeform from now on. (<- the standing of the military bases, I meant)

Anab: I'm not sure that ruling should be seen as gospel yet, there seems to have been a little confusion concerning the circumstances of our attack :)

*lols at the 'flexible' remark below*

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
For Edena only!
How is the 9 HP bats project?

For everyone:
Just how free-form is the IR now?
Will we still have the arms races?
Will we still have templates?
Will we still have the lists post?

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
As Anabstercorian steps back to leave Alzem wonders if he should stop him from leaving, but decides that there has been enough bloodshed for today.

Looking down at the thing in his hand Alzem knows that he can destroy this staff but knows that he should not. It is not his place to destroy the Relic of another God, no matter how warped. Alzem then notices the horrid wounds inflicted upon his body and with a thought heals himself fully, leaving not a mark upon his body.

Alzem then turns to the Host that has gathered and thanks them for their assistance and to asks them to ensure the refugees make it to Safe Harbor (the new Island). Alzem will them proceed around the battlefield using his magic to return those who died back to life, healthier than they were before they died – (10th level cleric spells No level loss for resurrection.)

Thank you my friends for coming here, the battle would have been long and hard without your assistance, one upon which I might not have won.

At this the Staff seems to writhe in Alzem’s grasp for a second, before Alzem is able to speak again.

We have struck a blow against Evil here today, but Anabstercorian has shown his true face here today. No longer can we assist him in his actions as he has shown he has NO qualms of killing tens of millions of innocents, for nothing more than to prove he can. I will continue my work at Safe Harbor, to ease the suffering of this planet as best I can and to aid you in your trouble, but there seems to be a Storm coming, one which could require my attention.

Anabstercorian I know you are out there and can here me. One day we shall battle alone, and at that battle one of us will not survive. I do not know who it will be but when that time comes I hope you may find your peace.

Alzem then closes his eyes and sends forth his power to heal the lands affected by the recent battle and to take all those who wish to leave back to Safe Harbor, to begin a life of meaning.

OOC: Oh and Anabstercorian you need to change your .sig :) Staff what staff????

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads